Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleacher Report Power Ranking
Maybe I am missing something so thought I would ask for some help on Bleacher Report power ranking after week 3.

It has the Bengals ranked 4th overall which i find a accurate ranking at this time of the season.. and in the ranking it shows what bleacher reporter ranked them the highest and lowest.. I am assuming they mean for week 3.  So if that is true.. what does Ty Schalter have against the Bengals and why does he love Baltimore so much ?

He ranked the 3-0 Bengals after defeating the 0-3 Ravens... 9th in power ranking and the Ravens 7th in power rankings.

What the hell is this guy thinking ?

PS The Steelers he has ranked 20th... ??
Reply/Quote
Media's stupid
Reply/Quote
[Image: linc.jpg]

Linc?
Reply/Quote
HERE IS THE LINK

Ravens are ranked 20th but he has them 7th .. Bengals ranked 4th but he has them 9th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2573012-nfl-power-rankings-brs-expert-consensus-standings-heading-into-week-4
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:24 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: HERE IS THE LINK

Ravens are ranked 20th but he has them 7th .. Bengals ranked 4th but he has them 9th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2573012-nfl-power-rankings-brs-expert-consensus-standings-heading-into-week-4

What are u talking about?  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:13 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Maybe I am missing something so thought I would ask for some help on Bleacher Report power ranking after week 3.

It has the Bengals ranked 4th overall which i find a accurate ranking at this time of the season.. and in the ranking it shows what bleacher reporter ranked them the highest and lowest.. I am assuming they mean for week 3.  So if that is true.. what does Ty Schalter have against the Bengals and why does he love Baltimore so much ?

He ranked the 3-0 Bengals after defeating the 0-3 Ravens... 9th in power ranking and the Ravens 7th in power rankings.

Only way that makes sense is if you account for Pig Pen being injured.
Reply/Quote
Some of the metrics they use are not at all based on results and don't care about head to head.

Same with player evaluation.

Pro Football focus rated Aaron Rodgers a -2.0 for week 3. Yes, Aaron Rodgers with 311 yards and 5 TD's, was ranked behind Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallett, Jameis Winston, Blake Bortles and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 12:30 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Some of the metrics they use are not at all based on results and don't care about head to head.

Pro Football focus rated Aaron Rodgers a -2.0 for week 3.  Yes, Aaron Rodgers with 311 yards and 5 TD's, was ranked behind Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallett, Jameis Winston, Blake Bortles and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I don;t care what kind of metrics you use.. to rank a 0-3 team over a 3-0 team that you just lost too is unreal and not logical with any type of metric you want to use.  and even if you do.. what metric do you suppose would have this guy put the Ravens above the Bengals ??  NONE.
Reply/Quote
I only spent a minor amount of time looking into this guy.  He is from Michigan.  Doesn't that mean he automatically hates all things Ohio?

And during that very few minutes looking into Ty Shalter I discovered even though he is full time at Bleacher Report (never visited their page until now and it seems they are as much of a joke as I always heard they are) he did work for Sirius (satellite, are you serious?).  But the only other news agency that I saw him getting recognition from was over a year ago, the local affiliate for CBS in.......Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 12:44 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: I don;t care what kind of metrics you use.. to rank a 0-3 team over a 3-0 team that you just lost too is unreal and not logical with any type of metric you want to use.  and even if you do.. what metric do you suppose would have this guy put the Ravens above the Bengals ??  NONE.

Especially if you are the 3-0 team and you just got done beating the 0-3 team in their place and whooped a team that also beat them.  The guy opened his window when he was writing and common sense flew right out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 12:30 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Some of the metrics they use are not at all based on results and don't care about head to head.

Pro Football focus rated Aaron Rodgers a -2.0 for week 3.  Yes, Aaron Rodgers with 311 yards and 5 TD's, was ranked behind Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallett, Jameis Winston, Blake Bortles and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

What are they based on?  Hope?  Imagination?

Our offense is better.  Our defense is better.  Our record is better.  What is left?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 05:04 PM)McC Wrote: What are they based on?  Hope?  Imagination?

Our offense is better.  Our defense is better.  Our record is better.  What is left?

Well ... Baltimore Crab Cakes are better than Cincinnati Chili. I mean, I love Cincinnati Chili but I'd eat Baltimore Crab Cakes every time if given a choise between the two.
Reply/Quote
I never said the ranking was valid, haha.

I just pointed out that sometimes you will see "power rankings" that are exclusively based on statistics and metrics. They completely ignore records, head to head, how a team looks, etc.
Reply/Quote
mind=blown
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Bengals were ranked #1 in some power rankings around this time last year. #PowerRankingsAreWothless
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:13 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Maybe I am missing something so thought I would ask for some help on Bleacher Report power ranking after week 3.

Maybe he read the Ravens' W-L backwards. Maybe he's Flacco's secret lover.

In either case, he's a moron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:59 PM)Utts Wrote: Bengals were ranked #1 in some power rankings around this time last year. #PowerRankingsAreWothless

Did you actually read the post ??  this has nothing to do with where Bengals were or are.. but then again... but why should I be surprised about your lack of knowledge of a post to a specific thread 
Reply/Quote