Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blowing leads
(08-31-2018, 09:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is absolutely impossible to even know. 

Of course it is  Whatever But it stirs up drama and gets him attention so of course it was said. 

Do not engage the Fred
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is absolutely impossible to even know. 

Guess we'll find out after Fred researches every game over the last 16 years Lolol
Reply/Quote
Back in 2015 after the epic meltdown I had declared that I was done with this team once and for all.  Since then I've decided that they can do no wrong and no matter how bad they ever become I'll remain a loyal Bengalteer (kind of like the Mousekateers.. Meesky mooseka mouseketeers..Bengatoon time now is here ) the rest of my natural born life..
I just had to reference the Mickey Mouse Club now didn't I?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 11:43 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: I know it's just preseason but if I see them do this shit in a regular season game I'm done with this team until M. Lewis is gone...and M. Brown is dead.

And I've been a fan since this team became a franchise in 68 and I just don't have enough time left in my life.
For this team to go to a run,run,run,and punt everytime they go up by two scores.

Let's face it our team still can't run the ball good enough to run the clock out. We need offensive linemen bad the right side of the line is still bad .

Bye
Reply/Quote
I mean...we had a rookie wide receiver playing safety on that last drive...

There was no way that wasn't going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean...we had a rookie wide receiver playing safety on that last drive...

There was no way that wasn't going to happen.

A 5'8" 178 pounder at that.  Not exactly NFL safety material.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

That's how Fred is. He'll have really good posts and then out of no where say something like that. To say the 2nd longest tenured coach never lost a game for being too conservative is silly. High level trolling right there
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 11:43 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: I know it's just preseason but if I see them do this shit in a regular season game I'm done with this team until M. Lewis is gone...and M. Brown is dead.

And I've been a fan since this team became a franchise in 68 and I just don't have enough time left in my life.
For this team to go to a run,run,run,and punt everytime they go up by two scores.

Let's face it our team still can't run the ball good enough to run the clock out. We need offensive linemen bad the right side of the line is still bad .

dude can you learn perspective...

most the guys on the field last night when we lost the lead wont be in the league in a week.

but yes please leave over posting this garbage
Reply/Quote

Although I get the frustration at MB and ML, and I think I know what you mean (to conservative) ?

If you're going to quit on your team for blowing a lead you're going to quit on every other team as well. Every team does it from time to time !
Reply/Quote

Hahaha..  Hilarious  you wish! Once a Bengal, always a Bengal.. Tiger .. you'll be back for more and more and more... it's just the way it is. You can't undo fate. Your finger tips may type it, but you know you'll be watching and loving it while bitching too at the same time. Who-dey!

On a side note,  my goal when I get old is to be a grumpy old man, my family has been forewarned. Yes
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: A 5'8" 178 pounder at that.  Not exactly NFL safety material.. lol 

Little guy made a tackle though.....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 08:22 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah but the point is the starters did not blow the lead, so making your big declaration about quitting the Bengals is a TAD premature.  If you've been around that long you should know better.

Good to see you back, Bonnie!
Reply/Quote

Then it is impossible to complain about.

Glad we won't be hearing that old whine again.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote:  To say the 2nd longest tenured coach never lost a game for being too conservative is silly. 

It is even more silly for people to complain about soemthing that has never happened.

I have never heard so much whining about something that no one is able to give an example of ever happening.

If it is such a huge problem then I think someone should be able to give an example of when it actually happened.  And if no one can give an example then everyone needs to stop crying about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is even more silly for people to complain about soemthing that has never happened.

I have never heard so much whining about something that no one is able to give an example of ever happening.

If it is such a huge problem then I think someone should be able to give an example of when it actually happened.  And if no one can give an example then everyone needs to stop crying about it.

Cardinals game in 2015 we played prevent defense and let the cards march down the field. We play prevent defense when we have the lead and it let's the other teams just nickle and dime us. I'm sure I can find plenty of examples of that happening, and I'm sure I could find plenty of examples of them playing a more conservative offense too, but I wont have access to a computer until Tuesday and I doubt I will have the time to look it up. Hes 100% lost games because of that and you're over exaggerating a lot. Does he lose more games than most coaches in the NFL from being conservative? Don't know, but my guess would be its above average.
Reply/Quote

Not aarguing with fred on this point. But it has definitely happened. 

Like Marvin more than most but his clock management and trying to sit on a lead too early is my only complaints with him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 08:24 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’m glad they blew it. Going 4-0 in the preseason is ominous.

Agree and actually was hoping we would drOP that game. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:08 AM)motoarch Wrote: I comprehend just fine old man.  Take a phosphate and drink a gin and tonic or whatever it is old men do and relax. justs smoke a fatty 
This old man usually just smokes a fatty to unwind. 
Tonight's flavor is a pineapple express mixed with some OG. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then it is impossible to complain about.

Glad we won't be hearing that old whine again.

All those times the Bengals jumped out to a lead and then got outscored, bigtime, in the second half, must be coincidence. 

How many damn times has a Bengals fan seen this team come out of the gate hot and not even be able to sustain it for 60 minutes?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All those times the Bengals jumped out to a lead and then got outscored, bigtime, in the second half, must be coincidence. 

How many damn times has a Bengals fan seen this team come out of the gate hot and not even be able to sustain it for 60 minutes?

Really though, that has less to do with playing conservative and more to do with Merv's view that half time adjustments aren't a thing,....
Reply/Quote