Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price injury
(09-20-2018, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Remember when some folks were growing tired of the offseason praise of that hire?  Not looking so over the top right now. :andy:

Parrish the thought   I never had a bit of doubt except for the times I did and they don't count since they were all in preseason except for the times they weren't.  If you exclude the many many many times I've been wrong I've never been wrong.. Of course there was that time I used Parrish instead of perish, but that's all over now..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:33 AM)thillan Wrote: Agreed! I know I may read too much into it, but he just comes across as a competitor who isn't scared of anybody. And we were playing Baltimore!

Love having that mindset from a Center. I'm really happy we got him.

You're not reading anything into it, that's Billy!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Remember when some folks were growing tired of the offseason praise of that hire?  Not looking so over the top right now. :andy:

The OL will have a big test this Sunday, for sure.  However, as of the moment, the move of hiring Coach Pollack is looking like a good one.  Interior of the OL looking strong, aggressive run blocking, pockets beginning to take shape.  I even noticed a couple of well executed trap plays, versus the Ravens.  And, things will only continue to improve with more reps played together.

Hopkins looking like a solid backup for Price, hope he continues to hold up while Billy rehabs the foot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:27 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: So who backs up Hopkins, Westerman?  Or do we bring back TJ Johnson?  Not sure if he got picked up or not.

I believe that westerman was practicing some Center this spring
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The OL will have a big test this Sunday, for sure.  However, as of the moment, the move of hiring Coach Pollack is looking like a good one.  Interior of the OL looking strong, aggressive run blocking, pockets beginning to take shape.  I even noticed a couple of well executed trap plays, versus the Ravens.  And, things will only continue to improve with more reps played together.

Hopkins looking like a solid backup for Price, hope he continues to hold up while Billy rehabs the foot.

Hopkins was a nice surprise at Center, though not as strong in the run game.

A shame Price went down.  Joe Goodberry said that Price had really improved in the run game in the time he was on the field against the Ravens.  Made me hope he still has significant upside.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 02:28 PM)3wt Wrote: Hopkins was a nice surprise at Center, though not as strong in the run game.

A shame Price went down.  Joe Goodberry said that Price had really improved in the run game in the time he was on the field against the Ravens.  Made me hope he still has significant upside.

That's what 1st round draft picks are supposed to do, improve steadily.  I'm not worried about the injury, his foot got stepped on.  Freak accident.  He'll be back on the field soon, and leading the charge.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The OL will have a big test this Sunday, for sure.  However, as of the moment, the move of hiring Coach Pollack is looking like a good one.  Interior of the OL looking strong, aggressive run blocking, pockets beginning to take shape.  I even noticed a couple of well executed trap plays, versus the Ravens.  And, things will only continue to improve with more reps played together.

Absolutely.  It was nice to see a backup come in and not totally cramp our style.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I am CURIOUS. Did ANYONE see last weeks game? No Sacks, 100+ rushing yards.

Look, the Falcons ran for over 100, and passed for 300? I think the Bengals can do the same.

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
Sucks Billy being out but Hopkins played admirable in his place which really made me believe we will be alright
against the Panthers. Pollack has done a hell of a job with these guys. They are even coming around quicker than
i thought with the new Coach and scheme.
Reply/Quote

Yep, Bengals oline improvement combined with Dallas' oline decline tells us all we really need to know.  Rock On

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 08:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep, Bengals oline improvement combined with Dallas' oline decline tells us all we really need to know.  Rock On

Sure does. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sucks Billy being out but Hopkins played admirable in his place which really made me believe we will be alright
against the Panthers. Pollack has done a hell of a job with these guys. They are even coming around quicker than
i thought with the new Coach and scheme.

Nate ..........I couldn't agree more !!!

Signing Pollack may turn out to be even better than stealing our stud LT from Buffalo (still cant believe we pulled that one off)

The O Linemen are finally speaking publicly about PA and how bad the OL room was

I saw us lose our starting center vs Balti and the replacement didn't miss a beat with Pollack at the wheel
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:19 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Nate ..........I couldn't agree more !!!

Signing Pollack may turn out to be even better than stealing our stud LT from Buffalo (still cant believe we pulled that one off)

The O Linemen are finally speaking publicly about PA and how bad the OL room was

I saw us lose our starting center vs Balti and the replacement didn't miss a beat with Pollack at the wheel

Bet Pollack had something to do with stealing Glenn from Buffalo too man.

Best moves we have made in forever. As BengalChris said, PA's talented O-line in Dallas is struggling.

Tells a lot about the move to go from PA to Pollack. :andy:
Reply/Quote