Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Jerseys
Does anyone know what Marv was thinking when they selected the black jerseys for yesterday's game?

I was in the shade, but walking to the stadium in the sun had me pretty sweaty. There was no breeze, and the field was in the sun the entire game.

What the hell was he thinking? I mean, sure, this is problem # 157 as to why Marvin is a pinhead as a coach, but I am really curious if anyone knows why on earth he would do that? Let Denver wear white? Idiot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The heat was why so many fans left after the 3rd quarter. I'm sure it was brutal on the field as well.
Reply/Quote
We sit on the sunny side and I can tell you it was one of the hottest games I can remember.......the sun was intense....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I didn't get it either. Usually we wear white at home all through September (or orange as we did against the packers a few years ago). I don't know if it's marvs decision or what but whoever decided on black yesterday needs to smarten the F up
Reply/Quote
Yes that was a head scratcher for me as well. And you can't tell me it didn't make at least a bit of difference heading into the 4th. Couple that with the turf being well over 100 degrees for 3+ hours that is enough to drain even the best conditioned athlete.
Reply/Quote
Didn't know what jersey we were wearing, but figured we'd stick Denver with their navy jerseys and be in all white ourselves. I myself made sure to wear a white polo shirt just to take the edge off the heat. So, imagine my surprise walking in to see that nonsense. And, like others said, it was friggin' HOT out there, with few breezes in between. Can't imagine why they did that.

Hottest PBS game is still the '02 games versus San Diego, though. 96 degrees air temperature at kick-off. We made SD wear their navy jerseys, but it made no difference and they beat us like a drum. Ah, the Dick LeBeau era.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think they have to plan this out well in advance. I don't think they were expecting July weather on September 25. They can't be Willy Nilly with this shit or all 46 Broncos will have to pack all 3 jerseys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: I think they have to plan this out well in advance. I don't think they were expecting July weather on September 25. They can't be Willy Nilly with this shit or all 46 Broncos will have to pack all 3 jerseys.

There can be really hot days in southern Ohio in September, something painfully obvious to anyone who's spent even one September here.  So, to play it safe you have an unwritten rule that we wear white at home for all September games.  Easy peasy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So, no one knows...In the end it matters. Miami used to have an impressive September home winning % because their side was actually shaded and they would cook their opponent in dark jerseys on the other side.

There can't be a legit answer other than just another example of stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:08 PM)YAwful Llama Wrote: There can be really hot days in southern Ohio in September, something painfully obvious to anyone who's spent even one September here.  So, to play it safe you have an unwritten rule that we wear white at home for all September games.  Easy peasy.

Absolutely... And I honestly thought we already had that unwritten rule in place. That was very strange to see. I think the last time we wore black at home (not at night) in September was Marv's first game at pbs in 2003. And they went all black Whatever I thought they had learned
Reply/Quote