Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price amazing read
(12-29-2017, 01:46 AM)Steve Wrote: I also am not a big fan of trade downs.....
and we who follow the bengals know the Bengals rarely trade up or down.....
I still think we should of picked DeCastro in rd 1 a few years ago & not traded down for Zeitler...
I want Quality starters who might make the pro bowl....not several guys who are just "ok"....

Price will have a great career at Tenn....
Generally we don't trade down but we tried/did trade 4 times last draft. And I think price is the best lineman in the draft. Get a running game going for once.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 08:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Generally we don't trade down but we tried/did trade 4 times last draft. And I think price is the best lineman in the draft. Get a running game going for once.

Nelson is ranked in the top 10....
& should go to the 49-ers or the Bengals....

price is ranked as the 24th best player....
& should go to Tenn at 21 or at worst the jags around pick 29

seems that should end this who's the best O-lineman debate....
Reply/Quote
Price stinks.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:58 PM)Steve Wrote: Nelson is ranked in the top 10....

Doesn't matter where a player is drafted or where a player is ranked to be drafted it's how they show up on Sundays. I'm leaning toward Ragnow being the best Center in the class and with a decent chance of being the best lineman drafted.

How many Defensive linemen were drafted ahead of JJ Watt? I think of at least 2 off the top of my head. (Dareus, Smith)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
you guys are forgetting that this idiotic organization doesn't think our Oline needs anything. Just ask them, they will tell you.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:58 PM)Steve Wrote: Nelson is ranked in the top 10....

Once again ur bringing rankings in to it.... Where was Brady ranked? Jamarcus Russel? Russell Wilson? Rankings mean didly squat. Watch with ur own eyes. It's really not that hard.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Once again ur bringing rankings in to it.... Where was Brady ranked? Jamarcus Russel? Russell Wilson? Rankings mean didly squat. Watch with ur own eyes. It's really not that hard.

Really?

Let's take a look at your Mason Rudolph thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mason-Rudolph

Your QB1. Best QB in the draft. According to you, the Bengals can get him in the 5th, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st based upon other's rankings.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 09:15 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?

Let's take a look at your Mason Rudolph thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mason-Rudolph

Your QB1. Best QB in the draft. According to you, the Bengals can get him in the 5th, 3rd, 2nd, or 1st based upon other's get ur facts straight. Saying we can get someone in a certain round is completely different than saying that someone is better than someone else just bc they're ranked higher. I would gladly take Rudolph in the first but he's looked at as a 2nd-3rd rounder right now. 2 completely different things than saying Nelson better just bc he's ranked higher.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 09:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: get ur facts straight. Saying we can get someone in a certain round is completely different than saying that someone is better than someone else just bc they're ranked higher. I would gladly take Rudolph in the first but he's looked at as a 2nd-3rd rounder right now. 2 completely different things than saying Nelson better just bc he's ranked higher.

LOL

And why would he be available in the 5th round according to your mock draft based upon other's ratings?

Because they are saying every QB rated above him is better because that's how rankings work. If a player is ranked higher it is because the rater believes that player is better than the players lower on the list. If a player is ranked lower it is because the rater believes that player isn't as good as the players ranked above him. That's the entire premise of how player rankings work.

Also, you listed Tom Brady, Jamarcus Russell, and Russell Wilson as three examples as to why rankings mean didley squat while simultaneously claiming "it's really not that hard" to rank players. Well, if it's really not that hard, why were your three examples all wrong? If all the rankings are wrong and don't mean didley squat because they are so inaccurate that would mean it really ISN'T that easy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 08:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LOL

And why would he be available in the 5th round according to your mock draft based upon other's ratings?

Because they are saying every QB rated above him is better because that's how rankings work. If a player is ranked higher it is because the rater believes that player is better than the players lower on the list. If a player is ranked lower it is because the rater believes that player isn't as good as the players ranked above him. That's the entire premise of how player rankings work.

Also, you listed Tom Brady, Jamarcus Russell, and Russell Wilson as three examples as to why rankings mean didley squat while simultaneously claiming "it's really not that hard" to rank players. Well, if it's really not that hard, why were your three examples all wrong?  If all the rankings are wrong and don't mean didley squat because they are so inaccurate that would mean it really ISN'T that easy.
That's my point of the guy I was arguing with. It's based in this person's opinion. I just want this guy to watch some actual tape instead of just repeating what the talking heads have been saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 07:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: That's my point of the guy I was arguing with. It's based in this person's opinion. I just want this guy to watch some actual tape instead of just repeating what the talking heads have been saying.

Your mock drafts are based upon other people's opinions.

(11-27-2017, 08:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not my grade, others grades. Other websites etc. I was fine taking him in the mid-late first but consensus is he won't go till the 4th at the earliest.

Literally "not my grade." Verbatim.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 10:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your mock drafts are based upon other people's opinions.

Literally "not my grade." Verbatim.

Jesus. That's my point. I have a much higher grade than the talking heads.   Don't just use the big board as ur only source of information. Watch tape
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Jesus. That's my point. I have a much higher grade than the talking heads.   Don't just use the big board as ur only source of information. Watch tape

You're literally using other people's grades.

How much tape did you watch to determine Jake Kumerow "LITERALLY catches everything"?

None.
Reply/Quote
Was reading an article on the Buckeye offense poor performance in the Cotton Bowl.  I found it quite interesting that Price, along with both Guards graded as "poor" by PFF, for their efforts in that game.  Only offensive player to grade "very good", was Tackle Jamarco Jones.

If I can find the article again, I'll share the link.

Edit:  https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-offense-graded-out-poorly-against-USC-Trojans-in-Cotton-Bowl-per-Pro-Football-Focus-113514544

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was reading an article on the Buckeye offense poor performance in the Cotton Bowl.  I found it quite interesting that Price, along with both Guards graded as "poor" by PFF, for their efforts in that game.  Only offensive player to grade "very good", was Tackle Jamarco Jones.

If I can find the article again, I'll share the link.

Edit:  https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-offense-graded-out-poorly-against-USC-Trojans-in-Cotton-Bowl-per-Pro-Football-Focus-113514544

Yeah he had a bad game. I think the worst of his career. He missed 2 stunts. But entire oline looked out of synch that game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 05:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah he had a bad game. I think the worst of his career. He missed 2 stunts. But entire oline looked out of synch that game.

Not really, just the interior.  The tackles actually graded out as "good" and "very good".  

I'm still not sold on Price to the Bengals at 12.  I think that the Bengals could do just as well with Bozeman, Ragnow, or Clapp.  One of those three will likely be on the board in rounds 2-3, or even 4 in Clapp's case.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really, just the interior.  The tackles actually graded out as "good" and "very good".  

I'm still not sold on Price to the Bengals at 12.  I think that the Bengals could do just as well with Bozeman, Ragnow, or Clapp.  One of those three will likely be on the board in rounds 2-3, or even 4 in Clapp's case.
Pffs worst graded group has always been oline imo. I don't think price at 12. I wouldn't be mad at it but think he's gone by pick 21. Think a trade down is certainly possible. Rangow is my second choice but there is a substantial gap between price and rangow due to the versatility that price brings between guard and center. Either way we go, we have to get a minumum of 3 interior olineman in first 3 rounds. Some combo  of price, Hernandez, ivey, Wynn, rangow, would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pffs worst graded group has always been oline imo. I don't think price at 12. I wouldn't be mad at it but think he's gone by pick 21. Think a trade down is certainly possible. Rangow is my second choice but there is a substantial gap between price and rangow due to the versatility that price brings between guard and center. Either way we go, we have to get a minumum of 3 interior olineman in first 3 rounds. Some combo  of price, Hernandez, ivey, Wynn, rangow, would be ideal.

Price at pick #44 would be almost as big a steal as the Vikings got with Elfein in the 3rd round last year.  I don't know man, every year guy rise, guys fall, some end up being selected right where they were originally rated at, pre-combine.  Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not dogging on Price, as I'm a huge Bucks Nut.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Price at pick #44 would be almost as big a steal as the Vikings got with Elfein in the 3rd round last year.  I don't know man, every year guy rise, guys fall, some end up being selected right where they were originally rated at, pre-combine.  Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not dogging on Price, as I'm a huge Bucks Nut.

Oh I know. But I just don't see any way he falls. I guess we'll see.
Reply/Quote
I believe that he could be a huge impact player for the Bengals. It isn't sexy. No one runs out and buys the Center's jersey. It won't sell tickets.

On the plus side, the Bengals whiffed big time on Ogbuehi. I would think when betting so much of your future on your first round pick, you want to have a close to a sure thing as possible. If the Bengals are picking at #12, is it really that much of a stretch?

Remember when Travis Frederick was projected as a 2nd or even 3rd round pick and the Cowboys took him at #31 overall? I am sure they don't regret that decision. Plus, we just signed their offensive line coach here. I would think he knows the importance of a man in the middle that can lead the offensive line.

I also believe that the Bengals are set at Guard with Westerman, Redmond, and Boling. The Boling move to LT is intriguing. It could provide immediate upgrades, but the Bengals would surely still have to draft a LT to develop.

From an entire team standpoint, however, I think there is one man that is a "once in a decade" talent and at a position of need for the Bengals: Vita Vea, DT. He could play all three downs, and have Billings rotate in on certain pass-rushing downs. Billings seems most effective when fresh, and also seems more adept at pushing the pocket rather than stuffing the run. The front four of the Bengals could be outstanding with a player like Vea. He also has the attitude I want.

There are just very few people on the planet that can do what Vea can do. If Price is available in Rd 2, I would jump all over him, but I think that Vea in Rd 1 improves our team over the Center Price.
Reply/Quote