Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Uniforms Cost Us the Game
(09-16-2019, 06:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The real travesty was the lack of fans in the stands even at 15mins in Q1

I could hear Niner fans chanting 'Defense' in our own house 4 mins into the game.

What a pathetic showing from the fans. It's not right to blame the fans, but we had a chance to start anew with something fun and exciting. Fans made it clear very quickly they want nothing to do with that.

The Bengals currently have the worst attendance percentage in the NFL this year. That means very little at the moment since it was only one game, but there was around 50,000 people at kickoff, good for 77% capacity. It doesn't look like this team is a good enough product to improve on that, at least right now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

As to the OP, I don't think the jerseys did it as much as the weak team. Cincinnati is simply not a very good team right now. Too many holes.
Reply/Quote
So am I the only one that loves the all black uni's?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Im all black everything....on Madden.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 10:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: So am I the only one that loves the all black uni's?

No, you're not.
I love them, too - they look badass.

They're just not a smart choice in sunny, hot weather.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 10:45 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Im all black everything....on Madden.

*African American

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: *African American

Ninja

I'm referring to the uniforms. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:37 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I'm referring to the uniforms. 

I know.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I know.  Mellow

Haha just making sure, I mean it is 2019.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 05:39 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Black Uniforms made the players more exhausted than necessary.  You don't have a team that can go into Seattle do what they did and then have the same exact team go home and play as bad as they did.  The Black Unis and the combination of the weather being hot and being only the 2nd Game of the Season made the team look slow sluggish cause they were not in football shape.  

The Black Uniforms draw heat and they were exhausted before halftime.  Next week watch and see they will bounce back and most of the posters here will be remembering the Seattle Game instead of the 49ers game saying yeah must have been the Uniforms and the Heat.

The excuses for how ZT's team are getting started early. This is an innovative one.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 05:48 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Really!

Maybe they were exhausted because they were chasing people around all day. I was exhausted myself just watching that mess.... and I was wearing my white jersey!

Lmao! Good one.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of the players on my favorite hockey team swears by it...

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/07/24/blake-coleman-pickle-juice-line-devils

It’s my go to for hangovers. Works for me.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s my go to for hangovers. Works for me.

Where was this information Monday morning!?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 01:03 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Where was this information Monday morning!?

It really works. Years ago one might say I had a bit of a drinking problem, well I didn’t but everyone else had a problem with it. Anyway I lied said I quit drinking but everyone knew I was not being honest when they opened my fridge to find 3 jars full of pickles with no juice. Well and drunk calling people at 2am didn’t help cover up the lie I was living either so...
Reply/Quote
According to their pressers it "wasn't them". It was some other team, but not us... I guess the real Bengals took the day off, sat at home watching on TV whilst a bunch of guys from another town dressed in all black (like a funeral) were standing in for them.
Don't forget folks...That's not us! If the team can say that then certainly fans can as well. Lack of fans in the stands? That's not us. Some other people bought all the tickets and stayed home or left early. Heck, blame me. I live in South Carolina so "It wasn't me" either..I didn't buy a ticket and didn't drive to Cincinnati so It's not us...and certainly NOT ME! Heck, if it WAS me I'da bought all the tickets and paid a bunch of people from I dunno, Antarctica to not watch and not cheer. But it wasn't us.  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote