Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price passed his physical....
(08-02-2019, 07:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Price was fine in the regular season, you are thinking preseason with snaps

Dalton broke his thumb chasing down one of Prices bad snaps against the Browns. He had a few others during the season that I can recall that were high or low. For the most part he was ok but he did miss quite a few games so we’ll see what a whole season looks like.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Dalton broke his thumb chasing down one of Prices bad snaps against the Browns. He had a few others  during the season that I can recall that were high or low. For the most part he was ok but he did miss quite a few games so we’ll see what a whole season looks like.

Well, to be fair, Dalton also broke his thumb while chasing down a defensive lineman who intercepted one of his passes.  Maybe Andy's problem is that he just tries too hard?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A guy limps and we got this much drama? Who Dey!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Dalton broke his thumb chasing down one of Prices bad snaps against the Browns. He had a few others  during the season that I can recall that were high or low. For the most part he was ok but he did miss quite a few games so we’ll see what a whole season looks like.

Yeah, I seem to recall Price struggling with snaps a lot during the regular season as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, to be fair, Dalton also broke his thumb while chasing down a defensive lineman who intercepted one of his passes.  Maybe Andy's problem is that he just tries too hard?

Yea just leave out the interception part to spin a good yarn.

Everybody got on the bash Price bandwagon based on the one play very early in the season when he got his foot stepped on and fell backwards. I expect this season to be a lot different.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 09:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yea just leave out the interception part to spin a good yarn.

Everybody got on the bash Price bandwagon based on the one play very early in the season when he got his foot stepped on and fell backwards. I expect this season to be a lot different.

I agree.  He'll have his share of ups and downs, but settle into being a fine player.  This will come as a major upset to the crowd that is always looking for reasons to find fault with Bengal players.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 03:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: For the love of god I hope they don't rush him back and injure him again.

Dont watch his interview on bengals.com then. It will piss you off like it did me. 

A part of it went somerhing like.. Q: Is this how much time you expected to miss. A: No im actually back sooner than i expected.

They rushed him back
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 11:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dont watch his interview on bengals.com then. It will piss you off like it did me. 

A part of it went somerhing like.. Q: Is this how much time you expected to miss. A: No im actually back sooner than i expected.

They rushed him back

So you think they went against doctor's orders and sent him back out there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 11:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dont watch his interview on bengals.com then. It will piss you off like it did me. 

They rushed him back

So basically you just made up something in your head in order to get pissed off?

You need to take a step back, man.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 02:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Now that Price is back apparently Hopkins will be getting some consideration for the starting LG spot with Jerry and Westerman. John Jerry will be with the 1s today.

Hopkins has started 21 games or us over the last two seasons at two different positions.  He deserves a shot.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically you just made up something in your head in order to get pissed off?

You need to take a step back, man.

I wish that's what it was. 

https://www.bengals.com/video/price-it-s-like-christmas-morning-it-s-something-i-ve-been-waiting-for

Q:"Was this kind of the timeline you were expecting to be back?"

A:"Uhhh no, supposed to be a little bit longer. And again we have a great rehab staff with Nick Cosgray, Paul Sparring and the guys inside there so I gotta give a lot of credit to them for helping."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-regulars-to-play-in-k-c-jerry-back-at-lg-as-price-returns

Hobson is still saying "after sitting out the first few days of training camp with an unknown injury."

Meanwhile the NFL reports are saying plantar fasciitis.

He was fine for OTAs. Plantar fasciitis is something I thought usually took awhile. So if he picked it up between OTAs and now. It hasn't been very long. I have google so I am basically a doctor.  Whatever

Someone is being dishonest. I am going to go with the team who usually doesn't shoot us straight with injury info. 

We need to let the 300lber get his damn feet under him. I don't doubt for a second someone saw him limping around yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 12:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wish that's what it was. 

https://www.bengals.com/video/price-it-s-like-christmas-morning-it-s-something-i-ve-been-waiting-for

A:"Uhhh no, supposed to be a little bit longer. And again we have a great rehab staff with Nick Cosgray, Paul Sparring and the guys inside there so I gotta give a lot of credit to them for helping."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-regulars-to-play-in-k-c-jerry-back-at-lg-as-price-returns

Hobson is still saying "after sitting out the first few days of training camp with an unknown injury."

He was fine for OTAs. Plantar fasciitis is something I thought usually took awhile. So if he picked it up between OTAs and now. It hasn't been very long. I have google so I am basically a doctor.  Whatever

Someone is being dishonest. I am going to go with the team who usually doesn't shoot us straight with injury info. 

We need to let the 300lber get his damn feet under him. I don't doubt for a second someone saw him limping around yesterday. 

I just read that quote as "they told me I'd out longer but I beat the projection". I think you're being a little pessimistic here, but I'll grant you that it's not like the organization hasn't given you the right to be over the years.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 12:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wish that's what it was. 

The bolded part--as dumb as anything I've ever read on this message board, and that is really saying something.  Who needs eight years of schooling to be  doctor?  Not me, I gots Google.  That also makes me a carpenter, a mechanic, a scientist, an engineer, a pilot, a chef, a scholar, a lawyer, you name it.  

"I wasn't there.  I haven't seen the player.  I am admittedly not a doctor (and Google most certainly does NOT count), but I'm still gonna call the experts and the coaches liars for no reason at all.  How goofy am I?  My bad, what I meant to say was, how googly am I?"
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:33 PM)McC Wrote: The bolded part--as dumb as anything I've ever read on this message board, and that is really saying something.  Who needs eight years of schooling to be  doctor?  Not me, I gots Google.  That also makes me a carpenter, a mechanic, a scientist, an engineer, a pilot, a chef, a scholar, a lawyer, you name it.  

"I wasn't there.  I haven't seen the player.  I am admittedly not a doctor (and Google most certainly does NOT count), but I'm still gonna call the experts and the coaches liars for no reason at all.  How goofy am I?  My bad, what I meant to say was, how googly am I?"

Settle down champ. It was obviously a joke. I even went back and edited to add the little smiley face because I figured it would still get over some people's heads. Apparently even that didn't make it obvious enough for some. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Settle down champ. It was obviously a joke. I even went back and edited to add the little smiley face because I figured it would still get over some people's heads. Apparently even that didn't make it obvious enough for some. 

Yeah right.  Don't trip over anything backing off what you obviously said and meant to say.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, to be fair, Dalton also broke his thumb while chasing down a defensive lineman who intercepted one of his passes.  Maybe Andy's problem is that he just tries too hard?

I have never seen anyone go after someone for trying too hard (not saying you), but this is the Bengal's forum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 09:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yea just leave out the interception part to spin a good yarn.

I mean, not really. Just because the interception is on his stat record, doesn't mean it's always his fault. The one in Pittsburgh was his fault, but a lot went wrong on that play to begin with. That, and it was an absolutely fantastic defensive play. I'm not going to ever knock on Andy for attempting to save a touchdown by tackling. One, he isn't paid to tackle. Two, he doesn't train. 

As for Billy. The first play from scrimmage (I believe it was) against the Colts, was entirely on Billy that resulted in a pick six. The same with the Browns game. Sure, Billy didn't stand on Dalton's hand and try to break fingers, but the snap was horrific. Simple as that.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never seen anyone go after someone for trying too hard (not saying you), but this is the Bengal's forum.

Right. I don't understand that. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 03:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why is it depressing?

If he's the best choice and wins the job, what's wrong with that?

A lot.  It will mean that 3/4 of our starting offensive line will be manned by retread bums.  Hart is a bum that got let loose for quitting on his team. He showed us why he was let go over the course of a full season last year.  Miller was a bum that got benched on a bad line in Buffalo.  

Jerry may be the worst example.  Literally every team decided that there was zero room on their roster for him in 2018.  This means that if you look at the league's worst o-lineman, ie the most replacement level guys in the NFL, all of them were deemed more worthy than John Jerry of a roster spot, much less a staring job on the depth chart.  Even John Jerry himself said that he thought his career was over.  

If that's the guy that's our starting left guard, then we're in bad shape.

With any luck, Jerry was correct and he played his last meaningful NFL game over a year ago.  
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Settle down champ. It was obviously a joke. I even went back and edited to add the little smiley face because I figured it would still get over some people's heads. Apparently even that didn't make it obvious enough for some. 

I still don't get it.

What makes you think they rushed him back too soon?  Seems like no matter what happens you squeal.

Player comes back later than expected.  "Waa!  Waa!  Bengals are liars.  They knew he would be out longer."

Player come back sooner than expected.  "Waa!  Waa! Bengals are liars.  They know he is not ready to come back yet."
Reply/Quote