Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizarroland take right here
What if the insane crowd noise we face causes us to dumb down the offensive line protections and be cause of that the line actually plays better? Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 07:06 PM)Housh Wrote: What if the insane crowd noise we face causes us to dumb down the offensive line protections and be cause of that the line actually plays better? Lol

Works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 07:06 PM)Housh Wrote: What if the insane crowd noise we face causes us to dumb down the offensive line protections and be cause of that the line actually plays better? Lol

Keep it simple, it works more often than not. Seen a lot of miscommunications in the Titans game on the OL.

Hard to know who's fault was who's. There will be a lot less stunts and more blitzes which helps out our OL with Burrow who 
feasts on this. It will be loud though just like in Nashville but I think we are ready for it, we will prepare. 
Reply/Quote
When my son was in 8th grade I volunteered to help coach and the morons made me the line coach. I played guard in grade school a million years before and had no clue on blocking schemes even for kids. So I found OIL. Over. Inside. Linebacker. Can’t get much simpler than that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

It would be impossible to "dumb down" our pass protection any more than it was against the Titans.

Our problem was NOT that our blocking schemes were too complex.  The problem was that we were too dumb to figure out the Titans stunts.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be impossible to "dumb down" our pass protection any more than it was against the Titans.

Our problem was NOT that our blocking schemes were too complex.  The problem was that we were too dumb to figure out the Titans stunts.

Hate to admit it, yet I agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote