Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price amazing read
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2745503-mr-ohio-state-senior-billy-price-is-the-embodiment-of-buckeye-state-mentality

Our first round pick in a trade down.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 07:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2745503-mr-ohio-state-senior-billy-price-is-the-embodiment-of-buckeye-state-mentality

Nope.  If we are drafting in the top 5-8, you stay put and take the best player on the board.

We can easily move up into the 20's for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:12 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nope.  If we are drafting in the top 5-8, you stay put and take the best player on the board.

We can easily move up into the 20's for him.

This on the assumption we're drafting 11-15. If derwin James and minkah Fitzpatrick are off the board....
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 07:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2745503-mr-ohio-state-senior-billy-price-is-the-embodiment-of-buckeye-state-mentality

If I'm a betting man, I'm not ever putting money down on the Bengals drafting a C in the top 20 as long as Mike Brown is the owner. So if it's a trade down, it would have to be a pretty far trade down. I'd be more willing to bet it's OT, skill position player, or DB.

With that said, if the Bengals can pull off such a trade and take a C in the first round, I'd be a happy camper.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We could trade down to about 20 and still be able to get him, but alas that will never happen because Mike Brown doesn't value interior lineman in the first round. The tackle talent isn't that deep this year so beefing up our interior should be a priority.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Mike takes his head out of his ass and lets us take Price to at least solidify the center position.

He's a hell of a guy, smart, hard worker, and a great competitor and center.

He's from Ohio and sounds like the kind of guy that would fit in here in Cincinnati and would rather be here than a big city somewhere.

The Big 10 is basically the college version of the AFCN in terms of style of play and conditions, making him an even more perfect fit.

Bring him in!
Reply/Quote
There is no guarantee that Price will be available in a trade down.

If he ends up the number one center, the draft history is unpredictable. Ryan Kelly went 18th. Cameron Irving went 19th. Maurkice Pouncey went 15th. Not everyone is drafted like a Travis Frederick, who went 31st. I would hate to see us play games, if we deem him a first rounder, and make a gamble he'll be available later.

There are some recent centers that did go later. Pocic went 58th. Richburg went 43rd. And Kontz went 55th.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: There is no guarantee that Price will be available in a trade down.  

If he ends up the number one center, the draft history is unpredictable.  Ryan Kelly went 18th.  Cameron Irving went 19th.  Maurkice Pouncey went 15th.  Not everyone is drafted like a Travis Frederick, who went 31st.  I would hate to see us play games, if we deem him a first rounder, and make a gamble he'll be available later.  

There are some recent centers that did go later.  Pocic went 58th.  Richburg went 43rd.  And Kontz went 55th.
Just aassumed ppl didn't want to draft price in top 10. Even though he's worthy.
Reply/Quote
This is insane

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
99 percent pass block effeciency.
Reply/Quote
We need to trade up in drafts not down. We don't need tons of picks we need star players to fill needs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: We need to trade up in drafts not down.  We don't need tons of picks we need star players to fill needs.

He is a star player though.
Reply/Quote
Would love to grab Price in second round, but don't think he'll be there. Minnesota fans already wanting Vikings to take him at bottom of first round to reunite him with Pat Elflein.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 04:19 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Would love to grab Price in second round, but don't think he'll be there. Minnesota fans already wanting Vikings to take him at bottom of first round to reunite him with Pat Elflein.

I don't think he's a first round guard. He's a second round guard first round center. Think will hernandez would go first if u need a guard.
Reply/Quote

You lost me at Bleacher Report.......garbage media
Reply/Quote

I see Price mocked ALOT to Tenn at # 21 ....
I now see the Bengals picked the #6th ranked guy on the BIG board..
Safety Derwin James Fla st.
6' 3" 211 lbs & super fast freak of nature...
can do everything in the backfield.....
it makes sense....

no reaching down for an O-line player
you may want a trade down but trade downs are very, very, very rare....I wouldn't expect it....
but I do see an OT in rd #2
b/c it's not a reach down scenario....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He is a star player though.

I also am not a big fan of trade downs.....
and we who follow the bengals know the Bengals rarely trade up or down.....
I still think we should of picked DeCastro in rd 1 a few years ago & not traded down for Zeitler...
I want Quality starters who might make the pro bowl....not several guys who are just "ok"....

Price will have a great career at Tenn....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 08:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just aassumed ppl didn't want to draft price in top 10. Even though he's worthy.

if Price was picked in the top 10 everyone would ridicule that war room... Hilarious

he's been mocked at 21 for a long time going to Tenn....perfect fit...makes sense....
teams picking befor that have other bigger needs....
no one wants to reach down....
not logical...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm hoping Mike takes his head out of his ass and lets us take Price to at least solidify the center position.

He's a hell of a guy, smart, hard worker, and a great competitor and center.

He's from Ohio and sounds like the kind of guy that would fit in here in Cincinnati and would rather be here than a big city somewhere.

The Big 10 is basically the college version of the AFCN in terms of style of play and conditions, making him an even more perfect fit.

Bring him in!

on the BIG board Price is ranked # 24
we will probably pick at # 10
seems now the Bengals will pick the # 6th ranked guy...
Safety Derwin James....fla st.
6' 3" 211 lbs super fast freak....
he can do everything in the backfield.....our safety position dropped off big time after Reggie Nelson left....James has pro bowl potential....that's why he's ranked # 6
no reaching down....w/ this James pick we will score a +4
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 01:58 AM)Steve Wrote: on the BIG board Price is ranked # 24
we will probably pick at # 10
seems now the Bengals will pick the # 6th ranked guy...
Safety Derwin James....fla st.
6' 3" 211 lbs super fast freak....
he can do everything in the backfield.....our safety position dropped off big time after Reggie Nelson left....James has pro bowl potential....that's why he's ranked # 6
no reaching down....w/ this James pick we will score a +4

A whole lot of months left the draft.....nothing is written in stone.....James has a problem staying healthy and I've read here lately where some seem to think he will fall to the middle or late 1st round.....so your method would not work then....
Reply/Quote