Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blame it all on my roots..
(12-02-2015, 11:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals Super Bowls bracket my college experience.  

I was a freshman in college during the 1981 season, and I was in my final year of grad school in 1988.

Wow you had a great run. I am jealous for sure.

I thought we were closer in age. Good stuff Fred you have had a good run.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 11:49 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: 1986.  Bengals finished 10-6 and missed out on the Playoffs.  Boomer played pretty well that year.  He and James Brooks were my favorite players, along with Tim Krumrie.  I started actively watching football the year before during the Bears run to the Super Bowl.  Still feel bad for Tony Eason

Very similar to me. Was a Bengal fan before but got hardcore around this time.
Reply/Quote
I was 6 yrs old and my grampa told my mom he was going to take his grandson to a football game. It was August 3, 1968. He took me down to Nippert Stadium to see the new professional team in town. The Bengals played the Chiefs in the first preseason game. It was the first time the Bengals stepped onto the field against another team. And the best part is....I still have the program from the game. Not many people can say they were at their favorite team's first game ever.
Reply/Quote
I was 14 years old when the Bengals became a team and have been a fan ever since.  I've watched almost every game that was on TV and been to several.  I was living in Alaska during the first super bowl and was amused at all the bengals jerseys that suddenly appeared from my coworkers.  I was at the conference championship game against the Bills that sent us to the second super bowl -- the most exciting sports event I've ever been to.  Second was Pete's 4192.  Gotta say, this year is starting to feel like those others!
Reply/Quote
My Dad has had season tickets since 1986. My brother and I used to split the tickets and go to four games a year with him. Getting the tickets in the mail was like Christmas. Even during the 90s. We'd alternate picks on tickets until they were gone. I was born this way. Bengals fans are straight up loyal.

By the way, even in the 90s whoever had the first pick usually took the Steelers game.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was 6 yrs old and my grampa told my mom he was going to take his grandson to a football game. It was August 3, 1968. He took me down to Nippert Stadium to see the new professional team in town. The Bengals played the Chiefs in the first preseason game. It was the first time the Bengals stepped onto the field against another team. And the best part is....I still have the program from the game. Not many people can say they were at their favorite team's first game ever.

I attended the first ever game played by the Tennessee Titans.  They were called the Tennessee Oilers the first two years in Tennessee, and did not become the Titans until their new Stadium oped in Nashville in 1999.  

They played the Falcons who had lost the Super Bowl  the year before.

And I don't even care about the Titans.
Reply/Quote