Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biological Women Are Birthing People, What Are Biological Men?
If naturally born women are no longer women anymore and now are "birthing people," then what are naturally born men?

Non-birthing people?
Aren't women people? Why shouldn't we refer to them that way?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(07-11-2022, 10:50 AM)pally Wrote: Aren't women people?  Why shouldn't we refer to them that way?

I think he's referring to the Biden Admin referring to mothers as birthing people instead of mothers.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-11-2022, 10:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he's referring to the Biden Admin referring to mothers as birthing people instead of mothers.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343

Not all mothers give birth.  My niece has 4 biological children without ever carrying them or birthing them. She is still their mother.

Birthing person works just fine and is actually a more specific term than mother or woman would be under the circumstances

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Are conservatives bitching about an initiative that strives to reduce our nation's maternal morality rate?
(07-11-2022, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are conservatives bitching about an initiative that strives to reduce our nation's maternal morality rate?

No
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-11-2022, 11:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No

So why the outrage?  Im not even being a smartass here, I don't get it. 

It's conservative politicians who make their hay feigning outrage, isn't it? 
(07-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So why the outrage?  Im not even being a smartass here, I don't get it. 

Because Biden said something.  

Ben Shapiro made an entire film out of "What is a woman?" because if the right is good at one thing its at creating fake outrage over the dumbest shit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
(07-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So why the outrage?  Im not even being a smartass here, I don't get it. 

They think the phrasing is stupid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-11-2022, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They think the phrasing is stupid.

Poor them. 
(07-09-2022, 04:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If naturally born women are no longer women anymore and now are "birthing people," then what are naturally born men?

Non-birthing people?

Gene donors
(07-11-2022, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gene donors

Not all men donate their genes and not all women give birth. 
(07-11-2022, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not all men donate their genes and not all women give birth. 

ok.  just answering your question

(07-11-2022, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They think the phrasing is stupid.

Something I'd actually agree with. Even more so when the same statement uses the word "maternal", which should also be replaced, shouldn't it.

Not that it's worth any actual outrage. But it's handing the plate to the opponent and I'm not sure whether the potential benefit of this phrasing outweighs this.
I hate inclusive language.

Not because I have anything against it, but because I work as a translator/interpreter and it is an absolute b***h to translate into Latin-derived languages.

Outside of work I couldn't care less.
This thread.

[Image: 33d.gif]
(07-11-2022, 12:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This thread.

[Image: 33d.gif]

Master baiter

Edit - or mistress baiter, if we wamt to be inclusive. 
(07-11-2022, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: Not all mothers give birth.  My niece has 4 biological children without ever carrying them or birthing them. She is still their mother.

Birthing person works just fine and is actually a more specific term than mother or woman would be under the circumstances

(07-11-2022, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are conservatives bitching about an initiative that strives to reduce our nation's maternal morality rate?

Well I mean, let's be honest here. This isn't about qualifying surrogates as "birthing people" or mortality rates.

It's specifically about the idea that men can give birth. That's the notion being rejected here. 
(07-11-2022, 11:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because Biden said something.  

Ben Shapiro made an entire film out of "What is a woman?" because if the right is good at one thing its at creating fake outrage over the dumbest shit.

Matt Walsh made the film. 

Shapiro had nothing to do with it but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about on the issue.

"Dumbest shit"?

How is that dumb? 

Did you even watch the film? You think woman is a subjective term?
(07-11-2022, 02:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Matt Walsh made the film. 

Shapiro had nothing to do with it but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about on the issue.

"Dumbest shit"?

How is that dumb? 

Did you even watch the film? You think woman is a subjective term?

Came up under a "Daily Wire" ad so I messed up with dummy was behind it.

Obviously it found it's target audience.

Shapiro made a movie with the woman who was fired from Disney.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.