Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price apparanty had an invisible defender in front of him
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It’s a slide protection/ Zone blocking PA that John Jerry didn’t get the memo on, he should have kicked down like the entire line does. You see the whole line go the same direction except Jerry? The TE had the widest rusher there and Jerry messed up.
Reply/Quote
I'm not shedding any tears for Dalton, but are we really peddling the narrative that Andy Dalton at no point in those seasons where we were good and winning 9-12 games avoided a pass rush and/or extended a play? This idea that Dalton never did anything but run backwards and dive into the turf is making me wonder if we are really just choosing to all go insane rather than be bummed out.

Marvin NEVER went for it on 4th down! Marvin NEVER made adjustments. Dalton NEVER avoided a pass rush! What else NEVER happened when we were you know...actually looking like an NFL franchise that is happening now that we are losing games in the 1st quarter? Geez.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty clear he expected the tackle to take the man to his left, so then maintained his zone until it was evident there would not be a backer or lineman on a stunt coming through, at which point he helped to double team the defender on the center. Without knowing the actual protection call, can't say if he was right or wrong.
Reply/Quote
Price, if you're not sure what to do.. just step back rather than sideways..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s a slide protection/ Zone blocking PA that John Jerry didn’t get the memo on, he should have kicked down like the entire line does. You see the whole line go the same direction except Jerry? The TE had the widest rusher there and Jerry messed up.

Agreed. looked like Jerry missed the call to slide to the right with the TE blocking the edge defender.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not shedding any tears for Dalton, but are we really peddling the narrative that Andy Dalton at no point in those seasons where we were good and winning 9-12 games avoided a pass rush and/or extended a play?  This idea that Dalton never did anything but run backwards and dive into the turf is making me wonder if we are really just choosing to all go insane rather than be bummed out.

Marvin NEVER went for it on 4th down!  Marvin NEVER made adjustments.  Dalton NEVER avoided a pass rush!  What else NEVER happened when we were you know...actually looking like an NFL franchise that is happening now that we are losing games in the 1st quarter?  Geez.

I miss Zac's charming press conferences.

He INSTALLED A CLOCK AT THE PRACTICE FIELD. Dude is a genius! A CLOCK! Marvin never did that. Marvin used a $4 stopwatch that he bought at KMart.

Now all Zac says is we gotta win our 1 on 1 matchups. And We're close!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pretty clear he expected the tackle to take the man to his left, so then maintained his zone until it was evident there would not be a backer or lineman on a stunt coming through, at which point he helped to double team the defender on the center. Without knowing the actual protection call, can't say if he was right or wrong.

Price was right you can see the whole line step down, don’t need to know the call. The fact the TE took a half step down means he expected to have the end has well which confirms it.
Reply/Quote
If you watch carefully you’ll see #57 fake a blitz and when Billy Price picks it up, #57 drops back.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If you watch carefully you’ll see Terrell Suggs fake a blitz and when Billy Price picks it up, Suggs drops back.

A fake from Tampa?  Cuz that's where Suggs was playing today...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Price was right you can see the whole line step down, don’t need to know the call. The fact the TE took a half step down means he expected to have the end has well which confirms it.

I suspected he was right, and for the very reason you are basing your statement on.  But without the call, we really don't know for certain what the tackle, guard, or TE was supposed to do.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: A fake from Tampa?  Cuz that's where Suggs was playing today...

Good point. I meant CJ Mosley! Wasn’t Suggs #57 with the Ravens before, as you pointed out, he went to Tampa Bay?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Good point.  I meant CJ Mosley!  Wasn’t Suggs #57 with the Ravens before, as you pointed out, he went to Tampa Bay?

He is now 56 with Arizona.  But they played in Tampa today.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Good point.  I meant CJ Mosley!  Wasn’t Suggs #57 with the Ravens before, as you pointed out, he went to Tampa Bay?

For the record, wasn't Mosley either.  He is now a Jet
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: For the record, wasn't Mosley either.  He is now a Jet

I’m stinking up my Ravens’ player knowledge! Just insert “number 57.”
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I suspected he was right, and for the very reason you are basing your statement on.  But without the call, we really don't know for certain what the tackle, guard, or TE was supposed to do.

Yea...we actually do. The whole line doesn’t step down and then one random guy kick step. Also the TE literally almost stepped on Jerry’s ankle taking his half step which wouldn’t happen if the blocking scheme was properly executed. I can 100% say Jerry blew it, it was an outside zone play action when you watch it back and he was the only one not zone blocking.
Reply/Quote
As a former lineman in high school, have to blame Jerry (LT) . Price's responsiblility would have been the 1 gap between him and the center. Jerry's was the 3 gap but instead chose the 5 gap which the TE also had, as seen by the clip.

In conclusion, Billy Price did the right thing.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
recording in portrait
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not shedding any tears for Dalton, but are we really peddling the narrative that Andy Dalton at no point in those seasons where we were good and winning 9-12 games avoided a pass rush and/or extended a play?  This idea that Dalton never did anything but run backwards and dive into the turf is making me wonder if we are really just choosing to all go insane rather than be bummed out.

Trollberry is as bad if not worse thn some people here.

Different times he has completetly nmade stufff upto rip the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Here is a better view. You cans see better in this one that Jerry steps under the TE instead of zone blocking down to his right. In reality a WR was motioned in to help the TE and when Jerry takes their guy the TE and WR just look confused as to who they are supposed to block.

Reply/Quote