Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price
Already doing drills at rookie minicamp... Bodes well for him being healthy earlier that expected. Looks good too.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Already doing drills at rookie minicamp... Bodes well for him being healthy earlier that expected. Looks good too.

Awesome man, reps. ThumbsUp You seeing this on bengals.com?
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't think that a minor torn pec like he had would make him miss very long. I had a very similar injury from doing the same thing and after 3 months I felt 100%.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome man, reps. ThumbsUp You seeing this on bengals.com?

No, Dan hoard tweeted it.. also tweeted that Hubbard looked like the class of the dline
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No, Dan hoard tweeted it.. also tweeted that Hubbard looked like the class of the dline

Sweet, i like the Hoard.
Reply/Quote
I might be underrating him here, but the way he looks in this drill has me screaming ProBowl already!

Joking, but I do like how mobile and agile he looked in those small movements!

He has me excited about his potential and making our interior offensive line a strength!
Reply/Quote
All Price has to do is not get pushed back into Dalton on every play and he's already an improvement over Bodine. If he actually plays well, man, that would be phenomenal.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: All Price has to do is not get pushed back into Dalton on every play and he's already an improvement over Bodine. If he actually plays well, man, that would be phenomenal.

I think our interior Oline just might be great this year. Dalton with space to step up in the pocket, and our coordinators might be able to call runs up the middle again, instead of only off-tackle stuff.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 01:36 PM)treee Wrote: I think our interior Oline just might be great this year. Dalton with space to step up in the pocket, and our coordinators might be able to call runs up the middle again, instead of only off-tackle stuff.

Barring injuries this has to be the most excited i have been about the team in years. Dalton, Mixon, Green all
could have banner years once the O-line starts to gel. Seeing Price already doing drills and looking good takes
my only reason for wanting Ragnow over him away pretty much.

Just wanted our Center to be ready to go right away so he had chemistry by the time the season rolled around.

Looks like this might happen with Price even with the injury. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 01:36 PM)treee Wrote: I think our interior Oline just might be great this year. Dalton with space to step up in the pocket, and our coordinators might be able to call runs up the middle again, instead of only off-tackle stuff.

I really hope the O-line takes a giant step forward this season mainly because I want to see my team win. But also I want to see what the difference is in Andy's game if it indeed the line improves a lot.

And how the Andy hating army will explain it away ?

Great to see Price on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 11:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I really hope the O-line takes a giant step forward this season mainly because I want to see my team win. But also I want to see what the difference is in Andy's game if it indeed the line improves a lot.

And how the Andy hating army will explain it away ?

Great to see Price on the field.

Easy. They'll say he needs an "amazing" cast to succeed. You already know Dalton is getting zero credit. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 12:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Easy. They'll say he needs an "amazing" cast to succeed. You already know Dalton is getting zero credit. 

It's hilarious because you're absolutely right.  

A few seasons ago, pre-injury, he was having an MVP season.............  I'm not expecting that great of a year, but, with a line that can protect, Mixon to keep the defenses honest, and Lazor sounding like he knows what he's doing, I believe that Dalton could have a very big year.
Reply/Quote
If Price works out, Andy may collapse from the shock at for the first time in his career having a pocket to step into :)
Reply/Quote
I'm stoked about the Price pick. It's been far too long since we've had a center prospect to be excited about. We haven't had a great one here since ole Richy Braham. Kyle Cook was serviceable, but Gutsuck and Bovine both sucked. From everything I've read about the guy, I'd say he should pan out to be a good / great one. He certainly looks the part, I sure hope this new Oline scheme fits his strengths and he soaks up the coaching. We NEED him to be good, to keep Andy clean, open holes for Mixon / Gio, and be the lynchpin this Oline has needed since Whit left.
Reply/Quote
That's great to hear.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Gotta think about 12 years from now, a lot of people going to be happy with this pick. Won't dominate; but won't be getting thrown backwards into Dalton either.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 04:18 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote:  Won't dominate

I wouldn't bet your house on that....
Reply/Quote
actually i'm a little worried he is trying to do too much too fast, if he overworks himself he can easily re-injure that pectoral. I'm glad he wants to be out there and wants to get to work but it's a slippery slope
Reply/Quote
Poor Billy Price, I almost feel sorry for him. For years now, most of us here have been clamoring for better, make that 'much better' from our offense. And rightfully so, as the front office seemed to draft anyone and everyone except for high quality linemen. Then along came Price, Ragnow (my early favorite, and Daniels.) Now that we have Price, we're like blind dogs in a meat shop and the guy has yet to take a snap during a game. We seem to have him hovering above the water, not just walking on it.

Here's where it might be tricky for some. While all signs indicate he will be the anchor we need, we need to keep in mind that he is but one human being on a line that still has a couple of spots to identify, with developing chemistry following that. This will take time, well into the season more than likely, for the entire line to operate as 'one'. When that day arrives, it will be the most glorious of days. Just remember the huge task Lazor and all position coaches have in front of them. Patience through this process will be needed as we watch it all get sorted out. It's a deep hole, no doubt. But if our new staff and players, led by the likes of Billy Price, connect like we are imagining, this could be one of the most enjoyable seasons for a Bengals fan ever, regardless of the outcome.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 08:50 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: actually i'm a little worried he is trying to do too much too fast, if he overworks himself he can easily re-injure that pectoral. I'm glad he wants to be out there and wants to get to work but it's a slippery slope

Relax, he's not being treated by the Bengals medical staff.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote