Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday WILL Come Early
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Something will change tomorrow. Everyone including Stevie Wonder can see how absolutely awful the Bengals are, especially on offense. I think the pink slips will fly like those little metal foil thingies in that “Twister” movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s. There is no credible offensive game plan, horrible execution, and the play calling is worse than a high school team.

This plan isn’t working and the Bengals have clearly regressed since last season. I thought 2019 was bad but 2020 is far worse. AJ Green is injured and has no right to be taking snaps. DJ Reader is out for the season. Geno Atkins is slow and not himself either. Joe Mixon is hitting more butts than a proctologist. This is the all time worst offensive line in NFL history. They can’t run block or pass protect; the performance against Jacksonville was clearly a fluke.

Worst of all — and this is terrible — the current offensive coaching staff has effectively ruined Joe Burrow. That’s right: Joe Freakin’ Burrow, the greatest once in a generation quarterback rarely seen in the NFL. The remainder of the Bengals’ 2020 schedule only gets worse. We still have to play Baltimore again, Cleveland again, and the Steelers twice. I don’t want Joe Burrow to be carted off the field.

Mike Brown isn’t stupid. He’ll choose to protect his franchise quarterback over any coaching staff member. This will be the last time he ever spends so lavishly in free agency, too.
Have to agree,this could be worse than in the nineties.Hard to imagine that because that period in the nineties was about as bad as it gets.I still think this coaching staff is the worst I’ve ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:53 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Have to agree,this could be worse than in the nineties.Hard to imagine that because that period in the nineties was about as bad as it gets.I still think this coaching staff is the worst I’ve ever seen.

It was a totally reactionary hire.  Getting a young, offensive genius was all the rage and Brown gave people what he thought they wanted in what would be a 180 from Marvin Lewis staleness.  

Carolina made the best hire with Rhule, and whoever can lure Campbell from ISU will get the next great hire.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What did you guys expect from a team that went 2-14 last year vs a team expected to be in the AFC championship at least this year?
Reply/Quote
JIM TURNER AND ZAC TAYLOR GOTTA GO.. PROMOTE DARREN SIMMONS TO HEAD COACH TO END THE SEASON. SIMMONS ISNT THE ANSWER BUT AT LEAST WE CAN GET RID OF ZAC TAYLOR BEFORE THIS WHOLE TEAM SELF DESTRUCTS. ZAC IS RUBBING THIS WHOLE TEAM THE WRONG WAY. HE'S ACTING LIKE HITLER OUT THERE...NOT TOWARDS HIS COACHES THOUGH. HE PICKED THEM SO THEY CANT BE BAD, THAT WOULD MAKE TAYLOR LOOK BAD IF HE THREW HIS OWN COACHING STAFF THAT HE CHOSE UNDER THE BUS.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:32 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: What did you guys expect from a team that went 2-14 last year vs a team expected to be in the AFC championship at least this year?

We expect progress from last year. Theres no progress. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:34 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We expect progress from last year. Theres no progress. 

It honestly feels like there is, but it only shows up on certain sides of the ball. 
Like, on D we would have gotten completely gashed last year. We wouldn't have scored as much as we have recently last year either.
They just need to find out how to put it all together in one game, I'm not sure if ZT is the guy for that though.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:34 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We expect progress from last year. Theres no progress. 

We have played 5 games. We have 1.5 wins. We did not have more than 1.5 wins unt week 17 last year. There is progress. We still suck, but there is progress. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Something will change tomorrow.

i'm willing to bet on this one, easy bet if you think its a coaching change. The only thing that will realistically change is some rotation on the OL... thats all your getting from the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We have played 5 games. We have 1.5 wins. We did not have more than 1.5 wins unt week 17 last year. There is progress. We still suck, but there is progress. 

If only we could be in the NFC East....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We have played 5 games. We have 1.5 wins. We did not have more than 1.5 wins unt week 17 last year. There is progress. We still suck, but there is progress. 

This feels like the Cards last year, I remember with the first win they were thrilled they had won half as many games as they did the year before.
We might also be in a Browns situation and have the wrong coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:26 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: It was a totally reactionary hire.  Getting a young, offensive genius was all the rage and Brown gave people what he thought they wanted in what would be a 180 from Marvin Lewis staleness.  

Carolina made the best hire with Rhule, and whoever can lure Campbell from ISU will get the next great hire.   

Agree with the first part.  Problem is, Taylor wasn't a genius at any level.  He was an awful OC at UC.  He had the luxury of working for the real deal young qb whisperer in LA.  Sorry, but "passing game coordinator" is not the same as offensive coordinator when the HC calls the plays.

Campbell may be great, but I'm still leaning toward Brady or Bienemy.  If Burrow is healthy when the season ends, they should be able to attract someone that is in demand.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:45 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: This feels like the Cards last year, I remember with the first win they were thrilled they had won half as many games as they did the year before.

Yeah, our coach is not a gold coach. I just hope we haven't wasted Joey B before we realize it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:45 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: This feels like the Cards last year, I remember with the first win they were thrilled they had won half as many games as they did the year before.

I feel its the latter point
Reply/Quote
By the way, are the "Joe Burrow is ruined" people serious? Watson is fine and took a record amount of hits under fcking BoB. Wilson had to deal with a hot garbage OL for years.
Good QBs can deal with a bad situation for a while.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree with the first part.  Problem is, Taylor wasn't a genius at any level.  He was an awful OC at UC.  He had the luxury of working for the real deal young qb whisperer in LA.  Sorry, but "passing game coordinator" is not the same as offensive coordinator when the HC calls the plays.

Campbell may be great, but I'm still leaning toward Brady or Bienemy.  If Burrow is healthy when the season ends, they should be able to attract someone that is in demand.

Yeah, the thing at the time was to get a young proven OC and pair him with a new QB.  We went 3rd rate by getting a young QB coach and hoping for the best.  Basically, everyone else was getting a SNES or a Genesis for Christmas and Mike Brown went out and got us a Turbo Grafix 16.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, the thing at the time was to get a young proven OC and pair him with a new QB.  We went 3rd rate by getting a young QB coach and hoping for the best.  Basically, we everyone else was getting a SNES or a Genesis for Christmas and Mike Brown went out and got us a Turbo Grafix 16.

Dont diss the TG16! Devil's Crush and Bonk were legit at the time
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:58 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Dont diss the TG16! Devil's Crush and Bonk were legit at the time

Keith Courage sure wasn't. Zac Taylor is Keith Courage.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Keith Courage sure wasn't.  Zac Taylor is Keith Courage.

[Image: tg16_keith_courage_p_0b461i.jpg]
That cover is so late 80s
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:10 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: [Image: tg16_keith_courage_p_0b461i.jpg]
That cover is so late 80s

[Image: Zac-Crappage.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not expecting any changes. If something does happen, it'll most likely be a small move like letting the assistant OL coach go and calling it a day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote