Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black National Anthem
(07-05-2020, 01:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I watch sports for sports not to have political agendas shoved in my face. Can’t believe there’s so many people defending this, I bet you all would bow down to blacks and kiss their shoes too wouldn’t you? I love every race don’t get me wrong, this is one nation under God! The NFL needs to stay out of politics, playing the black national anthem is segregation 101....The NBA is getting super political too. Honestly might be done with sports if this keeps up

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(07-05-2020, 12:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It will register in the election results big time. Polls are totally worthless. Democrats want mail in voting for a reason.

I think people, in particular black people are starting to look at who runs their communities and turning off the media narrative. The cop who killed George was a democrat, as was the police chief, as was the mayor, and the city counsel, the congress, senate, etc. I mean, that cop had over 15 complaints of abuse of force. It wasnt Orange Man who allowed him to stay a cop, it was a bunch of democrats. And then those same democrat leaders allowed protesters, many of which were a bunch of college age white liberals, burn their neighborhoods down and destroy businesses. Now they want to defund the police lol. This is a total clown show for democrats right now. Its really an absolute embarrassment for these elected officials, and this is backfiring on them ten fold, as it should. And Joe Biden? I mean he could be a stand up comedy act, except he's not trying to be. Wtf lol???!!

Maybe down the road it will work itself out, but as it stands now, the Democrat party looks like its being run by a bunch of angry children. Its really an embarrassment. Yeah its going to show up when the real elections happen. No doubt in my mind.

The problem with this fantasy is that it ignores the constant onslaught against black suffrage by Republicans and the repeated dog whistles by Trump as he champions the Confederacy and uses far more harsh language to describe black protestors than he did to describe actual Neo Nazis in Charlottesville.

It also ignores the incredibly incompetent Trump administration response to Covid that is dominating the narrative of 2020. You can call Biden a comedian, but he’s pushing far more substance than Trump is. Trump has abandoned any policy discussion, as seen in his recent Fox town hall when he couldn’t name one thing he wants to do if elected, and is instead just spouting complaints and rhetoric, a strategy that doesn’t work when you’re the President, SCOTUS leans towards your ideology, and your party controls the Senate
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2020, 01:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I watch sports for sports not to have political agendas shoved in my face. Can’t believe there’s so many people defending this, I bet you all would bow down to blacks and kiss their shoes too wouldn’t you? I love every race don’t get me wrong, this is one nation under God! The NFL needs to stay out of politics, playing the black national anthem is segregation 101....The NBA is getting super political too. Honestly might be done with sports if this keeps up

If you watch sports for sports just pay attention to the sports part. The NFL is a private organization and doesn't owe their viewers a politics or religion-free product if they don't want to. 

If it's too much for you all you can do is unplug.  The thing is that sports and entertainment have been part of cultural and social advancement for generations.   Expecting anything but a political rally to be politics free is unrealistic.   

It wasn't that long ago that allowing blacks into pro sporting leagues was seen as needlessly political and troublesome as this is.  I love sports, but keep your firebrand political nonsense about equality out of it!  

A song being sung isn’t a political agenda being shoved in anyone’s face.

Also, this post comes off as you being upset that this is black people being given a voice based on your line “ I bet you all would bow down to blacks and kiss their shoes too wouldn’t you?”

What exactly do you mean by that?

This seems similar to your outrage when the Walking Dead had gay characters and you vowed to boycott it. Are you just upset that black people are being treated as humans whose voices are just as important as the rest of us?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Take a knee bro...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-05-2020, 03:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A song being sung isn’t a political agenda being shoved in anyone’s face.

Have you been watching Laura, Tucker, and Sean lately? Or did you see Trump's Rushmore speech?

Over the next few weeks, we are going to be hearing this song is exactly that, dividing a nation which embraces "diversity."

People suddenly reporting into P n R to make these points, vowing "never to watch," and then disappearing without dialogue.

This too shall pass.