Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Panther Movie.....
Go see it! ThumbsUp Really good stuff IMO. I know many of you comic nerds (I say that lovingly) are ultra critical of the super hero movies, but I thought it was quite good.
Reply/Quote
This movie was so good. Marvel keeps getting better and better. It's crazy to see such high quality coming out of the superhero genre.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It suffers from a lot of the same problems other Marvel movies do, but I'd still call it the best one since Winter Soldier. Enjoyed it a lot more than the new Thor movie.
Reply/Quote
Ill save my money till Disney starts grinding my favorite franchise to the bone. lol

Most of them have been at least entertaining so far...
Reply/Quote
Thumbs up
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't see anything in theaters, I literally hate the theater experience. I'll certainly catch this when it comes out on Amazon or Netflix. I will say that there's very little chance it is the "best superhero movie ever" as I've heard, as Logan put that bar way too high. I'd be pleased to be wrong though.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 11:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't see anything in theaters, I literally hate the theater experience.  I'll certainly catch this when it comes out on Amazon or Netflix.  I will say that there's very little chance it is the "best superhero movie ever" as I've heard, as Logan put that bar way too high.  I'd be pleased to be wrong though.

Interesting, I'm opposite of you in which I love going to the Theater.  However that has no reflection on how good a movie is.  I do agree though that Logan was awesome IMO, but Black Panther was pretty good too.  Someone else mentioned Thor, TBH I liked all three.  I'm not as critical as some hard core fans that have been collecting comics for years and what not.  But I do like movies from block busters to the smaller indie films and I thought it was good.

Anyway enjoy  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Not a huge comic book movie guy but have seen a few.

Am definitely planning on seeing this one though.

Guess will put Logan on the "to see list" as well after reading this thread.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 04:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a huge comic book movie guy but have seen a few.

Am definitely planning on seeing this one though.    

Guess will put Logan on the "to see list" as well after reading this thread.

I'd say they are both in the same class. They have similar flaws, albeit for opposite reasons, if that makes any sense. Logan had the advantage in that it was more of a standalone movie.

Neither really topped "The Dark Knight" for me, but they're all really good.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 11:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't see anything in theaters, I literally hate the theater experience.  I'll certainly catch this when it comes out on Amazon or Netflix.  I will say that there's very little chance it is the "best superhero movie ever" as I've heard, as Logan put that bar way too high.  I'd be pleased to be wrong though.

Logan was amazing. It wasn't much of a superhero movie though, in the traditional sense. It was just an intense, dramatic movie that happened to feature characters with superpowers. Definitely one of my favorite movies in the genre though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

All the seats in the theater I go to now are recliners. Including leg rests.  And unless you are going to the first week of a blockbuster, generally not overly crowded.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:49 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Logan was amazing. It wasn't much of a superhero movie though, in the traditional sense. It was just an intense, dramatic movie that happened to feature characters with superpowers. Definitely one of my favorite movies in the genre though.

No, not a big budget special effects driven super hero movie to be sure.  Even so, it's definitely a super hero movie and it's a great film, by any measure for any genre.

(02-20-2018, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: All the seats in the theater I go to now are recliners.  Including leg rests.  And unless you are going to the first week of a blockbuster, generally not overly crowded.

Yeah, if I go, that would be the type of theatre I'd attend.  Still don't like the movies though.
Reply/Quote
As others have pointed out, it's strength, much like Logan's, lies in its ability to shed the traditional super hero schtick. This plays out more like Shakespeare with supernatural abilities, weaving in family and political drama outside of this overarching MCU narrative.

If Marvel follows what it has done with Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Thor 3, and Black Panther, they can keep making gems for a long time.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good movie. Definitely not "better than TDK" which I've seen floating around. Drags a little bit in the middle and some of the CGI in the beginning feels like it wasn't finished. Klaue was great and I wish we would have had more of them. Marvel pretty much has a license to print money.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 04:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Good movie. Definitely not "better than TDK" which I've seen floating around. Drags a little bit in the middle and some of the CGI in the beginning feels like it wasn't finished. Klaue was great and I wish we would have had more of them. Marvel pretty much has a license to print money.

This was a weird Marvel movie in that it had really good villains. Michael B Jordan and Andy Serkis absolutely killed it.
Reply/Quote
Did anybody say, "Sorry I ruined your Black Panther party."?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Who plays Huey Newton?
Reply/Quote
Best of the serious flicks
TDK
Logan
The Winter Soldier

Best of the comical laced flicks
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor Ragnarok

Everything else put out were just average.

I'm curious to see where Black Panther falls.

It looks cheesy in the commercials and clips... small sample I guess?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 08:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Best of the serious flicks
TDK
Logan
The Winter Soldier

Best of the comical laced flicks
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor Ragnarok

Everything else put out were just average.

I'm curious to see where Black Panther falls.  

It looks cheesy in the commercials and clips...  small sample I guess?

Honestly I liked it.  Saw it again tonight (my friend and his two sons hadn't seen it and asked us if we wanted to go).  I liked it because the character development was interesting and made sense for that super hero.  If you stay for all the credits (as with all marvel movies) you get a little sneak preview of what's to come.  Personally I look forward to it.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 03:46 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Honestly I liked it.  Saw it again tonight (my friend and his two sons hadn't seen it and asked us if we wanted to go).  I liked it because the character development was interesting and made sense for that super hero.  If you stay for all the credits (as with all marvel movies) you get a little sneak preview of what's to come.  Personally I look forward to it.

I liked it as well.  I thought Serkis and Jordan were two of the better villains that Marvel has trotted out in the series.  They usually struggle in that department.  

Also, rhinos.  That's all.
Reply/Quote