Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price traded-sorry jumped the gun

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:32 PM)pally Wrote:

Apparently John was proposing a trade not confirming one.  Cowboys C Travis Frederick retired today

Reply/Quote
seems the suggestion is a media consensus

Reply/Quote
The fastest reviser ever Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
That's a dumb trade anyway. Trading Price still costs us 3.3 million in cap space and doesn't take any money off the books.

We lose depth on the inside (albeit, likely bad depth) and won't see any benefit until next off season (conditional pick implies it is based on his 2020 performance)

I'd rather we keep Price and see if he does anything in his third year than trade him for 2021 peanuts. If we're going to trade him, it needs to be in the 2020 draft and needs to be higher than a 6th round pick, to compensate for the cost of his contract.

That likely won't be offered, so we have no reason to trade him (or cut him).
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's a dumb trade anyway. Trading Price still costs us 3.3 million in cap space and doesn't take any money off the books.

We lose depth on the inside (albeit, likely bad depth) and won't see any benefit until next off season (conditional pick implies it is based on his 2020 performance)

I'd rather we keep Price and see if he does anything in his third year than trade him for 2021 peanuts. If we're going to trade him, it needs to be in the 2020 draft and needs to be higher than a 6th round pick, to compensate for the cost of his contract.

Agreed on all fronts; IG showed him working out with other Olineman from around the league and someone remarked that this is his first offseason that he actually CAN work out, since he's been injured the last 2.

Especially if he's in competition for a starting spot come OTAs and TC, if he stays healthy from now until then, he truly will have no excuse if he can't win out a job; would mean he just can't cut it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The fastest reviser ever Wink

when I mess up I admit it

Reply/Quote
Wow, what a shocker this is!
We are one of the only teams who drafted a Center in the 1st round and could make him expendable.
The excuse is very simple when talking to the Joneses! He was hurt last year, Hopkins stepped in and did such a great job, they stayed with him.
If Price is fully healthy and can workout with no problems, and pass a physical, they could reap a 3rd/4th round pick for him.
Or, do a player for player trade?
Any worthy LBers Dallas could parlay our way??? :)
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's a dumb trade anyway. Trading Price still costs us 3.3 million in cap space and doesn't take any money off the books.

Well said.

(03-23-2020, 07:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed on all fronts; IG showed him working out with other Olineman from around the league and someone remarked that this is his first offseason that he actually CAN work out, since he's been injured the last 2.

Especially if he's in competition for a starting spot come OTAs and TC, if he stays healthy from now until then, he truly will have no excuse if he can't win out a job; would mean he just can't cut it.

Sure would like to see him win out one of the Guard jobs and do well. Injuries can stun any player I just cannot believe I was
so wrong about Price. Thought he could be a great Center, we will see if it has all to do with the injuries and the short arms or 
not. Loved Price's upside, just have seen next to nothing good from him so far. Worse than John Ross.
Reply/Quote
Dallas ain’t going after an unproven Price. Mike Brown don’t own the Cowboys. They would try their chances in the draft before risking anything on Billy.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dallas ain’t going after an unproven Price. Mike Brown don’t own the Cowboys. They would try their chances in the draft before risking anything on Billy.

Jerry Jones is Mike Brown with a bigger pocketbook.  Both make really bad personnel decisions.

Reply/Quote
I've been surprised how terrible Price has looked. He seems like a high character guy with a good work ethic. Time will tell if injuries are what kept him back in his first two seasons, or if he just doesn't have what it takes. I agree that it's pointless to trade or release him at this point. Let's see what he can bring to the table at guard or center this year and re-evaluate next off-season.
Reply/Quote
Why is this even a thread?????
Reply/Quote
I loathe Price is wrong but even I wouldn’t do this trade.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed on all fronts; IG showed him working out with other Olineman from around the league and someone remarked that this is his first offseason that he actually CAN work out, since he's been injured the last 2.

Yep. it's time to crap or get off the pot for him.
Reply/Quote
Absolute dumpsterfire of a selection. I was scratching my head when he was picked because when I looked at his tape I was never impressed. Huge reach.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 10:23 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Absolute dumpsterfire of a selection. I was scratching my head when he was picked because when I looked at his tape I was never impressed. Huge reach.

Huge reach is a bit much. He was projected as a late 1st rounder, and we took him at 21.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huge reach is a bit much. He was projected as a late 1st rounder, and we took him at 21.

And we needed a Center terribly bad, no one could see him playing this bad after his tape IMO.

I watched Price just doze D-lineman at OSU and he is very smart. Thought he could be a very good Center or Guard in the NFL.

Just goes to show you that players never end up like you think they would.

Still hoping he can turn it around.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 11:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And we needed a Center terribly bad, no one could see him playing this bad after his tape IMO.

I watched Price just doze D-lineman at OSU and he is very smart. Thought he could be a very good Center or Guard in the NFL.

Just goes to show you that players never end up like you think they would.

Still hoping he can turn it around.

Yeah, me too.  However, it ain't lookin' good for him at this point.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:15 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Why is this even a thread?????

why wouldn't this be a thread???

Paul Dehner covers the Bengals and even he threw out the notion.
And, supposedly Price has already been a player the Bengals have been trying to shop.
So, this may seem like a perfect scenerio for that.
He's not the starter at Center; and, we can all see that he's best suited at Center as opposed to either Guard position.
The Bengals are looking for draft picks so here's an opportunity.
Reply/Quote