Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blandino defends ruling on Boyd fumble
What a load of crap , it may be the worst call but it was far from the only one . Never seen a game with so many mistakes and no calls . Everyone forgets the non "fumble" by the Steelers in which the play was blown dead before the player even hit the ground . Ball was out and they somehow maintain possession . Not to mention all the holds .

We played like crap and probably didn't deserve to win , but our chance to tie was taken away by a horrible call
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:33 AM)JumboTron Wrote: The odds weren't great at all.  The point is Cincy was moving the ball and at the very least still had a chance (be it a very remote one) of both scoring the TD and converting.  That remote chance was literally taken away by a downright terrible, terrible, terrible call.  A call that has no business being justified by anyone outside of the typical over-weight, yellow toothed inbred Steeler fan.

That's true....however my point is, we have played Shittsburgh enough that the Bengals should know that if they let it go to the scorecard, the judges are going to screw them. They need a knockout.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true....however my point is, we have played Shittsburgh enough that the Bengals should know that if they let it go to the scorecard, the judges are going to screw them. They need a knockout.

100% agreed.  Damn, this whole thing just sucks.  
Reply/Quote
We're never going to be allowed to beat Pittsburgh in any significant games because the NFL is rigged.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What is funny is that even though they determined that they couldnt overturn the call on the field, they did have enough visual evidence to call it not a catch. Because Boyds knee was down before he was hit. If ball was out before knee touched, it should not have been a catch.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:52 AM)cinci4life Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Dean-Blandino-defends-ruling-on-Boyd-fumble-vs-Steelers-47599353

Of course he does. What a bunch of bullshit.

SAme BS as the fumble in the playoff game  both of them.. (gio illegal hit should have been a flag)  Hills elbow was down...

Now a knee being down isn't enough?

Add in the No Call TD from Uz (that's not a TD by Bryant flipping thru the air with no feet inbounds was?)
Reply/Quote
The Bengals or any team for that matter shouldn't have to play the Steelers or any of the big market teams worrying if the refs are going to be biased. The Bengals or any team for that matter shouldn't have to get out to a 3 score lead so that they don't have to worry about being screwed by the refs.

I didn't even watch the game yesterday and since that BS went on during the playoff game, I've just been turned off on the NFL. There is no excitement at the start of the season and now that it's here, the fans are already complaining about biased officiating and the season is only two weeks old.

I'm still a Bengals fan and always will be, I just don't care any longer what happens since I know that the Bengals aren't given a fair game.

My opinion.
Reply/Quote
Blandino is a shit-eater.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I would have more respect for them if they would just own up to making mistakes. Lets face it everybody screws up. But to compound it by sticking with your story despite undeniable video evidence is just plain bull.

On a side note if I offended anybody yesterday on here after the game I apologize. Steelers bring out the worst in me. That's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Were not even gonna get an apology this

NFL flat out saying yeah we screwed you and no one in the world gives a shit
Reply/Quote
Based on his explanation, if the initial ruling had been a catch -- that also would have been upheld due to lack of proof otherwise. This goes back a few years ago where basically when there's a fumble/interception/touchdown, the default is to call it that and let the play play out as opposed to blowing a whistle, figuring replay will validate the call or overturn it.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:10 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Based on his explanation, if the initial ruling had been a catch -- that also would have been upheld due to lack of proof otherwise. This goes back a few years ago where basically when there's a fumble/interception/touchdown, the default is to call it that and let the play play out as opposed to blowing a whistle, figuring replay will validate the call or overturn it.
To call it a catch, you would have to assume Boyd had possesion of ball before he was touched by the defense. Additionally, the refs assumed Boyd fumbled. Assuming both these things to be true, the only time Boyd could fumble would be when his knee was not down. Refs should not have assumed both to be true because logic says that it cannot be true. The decision should have been an incomplete pass, as it was deemed that Boyd fumbled and the only way he could "fumble" was if the ball came out before his knee was on the ground (aka incomplete pass) .

I guess this is too hard for the refs to comprehend. 

Edit: TlBig Grinr - By the refs assuming it was a fumble, they should have looked into whether or not the requirements for a catch would be satisfied by condition of the fumble occuring before the knee hits the ground. Which it is not satisfied.
Reply/Quote
They doubled down on their horse shit because they can afford to lose Bengals fans viewership. They can't afford to lose steelers fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:00 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: Ah, yes, THAT one...  There were so many holds that were blatant, but not called, they're hard to keep track of at this point  Sad

There was one where Foster was holding I believe Geno, and Ben gets rid of the ball and everyone stops, then Foster looks and sees he still has hold of the jersey and lets go.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Did Blandino quote any passages that aren't in the rule book like "lining up a player"? Whatever the hell that even means.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There was one where Foster was holding I believe Geno, and Ben gets rid of the ball and everyone stops, then Foster looks and sees he still has hold of the jersey and lets go.

That's the one I specifically remember as well. Also the announcer was calling it out hard
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:10 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Based on his explanation, if the initial ruling had been a catch -- that also would have been upheld due to lack of proof otherwise. This goes back a few years ago where basically when there's a fumble/interception/touchdown, the default is to call it that and let the play play out as opposed to blowing a whistle, figuring replay will validate the call or overturn it.

Bingo!

The default call is to let the play play itself out because replay will fix it.  However, it seems that officials are also told to take this call into account when they view the replay so by doing this they are biasing towards confirming the turnover.  Crazy.

Maybe someone with some media pull could ask Blandino about this obvious oversight in the rules?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was a BS call.... that said, what are the odds we would have scored then converted for 2 ????
The Bengals are going to have to figure it out...they are going to have to take the game away from the officials in order to win over the Stoolers. They are going to have to make it so lopsided, the refs can't help....

Well, if those same refs call Uzomah's catch a TD(which it was), they are only down 4 points.  Kind of changes things, doesn't it?  
Reply/Quote

That is total BS and you know it. It was a catch and his knee was down end of story. Simple and everyone knows it, that is why they are "defending" it. 

It isn't fun watching the Bengals and Steelers play anymore. We can't execute a game plan because we are inside our 10 yard line on every drive. Part of that was Erickson, but shady ass penalties always creep up on special teams for some reason. Have you ever seen 3 officials throw flags on 3 different players for fouls on one kickoff before? Not only that they threw them about .5 seconds after the kick was made. There was not enough time for all that to go down.

You know something is wrong when we always hold Rotten to his worst 2 games of the year and we shut down Brown and we still lose. It is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote