Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price Draft Night Video
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-Rd-1---Billy-Price/2f0154ec-922a-4579-aea0-7c48115ae598

This Billy Price draft night video is awesome!  Listen to the first two questions Offensive Line Coach Frank Pollack asks Billy on the phone:

"Are you fired up?"

"Are you ready to go to work?"

I like this coach a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah me too. I really didn't know too much about him before he was hired. At first I was like, "Well, anything is better than what we had. Now I'm 100% stoked to what this dude is bringing to the table.

Reply/Quote
I could almost swear I heard Billy say, "Ah shit" after Merv introduced himself on the phone....... Lol
Reply/Quote
HELL YEAH!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-Rd-1---Billy-Price/2f0154ec-922a-4579-aea0-7c48115ae598

This Billy Price draft night video is awesome!  Listen to the first two questions Offensive Line Coach Frank Pollack asks Billy on the phone:

"Are you fired up?"

I like this coach a lot.
Thanks for the video of Marvin calling him.  I've been looking on Youtube to see if any of our draftees had the videos from home that show them watching their name get called on draft night but I can't find any for Price or any of the others.  
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-Rd-1---Billy-Price/2f0154ec-922a-4579-aea0-7c48115ae598

"Are you fired up?"

I like this coach a lot.

I eat this stuff up.  Thanks for posting.  Billy Price may or may not have been the #1 rated center on their board, but one thing that I love about this kid is he has a serious case of the red ass, is a leader, and is used to winning.  He expects to win.  I don't want to heap too much on this guy, but I can see him being what we lost in Whit from a leadership standpoint, only more fiery.

Ok, now imagine Pollak isn't the offensive line coach, and Alexander gets on there.  The conversation might go something like this:

Alexander:  "Billy, Paul Alexander...listen, I like your toughness and your strength, but I have you signed up for ballet to get on that footwork.  And I want you to dance, I want you to fly...like a beautiful peacock, I want you to dance and fly...hey, that reminds me of a song!  Hold on, there is a piano in the room...."

Price:  "Uhhhh...."
Reply/Quote
BP is going to have an immediate impact to our line. He’s a Ohio kid who has a blue collar work ethic. At 6-4, 300+lbs, and an iron will, he will be tough to get through. AD is gonna love him.

Reply/Quote

"Are you fired up?"

I like this coach a lot.

those are the same questions virtually every coach asks a new draft pick

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 10:22 AM)pally Wrote: those are the same questions virtually every coach asks a new draft pick

Mellow

[Image: rain+on.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 10:22 AM)pally Wrote: those are the same questions virtually every coach asks a new draft pick

Yes, but that was our 1st round pick.  It's ok to be happy for him in his moment.  Personally, I thought he sounded quite anxious to get to work!

At least the camera didn't catch him saying "Oh man, not the %&*$ing Bengals.."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least the camera didn't catch him saying "Oh man, not the %&*$ing Bengals.."

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 09:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: BP is going to have an immediate impact to our line. He’s a Ohio kid who has a blue collar work ethic. At 6-4, 300+lbs, and an iron will, he will be tough to get through. AD is gonna love him.

Ready to see the transformation of OL with addition of good Center.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
and what Pollack brings to the table too.

Feeling much better about season than could have ever dreamt at seasons end last year.

Still would have like more OL depth but very happy with everything else.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 02:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and what Pollack brings to the table too.

Feeling much better about season than could have ever dreamt at seasons end last year.

Still would have like more OL depth but very happy with everything else.

I’m with you. It’s typical in the past that we get pumped up about the upcoming season based more on hope than ability. This year we have both and have made substantial strides to do, well, things unbungle like. We really have solid reasoning to be stoked for this season.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mellow

[Image: rain+on.jpg]

And are there any doubts as to why you win "Best use of GIFs/Photos" every year?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2018, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And are there any doubts as to why you win "Best use of GIFs/Photos" every year?

Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Him or Ragnow, I really didn't care who we took.

It's a bonus that he's from Ohio AND he wants to play here. Should immediately upgrade the WORST position on the team for years.

I look forward to not seeing the Center 5 yards in the backfield on his ass.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 02:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m with you. It’s typical in the past that we get pumped up about the upcoming season based more on hope than ability. This year we have both and have made substantial strides to do, well, things unbungle like. We really have solid reasoning to be stoked for this season.

Harley Dog,you are so funny and I love your attitude ; and I believe Billy Price is going to be an ass-kicking center and I could see some serious fights this year,he is fearless and he will set the tone on this line,believe that.This is going to be a fun team to watch and I hope the dc and oc dudes keep marvin in the locker room.He brings everyone down.I am excited to watch and read your posts this season,I been with the bengals since 1968,season ticket holder forever.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2018, 05:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Him or Ragnow, I really didn't care who we took.

It's a bonus that he's from Ohio AND he wants to play here.  Should immediately upgrade the WORST position on the team for years.

Agreed.  I would love to see a study on Good Morning Football or something where someone correlated the center rankings (I guess you would have to use PFF) and the QB behind them.  You could even break it down on a per-game average.  I would be willing to bet that there is a significant correlation and could be even greater than the impact on the running game.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs for the Bengals to sign Mack when he became a FA, and the Falcons made that move.  Look at what Ryan did immediately after getting Mack as center?  I understand there were coaching changes, etc, but it was a huge difference on that team.

I am not trying to compare Price to the veteran All-Pro Mack, but if he is a significant upgrade (as we all believe he will be) over Bodine, his impact could be just as great as Mack's.  
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2018, 05:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Him or Ragnow, I really didn't care who we took.

It's a bonus that he's from Ohio AND he wants to play here.  Should immediately upgrade the WORST position on the team for years.

yep...and not seeing our LT getting plowed back to the quarterback on every play
Reply/Quote