Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price will be cleared next week, already benching 305
(06-18-2018, 07:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Do we really want that though? Bc if he's all pro he's gonna wanna get paid. We ain't paying interior oline. Do u want above average for 5 million for 12 years or all pro for 5 and then another garbage 5th round center for another how many years.

I get what you're saying.  But he's going to play as good as he can, and if that's All-Pro caliber, then so be it.  You can't ask him to hold back and play less than his ability.  Maybe they will pay him if he's that good.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The pay thing has much to do with who else needs paid at that time as anything. If we are on to a new QB on a rookie contract at that time you have money to spend on lineman, see Dallas. We will worry about that down the line, it's a good problem to have.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 09:00 AM)Au165 Wrote: The pay thing has much to do with who else needs paid at that time as anything. If we are on to a new QB on a rookie contract at that time you have money to spend on lineman, see Dallas. We will worry about that down the line, it's a good problem to have.

Yes it is, and not one we're used to having that often.
Reply/Quote
I'm really intrigued by a Billy Price vs. Andrew Billings Oklahoma drill this upcoming training camp (are they still allowed to do those?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
CLEARED!

Billy Price

@b_price53
1m1 minute ago
More
Fully cleared for football again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hey guys....

The Price is right.

I'll show myself out now.
Reply/Quote
Being cleared is a nice thing to learn. However, I'm still thinking he'd be wise to exercise a little restraint, before going 100%. At least he still has 6 weeks to continue preparing his body for full contact.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm really intrigued by a Billy Price vs. Andrew Billings Oklahoma drill this upcoming training camp (are they still allowed to do those?)

I think they still do that drill
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 03:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think they still do that drill

I don't think they do. Merv was one one of the last coaches to do this. I do believe he stopped 2 seasons ago doing this drill.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being cleared is a nice thing to learn. However, I'm still thinking he'd be wise to exercise a little restraint, before going 100%. At least he still has 6 weeks to continue preparing his body for full contact.

My guess, if he’s been rehabbing that particular muscle and surrounding groups, it’s probably stronger than it was pre injury.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 04:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My guess, if he’s been rehabbing that particular muscle and surrounding groups, it’s probably stronger than it was pre year.

That's a good point.  Can't wait to see him on the field.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 03:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think they do. Merv was one one of the last coaches to do this. I do believe he stopped 2 seasons ago doing this drill.

I think Dolphins still do that drill.  Not sure.  

http://americanfootballdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Oklahoma_Drill 

This link may be old.

Here is another: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_drill 

Again not an ideal source for data.  

I think there is a risk of concussions and that is why most teams did away with the drill.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 12:27 PM)pally Wrote: CLEARED!

Billy Price

@b_price53
1m1 minute ago
More
Fully cleared for football again

Not to be "Debbie Downer" but how many time was Eifert "cleared?" We will see soon.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 07:49 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Not to be "Debbie Downer" but how many time was Eifert "cleared?" We will see soon.

Price is a totally different animal than Eifert, and it is also a totally different injury.
Because of his back problems, Eifert will never be fully 100% fit again.
Reply/Quote
Doctor's cleared and ready to play. The era of Price begins
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 08:25 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Price is a totally different animal than Eifert, and it is also a totally different injury.
Because of his back problems, Eifert will never be fully 100% fit again.

The biggest asset Eifert could be to this team now is only as a decoy in the endzone. Don't even have to throw to him. As long as he can run and pull coverage... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 305 is not much weight for an NFL O-lineman to bench.

But you don't push that much if you are still injured.

(06-13-2018, 12:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Chances are, that isn't a "one rep" number.  Most likely the number for the weight he used for his work sets.  A typical strength building cycle will use a set weight for something like 4 sets of 8 repetitions.  I highly doubt that he's been allowed to attempt anything even resembling a one rep max.  

(06-13-2018, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well most people cant hit that mark fully healthy... So hes headed the right way.

(06-14-2018, 01:26 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Here is an article from 2016...for perspective

It takes some prodding to get Price to reveal his weightlifting statistics. He can do 36 reps in the 225-pound bench press. Marotti said he can do seven or eight reps at 405 pounds. Price can do five or six reps in the squat at 495 pounds.

So his “training” max weight was 405, but not his one rep max.

Still a little ways to go, and no need to push it. He is a beast

Just a reminder that Geno Atkins maxes his bench out at 550-565.

(Dude's a monster.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that Geno Atkins maxes his bench out at 550-565.

(Dude's a monster.)

That's the matchup I'd give my left nut to see. The old bull against the young.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 05:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's up to 305 in the bench press now expects full medical clearance next week.. as we said when it happened there was no need to worry.

any significant injury is a need to worry.. will pass my judgement once I see him in full contact but I good sign for sure
Reply/Quote
Pup list to start the preseason just for precaution. Heard it here first.
Reply/Quote