Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Board Fantasy Baseball League
(03-29-2018, 11:31 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Worse than Bruce Coslet?

(03-30-2018, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How can a Bengals fan pick anyone other than Dave Shula? The man broke the record for quickest to 50 losses. A record that will probably stand forever (although this is partially due to Mikey's patience, something other teams would never stand for).

The guy didn't even wear a headset and his players treated him like he was a joke. Rich Kotite was awful with the Jets, but was pretty good with the Eagles, and even has 1 more playoff win than Marvin Lewis.

You know, I completely forgot about Shula.

Indeed, the worst by far lol.

EDIT:* though, Kotite's Wikipedia page is damning: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Kotite
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 04:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know, I completely forgot about Shula.

Indeed, the worst by far lol.

EDIT:* though, Kotite's Wikipedia page is damning: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Kotite

Don't get me wrong, Kotite sucked. After a solid start, he went 4-35 to end his coaching career. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
0 n 7..beat that
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How can a Bengals fan pick anyone other than Dave Shula? The man broke the record for quickest to 50 losses. A record that will probably stand forever (although this is partially due to Mikey's patience, something other teams would never stand for).

The guy didn't even wear a headset and his players treated him like he was a joke. Rich Kotite was awful with the Jets, but was pretty good with the Eagles, and even has 1 more playoff win than Marvin Lewis.

In Shula's defense, he had nothing to work with.

In his first year in 1992, he didn't have the SB stars (Eddie Brown, James Brooks, Ickey, Montoya, Remington) etc. Also, Munoz, Fulcher, and Holman were all at tail end of their careers and were off the roster the next year.

Although Boomer had some success as a Jet, his arm was gone by 1992. In an interview he said that he had to throw the deep hitch routes high and wide, so they wouldn't get picked.

So Shula took over a Team that had finished 3-13 in 1991 and had a 5-11 record in his first year in 1992. Coincidentally, 1991 is when PB Sr died and Jr took over. 

Thus; the O-line was never successfully replenished after losing Montoya, Remington, and Munoz. Klingler couldn't succeed because he was running for his life and the running game went south. 
Reply/Quote
I know this thread is just a flashing billboard but I gotta say, when I read the title, I feel the urge to jump in with a hell yeah and then rep the hell outa everyone who agrees with me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 08:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: In Shula's defense, he had nothing to work with.

In his first year in 1992, he didn't have the SB stars (Eddie Brown, James Brooks, Ickey, Montoya, Remington) etc. Also, Munoz, Fulcher, and Holman were all at tail end of their careers and were off the roster the next year.

Although Boomer had some success as a Jet, his arm was gone by 1992. In an interview he said that he had to throw the deep hitch routes high and wide, so they wouldn't get picked.

So Shula took over a Team that had finished 3-13 in 1991 and had a 5-11 record in his first year in 1992. Coincidentally, 1991 is when PB Sr died and Jr took over. 

Thus; the O-line was never successfully replenished after losing Montoya, Remington, and Munoz. Klingler couldn't succeed because he was running for his life and the running game went south. 
He got sacked TEN TIMES in his first game.  The Klingler Bengals made me weep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 08:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: In Shula's defense, he had nothing to work with.

'member the night he almost beat the old man but the Bengals choked in the end?  MNF maybe?  That was the highlight of Dave's coaching career.  That and almost beating the Cowboys that one time.  But hey, the man knows steak.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 09:55 PM)McC Wrote: I know this thread is just a flashing billboard but I gotta say, when I read the title, I feel the urge to jump in with a hell yeah and then rep the hell outa everyone who agrees with me.

I agree with you

(03-31-2018, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: 'member the night he almost beat the old man but the Bengals choked in the end?  MNF maybe?  That was the highlight of Dave's coaching career.  That and almost beating the Cowboys that one time.  But hey, the man knows steak.

Especially tube, the man's a choker
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 10:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I agree with you

Especially tube, the man's a choker

[Image: latest?cb=20130311221717]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: He got sacked TEN TIMES in his first game.  The Klingler Bengals made me weep.

First half of the Cleveland game, he was almost perfect. Ken Anderson had worked with him the entire summer.

Second half, I remember on one drive, he got sacked three times.

The Kid was an incredible athlete with a laser arm.
Reply/Quote
Yet Marvin is a lock to be in the Bengals HOF.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
If you want a thread to have more visibility, reach out to Administration and see if they can make an announcement on the home page instead of purposefully posting threads in the wrong forums.
Reply/Quote
sigh......
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: sigh......

Haven't heard of this player. Are you considering drafting him?   Mellow
Reply/Quote