Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price interview with D&H sports
These guys have been making Bengals videos for years and now they've been getting some big interviews like Billy Price and Ken Anderson.

Here's Billy Price's interview talking about our O-line and the upcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yUnmi36SQ
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's me, but I can't get through 3 minutes let alone 30 of some weird ass muppets trying to talk to a pro football player.

Would've really liked to hear what Billy Price had to say...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 08:21 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: These guys have been making Bengals videos for years and now they've been getting some big interviews like Billy Price and Ken Anderson.

Here's Billy Price's interview talking about our O-line and the upcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yUnmi36SQ

Those two names should never be used in the same sentence.

Reply/Quote
Ace Boogey is a better as far as You Tube Bengals fans go.

D&H got annoying with the e begging for puppet money
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 10:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Maybe it's me, but I can't get through 3 minutes let alone 30 of some weird ass muppets trying to talk to a pro football player.

Those puppets have more personality than most other interviewers IMO; and I find it hilarious that NFL players are talking to them and treat it like a normal interview, which it is. 

The interview is actually pretty good if you can take things a little less seriously you know? 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 11:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Ace Boogey is a better as far as You Tube Bengals fans go.

D&H got annoying with the e begging for puppet money

I don’t watch that puppet channel, but I agree Ace Boogie is pretty good. His videos have come a long way. He’s had some really good interviews lately, too (Blake, TJ, Willie, Kareem).

Reply/Quote
I think the puppets are okey, but the interview was pretty solid. Billy explained a lot of his injury history and what they are doing to make sure he shows up to camp 100% healthy. He mentioned the plantar fasciitis occurred two weeks before the start of last season. I also like what he said about being a first round pick and how he takes that seriously.

Matt Minich asks some good questions.

I view Price as a lottery ticket at this point and that he might pay off big time this year or simply stay a back up and disappear.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the puppets are okey, but the interview was pretty solid. Billy explained a lot of his injury history and what they are doing to make sure he shows up to camp 100% healthy. He mentioned the plantar fasciitis occurred two weeks before the start of last season. I also like what he said about being a first round pick and how he takes that seriously.

I view Price as a lottery ticket at this point and that he might pay off big time this year or simply stay a back up and disappear.

Guess most of us were NOT blind to the fact that he outplayed Hopkins in the preseason, against better competition; that was precisely when it was announced that he would not be the starter and that Hopkins would.

It truly seems like injury has ****** up his career to this point; if only he can stay completely healthy, but he may never at this point, especially with how much better Hopkins played last season...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I view Price as a lottery ticket at this point and that he might pay off big time this year or simply stay a back up and disappear.

I agree.

To me Billy Price was the biggest disappointment on an entire team of dissappointments last year.

I don't judge players by their rookie seasons, and I really thought Prices struggles in 2018 were mostly due to recovering from and injury and not being able to lift over the offseason.  I 100% expected him to be a key to improving our O-line last year.  

But he looked bad last year.  So bad that I no longer have a lot of hope for him.  But he is still very young and he had some other injury issues in 2019.  If he comes in 100% healthy and plays like a first round pick he could be a life saver.  

I realize there is a big element of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Price being good in 2020, but I still think OG is the weakest positionon the team.  People don't want to admit it, but there is also a lot of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Su'a-Filo (a back up since being cut by the Titans in 2018 and signed for less than we paid Miller) and Michael Jordan (4th round pick who looked real bad last year).

I am not rooting "for" or "against" any of these guys.  I don't care which one(s) step up.  I just want someone to. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 10:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Maybe it's me, but I can't get through 3 minutes let alone 30 of some weird ass muppets trying to talk to a pro football player.

I've found it helps to just put the D&H video on a different tab (or turn phone over if using mobile) and just listen to the audio.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.

To me Billy Price was the biggest disappointment on an entire team of dissappointments last year.

I don't judge players by their rookie seasons, and I really thought Prices struggles in 2018 were mostly due to recovering from and injury andnot being able to lift over the offseason.  I 100% expected him to be a key to improving our O-line last year.  

But he looked bad last year.  So bad that I no longer have a lot of hope for him.  But he is still very young and he had some other injury issues in 2019.  If he comes in 100% healthy and plays like a first round pick he could be a life saver.  

I realize there is a bnig element of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Price being good in 2020, but I still think OG is the weakest positionon the team.  People don't want to admit it, but there is also a lot of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Su'a-Filo (a back up since being cut by the Titans in 2018 and signed for less than we paid Miller) and Michael Jordan (4th round pick who looked real bad last year).

I am not rooting "for" or "against" any of these guys.  I don't care which one(s) step up.  I just want someone to. 

Absolutely.

The Bengals have the following at OG:
- XSF: 7th year veteran who has been a backup for the past two seasons.
- Jordan: 2nd year player who was probably the worst or 2nd worst OL last year.
- Price: 3rd year player who has already been moved to backup after his rookie season of poor C play. He was even worse at G last year compared to C the year before.
- Adeniji: Rookie 6th round pick who has good length but is moving inside to G after playing 4 years outside at OT in college.

As you said, a lot of hope but not much proven success by any means.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.

I don't judge players by their rookie seasons, and I really thought Prices struggles in 2018 were mostly due to recovering from and injury and not being able to lift over the offseason.  I 100% expected him to be a key to improving our O-line last year.  

I realize there is a big element of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Price being good in 2020, but I still think OG is the weakest positionon the team.  People don't want to admit it, but there is also a lot of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Su'a-Filo (a back up since being cut by the Titans in 2018 and signed for less than we paid Miller) and Michael Jordan (4th round pick who looked real bad last year).

Agree with the realistic outlook on Price.  Like ShRacerX said it's a lottery ticket expectation.   Long odds, but the potential for a big payoff.   Injuries can totally destroy a player's performance, but after all the reading I've done the problems he exhibited so far were present in college.

We'll see.   If he panned out and beat out Su'a Filo I'd be psyched.   But as you say, if two of the guards step up, it doesn't matter which ones.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the puppets are okey, but the interview was pretty solid.  Billy explained a lot of his injury history and what they are doing to make sure he shows up to camp 100% healthy.  He mentioned the plantar fasciitis occurred two weeks before the start of last season.  I also like what he said about being a first round pick and how he takes that seriously.  

This gives me some hope for Price, injuries have definitely hurt him terribly bad.

(06-26-2020, 10:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guess most of us were NOT blind to the fact that he outplayed Hopkins in the preseason, against better competition; that was precisely when it was announced that he would not be the starter and that Hopkins would.

It truly seems like injury has ****** up his career to this point; if only he can stay completely healthy, but he may never at this point, especially with how much better Hopkins played last season...

Maybe Price could win out a Guard position cause I agree, at this point he isn't winning out the Center position unless Hop
goes down. Man, sure hope Price shows up and shows why he was a first round pick. He was a great run blocker at OSU.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Absolutely.

The Bengals have the following at OG:
- XSF: 7th year veteran who has been a backup for the past two seasons.
- Jordan: 2nd year player who was probably the worst or 2nd worst OL last year.
- Price: 3rd year player who has already been moved to backup after his rookie season of poor C play. He was even worse at G last year compared to C the year before.
- Adeniji: Rookie 6th round pick who has good length but is moving inside to G after playing 4 years outside at OT in college.

As you said, a lot of hope but not much proven success by any means.

Fred Johnson was a Guard with the Steelers before they cut him.

The Giants originally projected Bobby Hart at guard when they drafted him.

Anything could happen with this line.  In 2017 Andre Smith began training camp as our starting RG.  Last year Price at this time Price was our starting center.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fred Johnson was a Guard with the Steelers before they cut him.

Anything could happen with this line.  In 2017 Andre Smith started camp as our starting RG.  Last year Price at this time Price was our starting center.

I think it makes sense to try to push one of Bobby Hart or Fred Johnson to OG.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like the puppets.  It's as if they can't decide from moment to moment if they're supposed to be Italian or Romanian or just some mystery type of "foreign."  True men of mystery.  Genuine silly schtick in a format that can get kind of repetitive and dry.

Hopefully this is the year that the light comes on for Price.  Hearing about the timing of the injury from last year gives me more hope that he can hit the ground running and maybe lock down the RG position.  It sounds like his mentality is in the right place.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fred Johnson was a Guard with the Steelers before they cut him.

Anything could happen with this line.  In 2017 Andre Smith began training camp as our starting RG.  Last year Price at this time Price was our starting center.

I think so specific comments about XSF tells me he is the early leader, but it could change quickly.  He was kind of known as a "bad body" guy that had questionable conditioning coming out of college, but in fairness he was on a LDS mission and made it impossible to train the same way.

I think Price and even Adeniji have a solid chance to win the RG position if they come in to camp healthy and in good shape conditioning and strength-wise.  I don't know how much I could tell by a head shot, but Price looked a bit slimmer to me in the interview.  Not sure if that is good or bad as I want my RG to be a mauler.  

Price was viewed as the strongest lineman coming out in his draft class which seems ages ago already.  

If I had to bet, I am going to say XSF wins the job and Price is the first Center/Guard off the bench.  Ditto Hart at RT and Johnson as the first tackle off the bench.  
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Alex Redmond.  We are paying him over $2 million this year.

Maybe he will flourish under Turners new system.

*puts on mylar suit*
Reply/Quote
I heard that Billy Price is going to be amazing this year because all he was missing was confidence and Joe Burrow will give him that confidence.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Price to run away with the RG spot cause that solves a hole we won't have to worry about for the future. I just don't see it happening. He looked so awkward playing guard last year. I don't know if it has to do with him not playing the position since the 2016 season at OSU or if it's a technique issue. Maybe injuries really have screwed him over but even going back to watching some of his guard film in college he didn't look that impressive. He definitely looked better at C but that's Hopkins' spot. It really sucks Ragnow got stolen from us and the Bengals panicked. The smarter move would've been taking Isaiah Wynn or trading down a few spots for Will Hernandez.

I believe our only hope of a decent line is putting Fred Johnson at RG and signing a guy like Demar Dotson to play RT for a year. Or swapping XSF and MJ as MJ has slightly more experience playing RG. I will not bet money on Price being anything until I see it.
Reply/Quote