Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Monday
Add Lovie Smith to the list of fired coaches. He was released after the win today cost the Texans the overall #1 pick.

So there are openings in
Indianapolis
Carolina
Denver
Houston

Arizona is likely. And Sean McVey is expected to step down from the Rams. Then, of course, there will always be some surprises as always.

Who will win the Sean Payton sweepstakes? And will Cincinnati be able to keep its coaching staff intact?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if GB, LAC, and Dallas fire their coaches.

If you bet; those are the three teams I would keep an eye on for Payton to go to.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Callahan likely gone, possibly Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
Browns fired their DC Joe Woods. Browns fans are thrilled. They’ve been calling for this all season. It is lucky that Kevin Stefanski had such a convenient fall guy

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:20 AM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if GB, LAC, and Dallas fire their coaches.

If you bet; those are the three teams I would keep an eye on for Payton to go to.

GB i could see but didnt dallas and Chargers have a good season and in the playoffs?

or you think they want in on Payton
Reply/Quote
I Expect Detroit to look to replace their DC.... With that offense 32nd ranked D isnt enough
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I Expect Detroit to look to replace their DC....   With that offense 32nd ranked D isnt enough

Yep, but they were fun to watch. At least from a fantasy standpoint.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:46 AM)pally Wrote: Who will win the Sean Payton sweepstakes?

I'll go with Denver. It's a franchise with historic success that only ever wants to win, win, and win.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:37 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll go with Denver. It's a franchise with historic success that only ever wants to win, win, and win.

but will Payton want to be saddled with Russell Wilson and that contract?   or go somewhere with a little more control
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but will Payton want to be saddled with Russell Wilson and that contract?   or go somewhere with a little more control

Fair question, for sure. He has the advantage of doing this on his terms. Worst case, he remains in broadcasting.

I'd imagine Denver ownership and management tries to convince him that he can make Wilson have success. It wasn't a declining Wilson, but lack of good coaching that made him fail sort of mentality is how Denver will approach the sales pitch.
Reply/Quote
Unless Payton REALLY wants to work with Wilson or Murray or potentially Stafford Houston is probably the most attractive. 2nd pick in the draft behind a team that will not be picking a QB, extra picks from the Browns, and Payton shouldn't have to worry about being a third consecutive one-and-done.
Reply/Quote
Kliff Kingsbury didn't get to work out his extension. He's been fired. Payton is a candidate for this job. former Bengal DB coach Vance Joseph and current DC for Arizona is also a top candidate for the job

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Unless Payton REALLY wants to work with Wilson or Murray or potentially Stafford Houston is probably the most attractive. 2nd pick in the draft behind a team that will not be picking a QB, extra picks from the Browns, and Payton shouldn't have to worry about being a third consecutive one-and-done.

Man those big extensions and deals last year are really looking bad

Wilson
Murray
Watson
Stafford (to a lesser Extent)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: GB i could see but didnt dallas and Chargers have a good season and in the playoffs?

or you think they want in on Payton

I think both want in on Payton because he is a "star" in their eyes. More so Dallas than the Chargers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:04 PM)pally Wrote: Kliff Kingsbury didn't get to work out his extension. He's been fired. Payton is a candidate for this job. former Bengal DB coach Vance Joseph and current DC for Arizona is also a top candidate for the job

LOL

This thread is hilarious in hindsight: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Hey-Zac-pay-attention-to-Kliff-Kingsbury?highlight=kingsbury

Kingsbury ended that year 8-8, missing playoffs.

That thread showed just how much people blatantly hate Zac. Just outright taking the piss out of him, before that ever-important 3rd year. As I wrote in June of last year, I seriously thought he would've gotten one more year, next year.

Guess the Bidwells just want to clean house.

On a personal note, also funny to see that the 2 people making personal attacks against me have not been seen on here since we have been successful, which adds further credence to my thoughts that many people only come here to complain and hate on the team.

Feel bad for Wilks: felt like he earned a second chance and had the Panthers playing really well, cut Hayseed out as dead weight and that's for a defensive-minded coach as well.

Everyone else, makes sense, even Lovie: like Culley last year, he had the overwhelming odour of one and done coach.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I Expect Detroit to look to replace their DC.... With that offense 32nd ranked D isnt enough

I don't think they will that defense really improved down the stretch. I think they add another playmaker on that side with the Rams pick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Sean Payton is looking to see if Chargers and/or Cowboys go one and done.

Either one of those jobs would be far more attractive than what's currently available.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:56 AM)BengalBob Wrote: I think Sean Payton is looking to see if Chargers and/or Cowboys go one and done.  

Either one of those jobs would be far more attractive than what's currently available.

I think Payton is waiting for Dallas only. If Tampa pulls the upset, then McCarthy is gone and the trade talks for Payton begin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think we can make an educated guess that Brandon Staley is gone.

Sean Payton to the Chargers?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think we can make an educated guess that Brandon Staley is gone.

Sean Payton to the Chargers?

Way worse at decisions than ZT and seem disconnected from Herbert unlike ZT and Burrow 
Reply/Quote