Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Hamilton Leading MLB in Stolen Bases End Of September
I hope he does it. His 57 are 4 ahead of Gordon of Marlins.....Not much at all to cheer about this year as a Red. The All-Star game was great in Cincy and the Tony Perez statue and the Nasty Boys reunions, but from start of season to the end, this year was a flop. ....At seasons end, Hamilton leading all baseball in stolen base would be great. ...With only a few games left, it's very possible this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If he could just hit. He's a terror when he gets on base.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When he was injured a while back I was afraid he might miss too much time or not run as much when he returned. But he is still just scalding the bases.

This is the first year he really knew how to use his speed properly.

'14.....56 stolen bases...23 caught stealing
'15.....57 stolen bases.... 8 caught stealing

But he could still get on base a lot more if he was just willing to work on bunting. His speed is ridiculous. He needs to take advantage of it.

I didn't expect him to be a great hitter this year, but I expected to see some improvement. Instead he has gotten a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When he was injured a while back I was afraid he might miss too much time or not run as much when he returned.  But he is still just scalding the bases.

This is the first year he really knew how to use his speed properly.

'14.....56 stolen bases...23 caught stealing
'15.....57 stolen bases.... 8 caught stealing

But he could still get on base a lot more if he was just willing to work on bunting.  His speed is ridiculous. He needs to take advantage of it.

I didn't expect him to be a great hitter this year, but I expected to see some improvement.  Instead he has gotten a lot worse.

It would be unfair if the dude could hit.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:50 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It would be unfair if the dude could hit.  

I'm just asking for a 270/.340/.400 type slash line is all lol... He can get to around that level, boy would that be amazing
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Billy Hamilton will mercifully get to miss the rest of the season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm just asking for a 270/.340/.400 type slash line is all lol... He can get to around that level, boy would that be amazing

He has to get rid of that uppercut swing.  If you watch Dee Gordon, who has similar assets, he hits way more ground balls.  It doesn't matter how fast you are, you can't beat out a popup.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hamilton is not just fast. He is among the fastest of the fast. Eric Davis was the fastest Red i have ever seen and hamilton is faster than him.

Billy really needs to take more advantage of this gift. He needs to be pounding the ball into the ground and/or bunting almost every time at bat.

As I said before, I did not expect him to be a great hitter, but I expected him to improve some on his '14 numbers (.250 batting average, .292 on-base percentage, 355 slugging). I didn't really care at all about his slugging percentage, but his drop across the board was very upsetting (.226, .274, .289).

To put in perspective how bad Hamilton was consider that among the 202 MLB players who have at least 400 plate appearances this year he ranks 197th in on base percentage and 200th in slugging percentage.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hamilton is not just fast.  He is among the fastest of the fast.  Eric Davis was the fastest Red i have ever seen and hamilton is faster than him.

Billy really needs to take more advantage of this gift.  He needs to be pounding the ball into the ground and/or bunting almost every time at bat.  

As I said before, I did not expect him to be a great hitter, but I expected him to improve some on his '14 numbers (.250 batting average, .292 on-base percentage, 355 slugging).  I didn't really care at all about his slugging percentage, but his drop across the board was very upsetting (.226, .274, .289).  

To put in perspective how bad Hamilton was consider that among the 202 MLB players who have at least 400 plate appearances this year he ranks 197th in on base percentage and 200th in slugging percentage.

Apparently, it was mentioned on one of the radio broadcasts that Pete Rose will be working with him this offseason to change his swing and develop his bunting ability.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dee Gordon of Miami finished # 1 with 58 stolen bases

Billy Hamilton finished # 2 with 57 stolen bases.

Charlie Blackmon of Colorado finished # 3 with 43 stolen bases

He came close.....I also like his D in center field. ....As for his hitting, well, I think most of the Reds have a lot of room for improvement in hitting and bunting to the point managing and coaching must be called on the carpet.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:26 PM)kevin Wrote: Dee Gordon of Miami finished # 1 with 58 stolen bases

Billy Hamilton finished # 2 with 57 stolen bases.

Charlie Blackmon of Colorado finished # 3 with 43 stolen bases

He came close.....I also like his D in center field. ....As for his hitting, well, I think most of the Reds have a lot of room for improvement in hitting and bunting to the point managing and coaching must be called on the carpet.

Yea, but Hamilton had so many fewer at bats. It's a shame he can't get his bat right, because he's definitely the best base stealer in the majors. Now all he's got to do is get on base more.
Reply/Quote