Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price will be cleared next week, already benching 305
He's up to 305 in the bench press now expects full medical clearance next week.. as we said when it happened there was no need to worry.
Reply/Quote
good to hear.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Way to start out the day with some good news.

Reply/Quote
That's great news. I wasn't concerned to much but was terribly converned! Think I might have to get a prescription for it (probably more cowbell) . Know what I mean Vern?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 08:37 AM)BengalD Wrote: That's great news.  I wasn't concerned to much but was terribly converned! Think I might have to get a prescription for it (probably more cowbell) .  Know what I mean Vern?

I was pretty converned as well.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Converned af here...
Reply/Quote
My only concern with Billy going in (and why I ranked Ragnow higher) was the injury and if he would be able to gel with the Oline until mid training camp. He has exceeded my expectations with his work in OTA's and I believe now we got the best center in the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good to hear Vern
Reply/Quote
Waiting for #53 jersey to hit the market, I'm all over it!!! Never was converned either!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was pretty converned as well.....

Your converns have been acknovleged.  You vill be advised how to proveed, moving forvard.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
305 is not much weight for an NFL O-lineman to bench.

But you don't push that much if you are still injured.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 305 is not much weight for an NFL O-lineman to bench.

I take it as that's what he's been medically cleared to lift, and will be given a green light to go full bore next week.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 305 is not much weight for an NFL O-lineman to bench.

Chances are, that isn't a "one rep" number.  Most likely the number for the weight he used for his work sets.  A typical strength building cycle will use a set weight for something like 4 sets of 8 repetitions.  I highly doubt that he's been allowed to attempt anything even resembling a one rep max.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I take it as that's what he's been medically cleared to lift, and will be given a green light to go full bore next week.

In the "normal" world 305 is a hell of a lot of weight to bench.  It only seems light when talking about NFL linemen.  I would think that if he is cleared to bench 305 he is pretty much healthy.

BTW because of "muscle memory" a guy who used to bench 400+ can go from 305 to 400+ a lot quicker than a guy who has never benched over 305 can get to 400+.
Reply/Quote

well most people cant hit that mark fully healthy... So hes headed the right way.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the "normal" world 305 is a hell of a lot of weight to bench.  It only seems light when talking about NFL linemen.  I would think that if he is cleared to bench 305 he is pretty much healthy.

BTW because of "muscle memory" a guy who used to bench 400+ can go from 305 to 400+ a lot quicker than a guy who has never benched over 305 can get to 400+.

Yeah, it sure is.  I never even hit that in my playing days, there were only a handful of guys I ever knew that did.  It sounds like he's good to go, maybe they're just being cautious with him.

That is true as well, but like Sunset mentioned, it's most likely rep weight as well.

Reply/Quote
Here is an article from 2016...for perspective

It takes some prodding to get Price to reveal his weightlifting statistics. He can do 36 reps in the 225-pound bench press. Marotti said he can do seven or eight reps at 405 pounds. Price can do five or six reps in the squat at 495 pounds.

So his “training” max weight was 405, but not his one rep max.

Still a little ways to go, and no need to push it. He is a beast
Reply/Quote
Great news! Now keep him away from Eifert.
Reply/Quote
It's that time of day when I have more time on my hands than I probably should so I took a moment to look up convern (just present tense mind you ) and it looks like it's not really a word. Shocking I know , but there are a few alternatives .. Instead of typing them all I took the liberty of copy and pasting from spellcheck.net. This of course is very unscientific so there may actually be a word converned. I just couldn't find it with my limited super powers.. Without further ado...

• Correct spelling for CONVERN
    We think the word convern is a misspelling. It could be just an incorrect spelling of the words which are suggested below. Review the list and pick the word which you think is the most suitable. For your convenience, we put a definition below each word.
  • Possible correct spellings for convern
    • Cavern
      Hollow out as if making a cavern.
    • Concern
      Be about; have to do with; be relevant to; refer, pertain, or relate to; "what's this novel all about?"; "there were lots of questions referring to her talk".
    • Confer
      Present; "the university conferred a degree on its most famous former student, who never graduated"; "bestow an honor on someone".
    • Convene
      Meet formally; "the council convened last week".
    • Convener
      (british) the member of a group whose duty it is to convene meetings.
    • Convent
      A community of people in a religious order (especially nuns) living together.
    • Converge
      In mathematics: approach a limit as the number of terms increases without limit.
    • Converse
      Carry on a conversation.
    • Convert
      Change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy; "we converted from 220 to 110 volt".
    • Convey
      Go or come after and bring or take back; "get me those books over there, please"; "could you bring the wine?"; "the dog fetched the hat".
    • Coven
      An assembly of witches; usually 13 witches.
    • Govern
      Require to be in a certain grammatical case, voice, or mood; "most transitive verbs govern the accusative case in german".

• I'm going with concerned, but the OP may be trying to invent a new word we will always remember and associate with Billy Price and the good news. 
Reply/Quote
Convern:

[Image: 208636.jpg]

Reply/Quote