Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Uniforms Cost Us the Game
The Black Uniforms made the players more exhausted than necessary. You don't have a team that can go into Seattle do what they did and then have the same exact team go home and play as bad as they did. The Black Unis and the combination of the weather being hot and being only the 2nd Game of the Season made the team look slow sluggish cause they were not in football shape.

The Black Uniforms draw heat and they were exhausted before halftime. Next week watch and see they will bounce back and most of the posters here will be remembering the Seattle Game instead of the 49ers game saying yeah must have been the Uniforms and the Heat.
Reply/Quote
Really!

Maybe they were exhausted because they were chasing people around all day. I was exhausted myself just watching that mess.... and I was wearing my white jersey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those gd things remind me of the Palmer assassination anyway. I wish we would stop wearing the all black forever.

Reply/Quote
Hmm
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The real travesty was the lack of fans in the stands even at 15mins in Q1

I could hear Niner fans chanting 'Defense' in our own house 4 mins into the game.

What a pathetic showing from the fans. It's not right to blame the fans, but we had a chance to start anew with something fun and exciting. Fans made it clear very quickly they want nothing to do with that.
Reply/Quote
Or maybe.....just maybe.... what we learned had nothing to do with the jersey but more about the fact that Seattle isn't that good, Pitt is garbage when the rapist isn't under center and this team is still a giant ball of garbage since it is a lot of the same faces from Marvin's days.

If it is the jerseys, not like anything would change, you know how much it would cost Mikey to get new uniforms....that just isn't happening.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Or maybe.....just maybe.... what we learned had nothing to do with the jersey but more about the fact that Seattle isn't that good, Pitt is garbage when the rapist isn't under center and this team is still a giant ball of garbage since it is a lot of the same faces from Marvin's days.

If it is the jerseys, not like anything would change, you know how much it would cost Mikey to get new uniforms....that just isn't happening.

What would it cost him? Any ideas? I’m genuinely curious.

And in years past, we’ve worn white or orange for a home opener starting at 1:00... the last time they wore all black early at home was week 1, 2003. Marvin’s debut... it was about 90 that day as well. And the bengals got smoked by Denver.

Regardless, they should have just gone with white. Who’s idea was it to wear all black?? I was peeved to see they were wearing black in early September when the uniform schedule was released. It doesn’t make any sense
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I'm ready to blame the uniform color, but that was some dumb ass shit to wear those.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Or maybe just maybe Zac Taylor sucks and we have a trash team?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: What would it cost him? Any ideas? I’m genuinely curious.

And in years past, we’ve worn white or orange for a home opener starting at 1:00... the last time they wore all black early at home was week 1, 2003. Marvin’s debut... it was about 90 that day as well. And the bengals got smoked by Denver.

Regardless, they should have just gone with white. Who’s idea was it to wear all black?? I was peeved to see they were wearing black in early September when the uniform schedule was released. It doesn’t make any sense

Not certain myself, but anything that cost extra is a no go in Brown town...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Uniforms didn't make us lose the game, but it didn't help either. Probably should have drank pickle juice.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The real travesty was the lack of fans in the stands even at 15mins in Q1

I could hear Niner fans chanting 'Defense' in our own house 4 mins into the game.

What a pathetic showing from the fans. It's not right to blame the fans, but we had a chance to start anew with something fun and exciting. Fans made it clear very quickly they want nothing to do with that.

It's amazing this team still has any fans.

Look a 21-20 loss was the biggest reason for optimism over the last 2 months!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Uniforms didn't make us lose the game, but it didn't help either. Probably should have drank pickle juice.

One of the players on my favorite hockey team swears by it...

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/07/24/blake-coleman-pickle-juice-line-devils

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of the players on my favorite hockey team swears by it...

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/07/24/blake-coleman-pickle-juice-line-devils

Eagles use to drink it during the game for hydration. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The real travesty was the lack of fans in the stands even at 15mins in Q1

We left at the end of the 3rd quarter, sun-burnt, sweaty and pretty salty.  Could have left sooner, it was pretty obvious at 21-10 it wasn't going to be our day.  Got outside the stadium and the flow of people looked like the stadium emptying after the final gun a of a close game.  Had to wait to get out of the parking lot, and there was still 10:00 left in the game.  Still, I can't blame anyone bailing on that shit show.  I guess we missed a garbage Ross TD, but, there will probably be plenty of those to see later this season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I want to say our W/L record in that combo (all black) isn't very good. We do best in the Orange Jerseys.

Reply/Quote
It didn't help that's for sure.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We left at the end of the 3rd quarter, sun-burnt, sweaty and pretty salty.  Could have left sooner, it was pretty obvious at 21-10 it wasn't going to be our day.  Got outside the stadium and the flow of people looked like the stadium emptying after the final gun a of a close game.  Had to wait to get out of the parking lot, and there was still 10:00 left in the game.  Still, I can't blame anyone bailing on that shit show.  I guess we missed a garbage Ross TD, but, there will probably be plenty of those to see later this season.  

I bailed watching at about the beginning of the 4th quarter, so I get ya. It wasn't the fans who bailed that pisses me off, it's the fact that no one was there in the 1st damn quarter.

We've clamored for a change at HC forever, and it finally happened, but it really hasn't changed anything in the fans of the eyes (for some reason I thought it might).

I guess the fans will fill up the week after Mike Brown dies! That's when the real optimism will kick in.

I suppose my thoughts were "If this franchise wants a resurgence like Seattle did in 2012, they are going to need help from the fans!" Well, we aren't going to give it to them, so best of luck to em!
Reply/Quote
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but the team submits their uniforms for their home game, and the visiting team has to adjust their colors accordingly. Only a total dumbass puts his/her team at a distinct disadvantage at home. Par for the course.
Reply/Quote

Or maybe fans could smell the stinking pile of crap that was going to be the 2019 Bengals from a mile away after they hired a QB coach to be their HC, and he ended up having to hire his 8th or so choice for DC... and they knew they had one of the (if not the) worst OL in the league, so they threw money at Andre Smith and Bobby Hart and said "yes, this will be fine"... and then cruised along with one of the worst LB groups that caused a historically bad D last year and did nothing to fix or improve it.

There was no need for 20/20 Hindsight. It was very clear in Foresight that this team would suck, and will for forever, until it's run by competent people rather than the ones who have produced just 7 winnings seasons and 0 playoff wins in working on 29 years now and haven't drafted a single Pro Bowler in 6 years and the only one they've drafted in 8 years was Eifert who has made 5 starts the previous 3 years and is no longer a starter this year.

But sure, keep talking about the fans' "pathetic showing".   Rolleyes

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote