Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake Corum @ 80
(02-14-2024, 09:03 AM)Synric Wrote: No love for Bucky Irving? He is the best RB in the draft class with the ball in his hands. Leads forced missed tackles and I believe second behind Jaylen Wright in Yards after Contact. Oregon run a 60/40 Gap/Zone split which identical to the Bengals rushing offense so he would fit in day 1. Bucky is also the best receiving back in the class.

I don't care how big a RB is as long as they can break tackles, get yards after contact, and catch.

I don't mind Bucky as a Day 3 prospect, but bad vision and terrible pass pro make me project him as just another Chase Brown.  He'll only be able to see use situationally because you can't trust him to block and for every big one he pops, he'll take three negative plays because he can't find a hole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 02:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's a ton of TE talk and rightfully so. RT and adding to Dline has got a lot of attention and again, rightfully so.

But one thing, here I go again, that I also feel needs some serious attention is our RB room. IMHO our lack of efficiency at running the ball is one of our bigger problems, near the top. And I get it and fully agree there's a bunch of peels to that onion. Scheme, play calling, blocking style, just overall game situations and so on.

But I believe our lack of dynamic backs is part of the equation as well. Let's face it, C. Evans and T. Williams need to be gone. C. Brown has flashed and shown promise, but I'm not sure he's a true "bell cow" type? And Mixon, well that horse has been beat to death, lets just say he's not a game changer.

We need new life in our RB room to say the least. I read a draft profile that read words to the effect of "Blake Corum isn't really elite at any one thing, but he's great at almost everything."

A tag team of Chase Brown and Blake Corum may well be just what the Dr. ordered? And Mixon if he has to stay and he probably will. I just strongly feel in order for this team to really hit it's top gear we have to get better at running the ball.

If Corum is there at 80 I hope they run to the podium and take him.

Yes sir BF74. All for a RB like Blake Corum to add to our corps. Like you say, he can do everything well. Makes us so much more unpredictable
on Offense and Corum is much harder to tackle than any of our RB's. The priorities this Offseason needs to be to get to running the ball more 
efficiently and stopping the run better on Defense. 

Blake Corum would definitely help in one of these areas.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't mind Bucky as a Day 3 prospect, but bad vision and terrible pass pro make me project him as just another Chase Brown.  He'll only be able to see use situationally because you can't trust him to block and for every big one he pops, he'll take three negative plays because he can't find a hole.
I agree and Bucky is fun to watch but not worth it early on for sure....I like Brooks and Benson and Allen(needs to work on pass blocking some) those 3 would be my top choices in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir BF74. All for a RB like Blake Corum to add to our corps. Like you say, he can do everything well. Makes us so much more unpredictable
on Offense and Corum is much harder to tackle than any of our RB's. The priorities this Offseason needs to be to get to running the ball more 
efficiently and stopping the run better on Defense. 

Blake Corum would definitely help in one of these areas.

Michigan RB's do not do well in the NFL for whatever reason and Corum is a smaller back. We need someone that's a Gus Edwards type bigger back who can plow when we need them to. Corum doesn't give you that and we already have the other in Chase.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 06:24 PM)pulses Wrote: Michigan RB's do not do well in the NFL for whatever reason and Corum is a smaller back. We need someone that's a Gus Edwards type bigger back who can plow when we need them to. Corum doesn't give you that and we already have the other in Chase.

True on Michigan RB's. I think Corum will be the exception though, he is such a hard worker.

Braelon Allen is still my favorite RB for us in this Draft. Big, physical RB that is hard to tackle. Just what we need.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True on Michigan RB's. I think Corum will be the exception though, he is such a hard worker.

Braelon Allen is still my favorite RB for us in this Draft. Big, physical RB that is hard to tackle. Just what we need.

Allen I love him....Benson would work as well and he's a much better pass blocker....Brooks is the best pass blocker amongst RB's in this class tho.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 07:21 PM)pulses Wrote: Allen I love him....Benson would work as well and he's a much better pass blocker....Brooks is the best pass blocker amongst RB's in this class tho.

I like all these guys for us honestly but I like Braelon the most just because we need a RB who is hard to tackle really bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't mind Bucky as a Day 3 prospect, but bad vision and terrible pass pro make me project him as just another Chase Brown.  He'll only be able to see use situationally because you can't trust him to block and for every big one he pops, he'll take three negative plays because he can't find a hole.

I disagree with the vision patience and vision are a big part of his game and I agree pass pro will most likely never probabaly never even be an average part. He gets the Jahmyr Gibbs argument from me an underneath offensive weapon. Malachi Corely and Jaheim Bell also get this tag for different reasons! Going to be a fun draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 12:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree with the vision patience and vision are a big part of his game and I agree pass pro will most likely never probabaly never even be an average part. He gets the Jahmyr Gibbs argument from me an underneath offensive weapon. Malachi Corely and Jaheim Bell also get this tag for different reasons! Going to be a fun draft.

I like Corley a lot and that dude is physical too.
Reply/Quote