Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Hamilton will not be tendered
(12-03-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ervin never hit anything in the minors.  Next year when the other teams have a full scouting report on him he will flounder.

Which he why he would be a one year stop gap to get Trammell ready. Not claiming Ervin should be a permanent long term starter.
Reply/Quote
I'm not totally convinced Trammel couldn't do just fine in the big leagues right now so it may be the all mighty team control issue keeping him in AAA or AA.. I'm not really sure. On the other hand I'd hate like hell to see him brought up too soon, hit around .200 or less and lose all confidence then labeled a bust.
As far as Hamilton, I've been over Billly for awhile now failing miserably hitting in the pitchers slot.
I seriously doubt any team can unlock his alleged potential . He's had his shots and disappointed time and time again. Let another team and their fans be disappointed with Billy. The last thing we need is a lead off hitter who can't keep up with bullpen batters..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 02:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We shall see.  Lots of guys that play center in the minors don't translate in the majors.  I still think a free agent or trade acquisition will man CF for the Reds for at least 2019-2020.
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/reds-trammell-wins-redsfest-home-run-derby-with-fan/c-301343224

Article on team's website. Looks like they view him as the future at center field. Maybe not this year, might be why they are looking for a vet, but Trammell will be the CF sooner rather than later. If they don't think Trammell is ready this year, I think Ervin would be a fine one year stop gap. He showed plenty of ability down the stretch last year.
Reply/Quote
Billy signed a 1 year deal with Kansas City.

The Reds are looking into trades for Puig or Inciarte. I’d rather have Inciarte, but if the Puig trade unloads Bailey...

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-asking-about-ender-inciarte-yasiel-puig/c-301720942
Reply/Quote