Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price-update
Price remains in the boot for at least 2 more weeks. This puts him out for the Dolphins and Steelers. Likely, out for at least the Chiefs as well. Based on that I would be surprised if we see him before the bye week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Based on this medical staff, and the fact that they already misdiagnosed him once, he's probably out for the year.

Should have IR'd him (to return) and used his roster spot. Anyone know how that works? If we IR him now will the prior 2 weeks count?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
With Hopkins playing pretty well thankfully Price can take his time and not rush back too soon.

Reply/Quote
Dang, was hoping it could make it back vs Steelers. But Hopkins is playing well, so it's not the biggest issue.
Reply/Quote
Is Hopkins playing well or is he just playing better than Bodine? It's hard to say If playing better than Bodine constitutes "well".

I remember this debate when Cook took over for Guycheck.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Based on this medical staff, and the fact that they already misdiagnosed him once, he's probably out for the year.

Should have IR'd him (to return) and used his roster spot. Anyone know how that works? If we IR him now will the prior 2 weeks count?

No it's not retroactive. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is Hopkins playing well or is he just playing better than Bodine?

I remember this debate when Cook took over for Guycheck.

He’s been fine. Him and Boling have been our best olinemen, imo.

Reply/Quote
If Hopkins is playing well can we leave him at center and move Price?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Hopkins is playing well can we leave him at center and move Price?

I would say it's worth consideration when he gets back.
Reply/Quote
And with that we have another first rounder made of glass. And yes glass - how well you play is irrelevant if you don't play.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Hopkins is playing well can we leave him at center and move Price?

That's not a bad idea!  Somebody call Pollack!  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: And with that we have another first rounder made of glass.  And yes glass - how well you play is irrelevant if you don't play.

This whole made of glass thing is one of the dumbest arguments to ever come down the pike.  And even more so when it comes to OLinemen.  Saying it means having no understanding of what goes on in every single play that's ever run in the NFL, especially in the trenches.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: And with that we have another first rounder made of glass.  And yes glass - how well you play is irrelevant if you don't play.

He has a sprained ankle, and he's "made of glass"?   Mellow
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Part of the test of being a worthwhile NFL player is you play - and minor things do NOT keep you off the field. A sprain should already be fully healed. So far we have gotten five quarters of play (out of 16) out of our first round pick. Unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
Nothing to really do about it. Hopkins has been perfectly fine, so it's not like we've really needed to stress about this yet. Get the guy healthy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

It's worth consideration I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Part of the test of being a worthwhile NFL player is you play - and minor things do NOT keep you off the field. A sprain should already be fully healed. So far we have gotten five quarters of play (out of 16) out of our first round pick. Unacceptable.

Have you ever had a sprained ankle? Lmao. There are varying degrees of severity of a sprained ankle. 

I just sprained mine a month ago, and just got off crutches last week. I couldn't walk on it.

The tough guy attitude is ridiculous. Clearly our medical team will know enough about when his sprained ankle is good enough to play as an effective offensive lineman.. which, by the way, is a position where players will constantly roll up onto you. Your foot can easily get caught, and then turned at the complete mercy of wherever someone else's body sends it. That's freaky stuff, and a sprained ankle that isn't fully healed will definitely not go the way you want it to.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that we're holding steady with what we have out there. No need to rush Price back, before he's completely healed up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Part of the test of being a worthwhile NFL player is you play - and minor things do NOT keep you off the field. A sprain should already be fully healed. So far we have gotten five quarters of play (out of 16) out of our first round pick. Unacceptable.

Entitlement. You have it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Obviously you've never had a "severely" sprained ankle.  I have and was on crutches for 2 weeks, absolutely impossible to put any weight on it.  Then after I could it took another couple of months to get back full range of motion - not to mention the mental aspect of rolling it again while playing.

We're not talking about a basketball sprained ankle where you limp off, tape it up and come back and play. 

Additionally, I read somewhere where they initially thought it might be one of those foot fractures that puts people on the shelf for a year.  There is also a little bone between the foot and the ankle called the talor dome, he could've fracture that also and we're not getting the full story.  It is the Bengals training staff so anything is possible (as history shows).
Reply/Quote