Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price
(05-13-2018, 12:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's hilarious because you're absolutely right.  

A few seasons ago, pre-injury, he was having an MVP season.............  I'm not expecting that great of a year, but, with a line that can protect, Mixon to keep the defenses honest, and Lazor sounding like he knows what he's doing, I believe that Dalton could have a very big year.

There are so many positive "what-if's" this year. Sure, some would say that's every year, but not to this extent.

- John Ross is healthy and could make an impact - this would be like an extra 1st rounder
- Line should be much improved with new talent + new coach
- Totally new offensive playbook
- The running game could look like it did in the last 6 games, which would be awesome
- Maybe we get some Tyler Eifert this year?
- Dalton could return to form with time to throw and (hopefully) improved weapons
- We added the tackle champ and a good line prospect in Hubbard to the defense
- WJ3 and Lawson look like future stars

A lot needs to go right for us to rebound, but I have a good feeling about most of this happening.

(05-13-2018, 01:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: If Price works out, Andy may collapse from the shock at for the first time in his career having a pocket to step into :)

I can imagine him dropping back, seeing a pocket in front of him, freezing in total shock saying "wuuuut?"...leading to a sack.

(05-13-2018, 09:10 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Poor Billy Price, I almost feel sorry for him. For years now, most of us here have been clamoring for better, make that 'much better' from our offense. And rightfully so, as the front office seemed to draft anyone and everyone except for high quality linemen. Then along came Price, Ragnow (my early favorite, and Daniels.) Now that we have Price, we're like blind dogs in a meat shop and the guy has yet to take a snap during a game. We seem to have him hovering above the water, not just walking on it.

Here's where it might be tricky for some. While all signs indicate he will be the anchor we need, we need to keep in mind that he is but one human being on a line that still has a couple of spots to identify, with developing chemistry following that. This will take time, well into the season more than likely, for the entire line to operate as 'one'. When that day arrives, it will be the most glorious of days. Just remember the huge task Lazor and all position coaches have in front of them. Patience through this process will be needed as we watch it all get sorted out. It's a deep hole, no doubt. But if our new staff and players, led by the likes of Billy Price, connect like we are imagining, this could be one of the most enjoyable seasons for a Bengals fan ever, regardless of the outcome.

Lot of truth here. Price deserves patience and a little realism. I do expect him to be the best Center we've had in a long while, but we shouldn't flip if he gives up a sack. I guess I'll be happy if he doesn't look like a human turnstile. I watched some highlights of him last night though, and he looked like a stone wall in pass pro. A man among boys. It's hard not to get excited.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 09:10 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Poor Billy Price, I almost feel sorry for him. For years now, most of us here have been clamoring for better, make that 'much better' from our offense. And rightfully so, as the front office seemed to draft anyone and everyone except for high quality linemen. Then along came Price, Ragnow (my early favorite, and Daniels.) Now that we have Price, we're like blind dogs in a meat shop and the guy has yet to take a snap during a game. We seem to have him hovering above the water, not just walking on it.

Here's where it might be tricky for some. While all signs indicate he will be the anchor we need, we need to keep in mind that he is but one human being on a line that still has a couple of spots to identify, with developing chemistry following that. This will take time, well into the season more than likely, for the entire line to operate as 'one'. When that day arrives, it will be the most glorious of days. Just remember the huge task Lazor and all position coaches have in front of them. Patience through this process will be needed as we watch it all get sorted out. It's a deep hole, no doubt. But if our new staff and players, led by the likes of Billy Price, connect like we are imagining, this could be one of the most enjoyable seasons for a Bengals fan ever, regardless of the outcome.

He definately has tons upon tons on his plate. But damn, the dude sure seems lapping it up.

Listening to him and this Draft class is pretty damn impressive. All seem to be mature beyond their years and with
great heads on their shoulders. You are correct, it will take time but even then i bet opening day it will be better
then what we have troughted out there at Center for the last 10 years.
Reply/Quote