Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price......
Watching him yesterday only one phrase came to mind....... "Frank who?"
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching him yesterday only one phrase came to mind....... "Frank who?"

Bwahahahaha...And did you see Bodine like "Hey guys! Take it easy on me out there, ok?"  And he got destroyed.  

That first round move to get Glenn and Price with what was essentially one pick was the move of the draft, IMHO.

This offense is poised to explode.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This offense is poised to explode.  

And the Defense looks like it is really going to be nasty this year. Imagine when Taz gets back..... I loved the commentators remark about Marvin walking around with a smirk all pre-season because he knew what he has.....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And the Defense looks like it is really going to be nasty this year. Imagine when Taz gets back..... I loved the commentators remark about Marvin walking around with a smirk all pre-season because he knew what he has.....

I only wished we played the Squeelers game 2 so we can teach them a lesson when most teams have all their players healthy and get jungle smacked down by our mean Defense. AND Billings pancaking Ben every other down. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Price has done a very good job pass blocking it’s nice to not have your center getting pushed into your quarterbacks lap evey play. All I could think of when watching the Buffalo game was good luck with Bodine bills fans. Price along with our entire line needs to improve in run blocking. Even tho Ragnow is playing guard for the Lions I think he will be very good. People blew the whole Price vs Ragnow thing out of portion. Saying the Lions stole our guy and we should have traded up. It takes two teams to trade plus we probably would have had to give up one of are picks and maybe never get a guy like Hubbard. The Bengals could have Price rated higher or the same. It’s also possible both players turn into very good players.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And the Defense looks like it is really going to be nasty this year. Imagine when Taz gets back..... I loved the commentators remark about Marvin walking around with a smirk all pre-season because he knew what he has.....

And when was the last time both were pretty good at the same time? 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:20 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I only wished we played the Squeelers game 2 so we can teach them a lesson when most teams have all their players healthy and get jungle smacked down by our mean Defense. AND Billings pancaking Ben every other down. :andy:

I'm perfectly content getting them at home right after Taz comes off suspension....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm perfectly content getting them at home right after Taz comes off suspension....

Me too. Nice seeing things come together like we seen yesterday. A lot of great execution.

Reply/Quote
Price is that stud Center we needed, just happy he is getting down the pass blocking and giving Dalton a pocket.

I had Ragnow as the better pass protector and Price as the better run blocker so Price will get the run blocking down i
am sure of it. Now that Dalton has a stud Center he will show that he is much better than the haters state and he will
have his best season without a doubt IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price is that stud Center we needed, just happy he is getting down the pass blocking and giving Dalton a pocket.

I had Ragnow as the better pass protector and Price as the better run blocker so Price will get the run blocking down i
am sure of it. Now that Dalton has a stud Center he will show that he is much better than the haters state and he will
have his best season without a doubt IMO.

If it's true he has allowed zero pressures so far, even with backups who's releases aren't as fast as Dalton's, then you can't do much better than that.....
Reply/Quote
No doubt. Price is gonna anchor that center spot for the next decade. After all these years with bums at center, we've finally got us a good one.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Finally. A center we have can count on.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If it's true he has allowed zero pressures so far, even with backups who's releases aren't as fast as Dalton's, then you can't do much better than that.....

Thats what i heard, Price and Westerman, zero pressures.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And when was the last time both were pretty good at the same time? 

Our offense will struggle against average and above averages defenses due to the poor right side of the OL and the overall inability to run the ball. And we have virtually no depth on the OL so one injury and it is big trouble.  It is unfortunate that they did not complete the OL re-build in the offseaon
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i heard, Price and Westerman, zero pressures.

Don't you find it ironic that one of the "knocks" on Price, compared to other top Centers, was that his pass pro was behind compared to his run blocking?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't you find it ironic that one of the "knocks" on Price, compared to other top Centers, was that his pass pro was behind compared to his run blocking?

Honestly, it has surprised me how well Price has pass protected, cause that was his knock.

Great run blocker but would give up a pressure from time to time. I think we have to remember the Defenses
he has been going against though. Better run stopping Defenses, all of them, Chicago, Dallas and Buffalo were
very good against the run last season, especially Buffalo i believe. I know Chicago was like a 7th ranking.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm perfectly content getting them at home right after Taz comes off suspension....

pissburg scored some with bennie back at QB, but their D is gonna be real suspect for the pass and I CAN"T WAIT TILL BURFICT COMES IN AND DESTROYS SCHUSTER!!! Legally of course, no matter!!!

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Andy fainted the first time he took the snap, looked forward and ACTUALLY SAW A POCKET he could step into. :)

It is good to remember that what a change Price represents. The Bengals have been plagued with poor Center play almost continuously since Rich Braham had to retire. Both Ghiacuc and Bodine were in their time as starters mentioned regularly as the worst Center in the NFL and Cook at his best was sort of average. So even when we had players like Whit and Zeitler we were still plagued by poor interior line play.
Reply/Quote
We drafted a position of need instead of BPA (or who we had ranked as BPA) for the first time in a while in Round 1.........its paid off............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:03 AM)corpjet Wrote: We drafted a position of need instead of BPA (or who we had ranked as BPA) for the first time in a while in Round 1.........its paid off............

Quite true. While generally BPA is a good philosophy there are times you have to draft for need and this year we FINALLY did it - and did it both with Price and Bates. Also we did an excellent job with trades so that essentially our first round pick was actually both Billy Price AND Cordy Glenn.
Reply/Quote