Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price practicing
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1055146385887125510?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1055146385887125510&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2018%2F10%2F24%2F18019206%2Fbengals-ol-billy-price-returns-to-practice

"Role call at #Bengals practice. Out: Ross, Dennard, Bernard, Burfict, Vigil, Hart, Fisher, Kroft. Good news: Billy Price is back."
Reply/Quote
Great news, still thinking moving Price to RG and replacing Redmond might save our season.
Reply/Quote
The only problem with moving Price is that Hopkins while he started out okay has over time shown he is overmatched at Center. In both of the last two games he got consistently blown back off the point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 05:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only problem with moving Price is that Hopkins while he started out okay has over time shown he is overmatched at Center. In both of the last two games he got consistently blown back off the point.

True, maybe we can trade for Gabe Jackson or Chance Warmack instead.

Maybe even bring back Andre, think he would still be better than Hart.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 04:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: "Role call at #Bengals practice. Out: Ross, Dennard, Bernard, Burfict, Vigil, Hart, Fisher, Kroft. Good news: Billy Price is back."

Hart and Fisher both out?

Time for the return of the Ogboogie Man.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, maybe we can trade for Gabe Jackson or Chance Warmack instead.

Maybe even bring back Andre, think he would still be better than Hart.

Trading for Gabe Jackson would make too much sense (unless the Raiders wanted way to much). It would cost at least a 2nd rounder plus another pick. Still, the Bengals would be getting a very good Guard that is only 26 with a cap hit of only $7m next year and $9m the year after. 
Reply/Quote
Doubt he plays against Tampa Bay. Would be foolish. Keep him practicing and use the bye week to get him healthy for the stretch run.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 05:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only problem with moving Price is that Hopkins while he started out okay has over time shown he is overmatched at Center. In both of the last two games he got consistently blown back off the point.

I think Price at RG would help Hopkins.  I honestly think Hopkins is a better Center than a guard.  With that said, I don't think coaches will switch Price because of his leadership and experience thus far in the NFL has been at Center.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Finally and it is great to get some good news for a change lately.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hart and Fisher both out?

Price to RT.  Please.  Not kidding.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 07:23 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Doubt he plays against Tampa Bay. Would be foolish. Keep him practicing and use the bye week to get him healthy for the stretch run.

Billy Price is okay,never been injured in all of college and as soon as he comes here he is out for 6 weeks,go figure,and to me he is okay,but not great yet,time will tell and yes he gets pushed back a lot into the qb as he struggles against big strong dudes or super quick guys.Maybe by years end he will be better,the nfl is not college football and he is just learning that.I like him ,however he has to man up and be even better that he was in college.I think he will,but not this year.He is still on the learning curve.We shall see. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Hopkins isn't really starting material anywhere, but he seems best at C.

Personally, I put Westerman at RG and give Price back his C job. But I'm a Westerman homer, so...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hart and Fisher both out?

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

How much of that is due to poor play at right guard?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 06:50 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Trading for Gabe Jackson would make too much sense (unless the Raiders wanted way to much). It would cost at least a 2nd rounder plus another pick. Still, the Bengals would be getting a very good Guard that is only 26 with a cap hit of only $7m next year and $9m the year after. 

I heard a 4th round pick but that does sound really cheap, could be right. I would still do it. Proven.

(10-25-2018, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Made me lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How much of that is due to poor play at right guard?

Probably a lot.
Reply/Quote
Hope they don't rush Price back with the bye week coming up. He's gotta be full-go the second half of the season as the OL is being held together with duct tape at this point. Also, put me down as Team Westerman. Can't be any worse than Redmond and would rather keep Price at Center.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure I read the plan was for Price to return after the bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 05:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm pretty sure I read the plan was for Price to return after the bye.

Want him 100% anyways for the run. I think we can survive without him against the Bucs, i hope.
Reply/Quote
Friday Coach Lewis said Price could play Sunday against Tampa.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote