Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price under contract
With the rookie wage scale it is not a surprise that there was no fussing, but it is still always nice to be able to cross this technicality off the list. Its 4 years + the standard 5th year option.

The signing leaves only Sam Hubbard and Malik Jefferson left to sign which should happen any day now.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:20 PM)pally Wrote: With the rookie wage scale it is not a surprise that there was no fussing, but it is still always nice to be able to cross this technicality off the list.  Its 4 years + the standard 5th year option.  

The signing leaves only Sam Hubbard and Malik Jefferson left to sign which should happen any day now.

Awesome, finally have our stud Center and for multiple years. Rock On

I really like the rookie wage scale, one change that i liked while Goodell has been around.

Couldn't stand it when first round picks would hold out right up the the start of the season.
Reply/Quote
Yep, glad we don't have another Andre Smith scenario where it seemed like forever before he signed.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, finally have our stud Center and for multiple years. Rock On

I really like the rookie wage scale, one change that i liked while Goodell has been around.

Couldn't stand it when first round picks would hold out right up the the start of the season.

According to what I was reading, Hubbard and Jefferson are the only draft picks yet to sign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nice only 2 to Go both the 3rd rounders... even for a while with the CBA rookie agreement the bengals waited till later... Getting them done early is a nice thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to what I was reading, Hubbard and Jefferson are the only draft picks yet to sign.

Yes sir. Shouldn't be long till we have both of them on board as well.

Hubbard so far has been impressive from what i see and hear. Happy we started drafting Buckeyes.

For some reason we seemed to avoid them in the past which i don't understand.

They have put out some very good to great NFL players recently.
Reply/Quote
Great news 2 more to go.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:20 PM)pally Wrote: With the rookie wage scale it is not a surprise that there was no fussing, but it is still always nice to be able to cross this technicality off the list.  Its 4 years + the standard 5th year option.  

(05-21-2018, 03:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice only 2 to Go  both the 3rd rounders...  even for a while with the CBA rookie agreement the bengals waited till later...  Getting them done early is a nice thing.

Yep, more indications that Mikey boy Brown's role has diminished significantly.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. Shouldn't be long till we have both of them on board as well.

Hubbard so far has been impressive from what i see and hear. Happy we started drafting Buckeyes.

For some reason we seemed to avoid them in the past which i don't understand.

They have put out some very good to great NFL players recently.

This is another reason I believe Mikey boy Brown has been moved to the sidelines when it comes to front office decision making.

The Bengals have passed on some really good Buckeye players over the past 10 years. Now granted some Buckeyes have been drafted higher than the Bengals picked in the 1st round and the team had no shot at those guys, but team seemed to just ignore some really good players.

Reply/Quote

Good to hear.  I know it means very little but I never want the Bengals to be anywhere near the last team to sign the first rounder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, finally have our stud Center and for multiple years. Rock On

I did not like we paid our 1st pick as much or more than any player on our team and they had yet to play 1 NFL down

I agree, love the rookie wage scale
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great ! Here's to hoping he signs another contract or two here.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey! Welcome to the Jungle Billy.
Reply/Quote
I love the rookie wage scale. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Like luvnit said, it was so stupid when top picks in the first round were the highest paid players on the team without taking a snap.

I realize that players want the most that they can get, but I don't get why the NFLPA didn't try to get a rookie wage scale earlier because higher rookie salaries means lower salaries for vets.

Anyways, I love that we're keeping Price in-state and I think that he does amazing things in helping us solidify our offensive line.  

Also, as an OSU homer, I'm PUMPED to meet him at training camp!
Reply/Quote
Can you believe his gramps made him cut the grass? CHILD ABUSE! LOL
Only Hobson could make something so benign sound like an epic life lesson only first round picks ever have to endure. I was cutting grass by the time I was old enough to push the mower.. To make things worse his grampa had a JOB!  Dontcha just love reading tragic tales of football players family members having ordinary lives and yet written to sound as if everyday stuff is the stuff of legend? Often it is, but only Hobson tries to make it seem extreme.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is great news. The rookie pay scale is a plus.

Reply/Quote
I kind of miss the pre CBaA days, only because it gave us something to talk about lol.
Reply/Quote
Good news
Reply/Quote