Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloomberg might jump in the race
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/nyregion/bloomberg-sensing-an-opening-revisits-a-potential-white-house-run.html

Bloomberg has instructed his aides to draw up plans for a potential independent run
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Great he will have us all drinking in smaller cups
Just clearing up what I think I know. Anyone please clear up what I am missing:

The deadline for an independent to announce would be Aug (60 days before General Election)

The deadline for a Dem or Rep to announce is unofficially earlier. Most likely before the NH Primary (8 FEB) and definitely before Super Tuesday (1 MAR).

Missing Iowa effects no one.

Now question time:

What would happen if Hillary and/or Cruz won a primary in a certain state and then became ineligible ( Hillary a criminal, Cruz a Canadian)?

Does the state go to who came in 2nd or is there another vote?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-23-2016, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just clearing up what I think I know. Anyone please clear up what I am missing:

The deadline for an independent to announce would be Aug (60 days before General Election)

The deadline for a Dem or Rep to announce is unofficially earlier. Most likely before the NH Primary (8 FEB) and definitely before Super Tuesday (1 MAR).

Missing Iowa effects no  one.

Now question time:

What would happen if Hillary and/or Cruz won a primary in a certain state and then became ineligible ( Hillary a criminal, Cruz a Canadian)?

Does the state go to who came in 2nd or is there another vote?

I'm not sure what rules each party has in place currently. In '68, RFK's delegates were free to support any candidate. In essence, when you vote in the primary, you're voting for delegates who pledge for a candidate. With the GOP,There are rules that they must vote based on who won their state on the first ballot. If no one has a majority, they can vote however they want.

But they could vote for someone entirely different if the right circumstances occur. Warren G Harding was 6th in delegates at the 1920 GOP convention and won after 10 rounds of voting. The parties make up their own rules. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]