Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price and Jonah Williams
Metcalf is all sizzle, no steak. Freaking Ross was more productive in college. No thanks. Get Taylor or Risner.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Id be on-board with going OT again in the 2nd, but I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to do that.

I think Greedy Williams makes sense with Dennard only signed for 1 year.
Reply/Quote
I think they like Harris and Phillips, so I don’t think they draft CB this early. Not a huge fan of any of the linebackers at this spot so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a guy like Paris Campbell or another OLineman. Also don’t sleep on Lock slipping to us
Reply/Quote
For everyone that doesn’t like any of these LBers can you please explain how we’re going to be even halfway competitive with the ones we have now? Vigil, Evans, Brown, and Jefferson... That would probably end up being the worst LB group in the entire league.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Id be on-board with going OT again in the 2nd, but I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to do that.

I think Greedy Williams makes sense with Dennard only signed for 1 year.

Greedy Williams doesnt make sense to replace Dennard. Williams is afraid to tackle and honestly he kinda embarrassed himself at the combine while doing the drills with his lack of technique..and then quit half way through them. It was funny cuz Deion was out there showing them how it was supposed to be done after Greedy's turns lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For everyone that doesn’t like any of these LBers can you please explain how we’re going to be even halfway competitive with the ones we have now? Vigil, Evans, Brown, and Jefferson... That would probably end up being the worst LB group in the entire league.

Easy. There isn’t a lb worth pick 42 imho. No need to reach. They can’t fill all their needs this year unless all their picks would have been in the first 3 rounds. This team has other holes and need to look 1-3 years down the road too.

There are lbs in 3-4 that can be drafted. They can sign Zach brown as a free agent. They could trade for darron lee or another lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:33 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Easy.  There isn’t a lb worth pick 42 imho.  No need to reach.  They can’t fill all their needs this year unless all their picks would have been in the first 3 rounds.  This team has other holes and need to look 1-3 years down the road too.  

There are lbs in 3-4 that can be drafted.  They can sign Zach brown as a free agent.  They could trade for darron lee or another lb

I could see them giving up a 5th for Darron Lee then packaging a couple six rounders to move back up into the 5th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:33 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Easy. There isn’t a lb worth pick 42 imho. No need to reach. They can’t fill all their needs this year unless all their picks would have been in the first 3 rounds. This team has other holes and need to look 1-3 years down the road too.

There are lbs in 3-4 that can be drafted. They can sign Zach brown as a free agent. They could trade for darron lee or another lb

I find it very hard to believe there are no LBers worth taking in the next couple rounds.

People said the same thing about OL the last couple years, and have then spent the entire time since bitching about only taking one (not counting Rod Taylor in the 7th rd).

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I find it very hard to believe there are no LBers worth taking in the next couple rounds.

People said the same thing about OL the last couple years, and have then spent the entire time since bitching about only taking one (not counting Rod Taylor in the 7th rd).

I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t think there aren’t talented linebackers, but I think they all fit more in rounds 3,4,5 at 47 I don’t see one standing out to me, I would say that there is a lot of value still on the board and we shouldn’t pass on a really good player for a linebacker that we don’t have rated as high.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:00 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t think there aren’t talented linebackers, but I think they all fit more in rounds 3,4,5 at 47 I don’t see one standing out to me, I would say that there is a lot of value still on the board and we shouldn’t pass on a really good player for a linebacker that we don’t have rated as high.

If Mack Wilson is there when we pick just grab him.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: I could see them giving up a 5th for Darron Lee then packaging a couple six rounders to move back up into the 5th.

Yep. Or sign one that was waived.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:00 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t think there aren’t talented linebackers, but I think they all fit more in rounds 3,4,5 at 47 I don’t see one standing out to me, I would say that there is a lot of value still on the board and we shouldn’t pass on a really good player for a linebacker that we don’t have rated as high.

Right. Don't want to reach in the 2nd when we can get one in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
The way the draft has unfolded there's going to be too good of talent to pass up at 42 for any lb. I can see a Olineman (Ford, Little, Taylor), a TE (Irv), a DE (Ferguson), or a wideout (I'd take Brown over Campbell).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Mack Wilson is there when we pick just grab him.

If the team really likes him then sure, but I am not a fan of his.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I find it very hard to believe there are no LBers worth taking in the next couple rounds.

I said I didn't think there was one worthy of pick 42.  I did say rounds 3-4 would be when they would go lb
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:58 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Metcalf is all sizzle, no steak. Freaking Ross was more productive in college. No thanks. Get Taylor or Risner.
Same feeling I have about him. People always say Ross is just all speed but he had over 80 catches and 1000 yards in his last season. He ran a array of routes to do so and I just see Metcalf highlights off go routes.
What about Hakim Butler from Iowa St? He also a big receiver that ran a 4.4
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: UH OH. The NFL better watch out. We are laying some serious foundation pieces on the OL. Back to back All American studs from powerhouse programs. My goodness. Things are looking up.

Yes, it is a time to be excited if you are a Bengal fan. Looking for Dalton and Mixon to have a monster year once all these guys on this O-line get their chemistry together. Adding Sample also helps everything out as he was the best blocking TE in this class, even better than Hochenson. Sample just needs to be used correctly, he has good hands, so he is not a one dimensional TE like Fant would be.

Loving this Draft, Pratt is my favorite pick though, we needed a LB like him, damn good versatile Linebacker.
Reply/Quote