Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blow It Up
Trade every player over 30 that you can get a 1st to 3rd round pick for....rebuild it now....go draft your QB of the future (it is not Finley)...draft 2 more OL and a couple LBers...we still have a good core of young players to build around... Just do not wait and string it out... It needs to be done immediately..WHODEY
Reply/Quote
yup, the only people I would keep is Sam Hubbard and Tyler Boyd

Everyone else can be had
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:56 PM)corpjet Wrote: yup, the only people I would keep is Sam Hubbard and Tyler Boyd

Everyone else can be had

I would add the Alabama LT we drafted and Hopkins as a center. They need to be kept.

They also need a new Duke Tobin person- not sure of his title- and a serious investment in scouts.

None of this will happen. Mike will keep things as they are and no one will be traded.

Lost decade II here we come.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Trade every player over 30 that you can get a 1st to 3rd round pick for...

Soooooooooooooooooo basically we're only trading Geno Atkins?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:01 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I would add the Alabama LT we drafted and Hopkins as a center. They need to be kept.

They also need a new Duke Tobin person- not sure of his title- and a serious investment in scouts.

None of this will happen. Mike will keep things as they are and no one will be traded.

Lost decade II here we come.

Speaking of Duke Tobin... who is he? What exactly does he do? When did the organization hire him? Is he a Brown family relative? What are his qualifications? And most importantly... can he be fired?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Trade every player over 30 that you can get a 1st to 3rd round pick for....rebuild it now....go draft your QB of the future (it is not Finley)...draft 2 more OL and a couple LBers...we still have a good core of young players to build around...  Just do not wait and string it out...  It needs to be done immediately..WHODEY

The problem with the whole "blow it up" idea is that you're dependent on most of those draft picks actually panning out. If they don't, you're going to be stuck in rebuild mode for quite awhile. You also need to be able to supplement the roster with a few "quality" free agents to ease and quicken the transition. That still doesn't seem like something this front office is willing to do. 

While I do think this roster needs a major talent overhaul, the notion of them hitting on the majority of picks that may get and using free agency as a legit path to bolster the roster...well, let's just say I have concerns.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem with the whole "blow it up" idea is that your dependent on most of those draft picks actually panning out. If they don't, you're going to be stuck in rebuild mode for quite awhile. You also need to be able to supplement the roster with a few "quality" free agents to ease and quicken the transition. That still doesn't seem like something this front office is willing to do. 

While I do think this roster needs a major talent overhaul, the notion of them hitting on the majority of picks that may get and using free agency as a legit path to bolster the roster...well, let's just say I have concerns.  Whatever

Yep. Teams that have quick turnarounds usually it's because of a productive free agency and hitting on their top 3 draft picks. Good luck getting that here in Cincy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Blowing it up isn't really practical. This isn't Madden and there's a limit to what you can do. There are very few guys on this roster that will bring a first or second rounder.

That being said, here are a few moves that would return the value that the Bengals need:

1. I hate it, but if the rumors of the Bengals being able to get a first rounder for AJ Green, you have to do it.
2. Carlos Dunlap. There are a few teams that need a good pass rusher. He could be a nice addition for a team looking for a pass rusher.
3. Geno Atkins. You don't hear much about him, but if you could get a late first/2nd rounder, have at it.

Another idea that may make sense:

Trent Williams for AJ Green straight up. Both in their 30s, Williams wants out and Washington could use a guy like AJ for Haskins development.
Reply/Quote
I read you can now visit Chernobyl if you wear a hazmat suit.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I read you can now visit Chernobyl if you wear a hazmat suit.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
I can show you statistics but do not want to bore you all. Bengals need more first rounders in upcoming drafts. Well, at least in theory. I say this because the Bengals first rounders have a higher miss rate or are injured than most teams.

The statistics show that first rounders (except for Bengals) have a 67% staying power compared to later rounds which indicates better talented players. Jakeypoo stated this and others that the FO needs to bring in blue chip FA this next year, like 1 OT and 1 backer (Think Littleton). They cannot fix this team just by the draft. Quit bringing in washed-out vets and over paying them.

2018 first rounder is not even starting. 2019 first rounder is injured and there are questions if he can play OT given his short arms. I am lower my expectations on Williams because given the Bengal history it is likely they move him to guard if he cannot handle LT.

Tobin really needs to be fired. The FO needs to extend the drafting personnel by about 10 people.

PLEASE STOP DRAFTING TALENTED BUT INJURED PLAYERS! STOP! I say this because there is a rumor that teams knew about Williams shoulder injury prior to the draft (again it is just rumored). That he tweaked it during the season and had issues. Also, Rodney Anderson, talented as hell, but damn his luck is Titanic bad.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Blowing it up isn't really practical.  This isn't Madden and there's a limit to what you can do.  There are very few guys on this roster that will bring a first or second rounder.

That being said, here are a few moves that would return the value that the Bengals need:

1.  I hate it, but if the rumors of the Bengals being able to get a first rounder for AJ Green, you have to do it.
2.  Carlos Dunlap.  There are a few teams that need a good pass rusher.  He could be a nice addition for a team looking for a pass rusher.
3.  Geno Atkins.  You don't hear much about him, but if you could get a late first/2nd rounder, have at it.

Another idea that may make sense:

Trent Williams for AJ Green straight up. Both in their 30s, Williams wants out and Washington could use a guy like AJ for Haskins development.

T Williams has injury history that given this Bengal team will expand into a bone bruise that last 6 years...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:56 PM)corpjet Wrote: yup, the only people I would keep is Sam Hubbard and Tyler Boyd

Everyone else can be had

I wouldn't trade Billings.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem with the whole "blow it up" idea is that you're dependent on most of those draft picks actually panning out. If they don't, you're going to be stuck in rebuild mode for quite awhile. You also need to be able to supplement the roster with a few "quality" free agents to ease and quicken the transition. That still doesn't seem like something this front office is willing to do. 

Dalton, Glenn, ASmith, AJ, Eifert, Los, Geno, PBrown, Vigil, Dretoast.

Those are the guys i would try and trade and if i coun't get anything for them, they'd be cut next year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: T Williams has injury history that given this Bengal team will expand into a bone bruise that last 6 years...

True, but it would provide some immediate impact without losing a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, we all know who would be wasting all those draft picks
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:35 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Unfortunately,  we all know who would be wasting all those draft picks

This is true.  Drafts picks do not change anything unless you have a competent GM (Fire Tobin) and expand the draft personnel to NFL standards...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I think we need to trade for picks, BUT IF we do and miss on a bunch, we'll be 90's level bad for years.

Of course, we're there now and guys like AJ and Mixon will likely leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't trade Billings.

Billings will be expensive and doesn't play a premium position. You might be able to get a comp 3rd pick for him in a trade. Plus we have  Topu, Glasgow, and Wrenn at nose for the future.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton, Glenn, ASmith, AJ, Eifert, Los, Geno, PBrown, Vigil, Dretoast.

Those are the guys i would try and trade and if i coun't get anything for them, they'd be cut next year. 

Why trade Geno & Los there good players on team friendly deals? Also we have full control of AJ with the franchise Tag? Why trade him.
Eifert is the only one of those guys I would trade before the deadline(to be clear I would cut Smith, Brown, and Vigil. It's not even worth the effort looking for a trade partner there) but you probably get a 6th in return.
I would trade Dalton in the off-season probably can get a third or 4th in return for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote