Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills vs. Steelers
Hi Bengal fans. This thread can be moved if deemed necessary but i really wanted bengals fans take on Bills vs. Steelers. and i didn't feel like going to steelers forums anyway. You guys know them well. With Rudolph at QB and Watt likely out, is this a cakewalk or just wishful thinking?

Aside from Pickens, what is their biggest threat? Any vulnerabilities on defense? Thanks appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
Cakewalk.

Not enough points in the Steelers offense.

Only issue I see is if Allen has one of those 5 turnover games.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Cakewalk.

Not enough points in the Steelers offense.

Only issue I see is if Allen has one of those 5 turnover games.

This^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked to see Pittsburgh win.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not enough that we had to suffer the Bengals getting eliminated by the Steelers. Now we have to see threads in Jungle Noise on the Steelers in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
If Watt is out then Buffalo should easily win this one. Our defense played bad enough to make Mason Rudolph look like a decent QB, but if you team can hold Tua-Hill-Waddle to 14 points, then you should be able to deal with Rudolph. Bills are winning this one no doubt.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh even being there is proof that the expanded playoff format is watering down the talent in the playoffs.

That said, it's the playoffs. Single elimination. All it takes is a team getting hot at the right time or getting cold at the wrong time. Bills should have it pretty handily.
Reply/Quote
Should be a cakewalk but don’t underestimate them. You all have some injury issues of your own to deal with. And Josh Allen has had some bad playoff games.

The Steelers are a different defense and far less effective one without Watt. Tomlin gets a lot of credit for his team’s performances. What gets ignored is that the Steelers are one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL and often get away with it because of their coach and owner. They have poor tackling techniques, head hunt, and knee hunt. Without Watt, these traits will likely be out in full force.

Rudolph got really lucky with some miraculous throws that went for long yards against us. But he makes bad decisions which leaves him vulnerable to turnovers. He’s got hot and cold wide receivers who give up when things get tough. Najee Harris will be the key for them. Stop him and you’ve stopped the offense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:36 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Hi Bengal fans. This thread can be moved if deemed necessary but i really wanted bengals fans take on Bills vs. Steelers. and i didn't feel like going to steelers forums anyway. You guys know them well. With Rudolph at QB and Watt likely out, is this a cakewalk or just wishful thinking?

Aside from Pickens, what is their biggest threat? Any vulnerabilities on defense? Thanks appreciate it.

Those are some dirty players in Pittsburgh. Always have been as long as I've been around, half a century+. 

I'm pulling for the Bills and the Lions to make it to the big game and the Bills to come out on top. Those 4 losses in a row were hard to watch those many years ago and it be nice to see you guys win 1. With that said, the Bengals fan in me can't believe I typed that. So, WHO DEY IN NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Have your players tuck their dreads into their jerseys, your QB wear dual knee braces, and be ready to knock out ANY Steeler coach that finds themselves on the field during the game. They play real shady when they know they have no chance.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are a good team, not anything close to a great team though. Watt raises their ability to win a good bit, he's a game wrecker. His WAR if this was baseball would be high. If he's out I highly doubt their chances.

Rudolph is no staring NFL level QB. He's had a decent couple games but it won't last.

Like has been said Josh Allen having one of his trying to win all by himself four turnover games is pretty much all that will beat you.
Reply/Quote
In spite of what the Bengals fans will tell you, the Steelers are not significantly dirtier than any other team, at least not the version you’ll see on Sunday. They’ve got a large fine total, but most of that comes from one guy (Damontae Kazee with six fines for over $250,000) and he’s been suspended for the rest of the year. Statistically speaking, the team you will see on Sunday isn’t nearly as dirty as they are with Kazee in there.

The loss of Watt is tough, but don’t sleep on Nick Herbig. He’s no Watt, but he’s no slouch either. He’s a rookie, but he’s shown a lot of promise, and he wasn’t in there when Watt missed a significant amount of time last year. Don’t be surprised to hear Herbig’s name called a lot on Sunday.

Honestly, the assessments of Mason Rudolph here probably aren’t wrong, but I’ve been waiting for him to cool off, and it hasn’t happened yet. He’s not turning the ball over, and if that keeps up, it will put the pressure on Allen to do the same.

I wish you good luck on Sunday, but not too much! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 05:04 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: In spite of what the Bengals fans will tell you, the Steelers are not significantly dirtier than any other team, at least not the version you’ll see on Sunday.  They’ve got a large fine total, but most of that comes from one guy (Damontae Kazee with six fines for over $250,000) and he’s been suspended for the rest of the year.  Statistically speaking, the team you will see on Sunday isn’t nearly as dirty as they are with Kazee in there.  

The loss of Watt is tough, but don’t sleep on Nick Herbig.  He’s no Watt, but he’s no slouch either.  He’s a rookie, but he’s shown a lot of promise, and he wasn’t in there when Watt missed a significant amount of time last year.  Don’t be surprised to hear Herbig’s name called a lot on Sunday.  

Honestly, the assessments of Mason Rudolph here probably aren’t wrong, but I’ve been waiting for him to cool off, and it hasn’t happened yet.  He’s not turning the ball over, and if that keeps up, it will put the pressure on Allen to do the same.  

I wish you good luck on Sunday, but not too much!  ThumbsUp

Yada, yada, "we're not dirty, honest", "it was all that one guy, him..."   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 05:04 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: In spite of what the Bengals fans will tell you, the Steelers are not significantly dirtier than any other team, at least not the version you’ll see on Sunday.  They’ve got a large fine total, but most of that comes from one guy (Damontae Kazee with six fines for over $250,000) and he’s been suspended for the rest of the year.  Statistically speaking, the team you will see on Sunday isn’t nearly as dirty as they are with Kazee in there.  

The loss of Watt is tough, but don’t sleep on Nick Herbig.  He’s no Watt, but he’s no slouch either.  He’s a rookie, but he’s shown a lot of promise, and he wasn’t in there when Watt missed a significant amount of time last year.  Don’t be surprised to hear Herbig’s name called a lot on Sunday.  

Honestly, the assessments of Mason Rudolph here probably aren’t wrong, but I’ve been waiting for him to cool off, and it hasn’t happened yet.  He’s not turning the ball over, and if that keeps up, it will put the pressure on Allen to do the same.  

Right

4 of the top 10 most fined individuals (Including 1 & 3) in the league, with 40% more total player fines than the next team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would be shocked to see Pittsburgh win.

I said that 3 weeks ago.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I said that 3 weeks ago.

Shocked was a little strong. I’d be surprised.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Stealers fans got jokes....   Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:36 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Hi Bengal fans. This thread can be moved if deemed necessary but i really wanted bengals fans take on Bills vs. Steelers. and i didn't feel like going to steelers forums anyway. You guys know them well. With Rudolph at QB and Watt likely out, is this a cakewalk or just wishful thinking?

Steelers defense might keep them in it.  and the offense has been playing decent.

But this will come down to Josh allen mistakes i think     if he makes to many the steelers have a shot.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Junglenoise, appreciate the input. Hope dirty hits, if there are any, don't result in injuries. The most recent worry is that weather will be the great equalizer. It does suck that you get a home playoff game with bad weather and draw freaking Cincinnati last year Pittsburgh this year, but oh well. Them the breaks. I'll be out there and be the 10% of fans not whining about the wind.
Reply/Quote