Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Board Fantasy Baseball League
(03-21-2018, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pulled me in with that thread.

Love baseball, and I have always wanted to try out a FB League, but never given it a try yet.

Count me in.

I’m in too. I am the opposite have always done a football league and wanted to try a baseball.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 01:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I’m in too.    I am the opposite have always done a football league and wanted to try a baseball.

FB League = Fantasy Baseball League, at least in my usage of it.

Didn't think about FB = Football, because I have always referred to it as FF (Fantasy Football) League.

- - - - - - -

Either way, that's four!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We're up to 4 already. Folks should get in on this.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 02:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: FB League = Fantasy Baseball League, at least in my usage of it.

Didn't think about FB = Football, because I have always referred to it as FF (Fantasy Football) League.

- - - - - - -

Either way, that's four!

Good to know. Yup I’m in
Reply/Quote
As the only team in the NL Central that's going to be worse than the Reds, are any of you guys interested in avoiding the 2018 Pirates season by starting a new fantasy baseball league? You could even draft McCutchen and not have to trade him away to avoid paying him money!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues

Bfine is making a new league, looks like probably Yahoo. We have 4 people interested so far. I think we're looking for at least 12.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 02:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We're up to 4 already. Folks should get in on this.

Well I had it in Jungle Noise and PnR, in an effort to get more traffic;  however, the mods pulled it. Must not have met their strict guidelines of the threads that are allowed in those forums. 

But yeah, I think we're at 5. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I had it in Jungle Noise and PnR, in an effort to get more traffic;  however, the mods pulled it. Must not have met their strict guidelines of the threads that are allowed in those forums. 

But yeah, I think we're at 5. 

I threw something up in Smack Talk, and made it a smack talking recruitment post, so it *should* be okay-ish? Lol

Hard to get much attention on an off-path thread.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As the only team in the NL Central that's going to be worse than the Reds, are any of you guys interested in avoiding the 2018 Pirates season by starting a new fantasy baseball league? You could even draft McCutchen and not have to trade him away to avoid paying him money!

Bfine is making a new league, looks like probably Yahoo. We have 4 people interested so far. I think we're looking for at least 12.

Are there happy Pirates fans?

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 09:41 PM)Bryan Wrote: Are there Pirates fans?

FIFY
Reply/Quote
Die hard yinzers fill that place up*
Reply/Quote
*that one year
Reply/Quote
Think Colin Moran will be a good player for them although not a huge fan of Pirates.

One of my fantasy sleepers this year and will have 1st and 3rd eligibility and can be drafted for free practically.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As the only team in the NL Central that's going to be worse than the Reds, are any of you guys interested in avoiding the 2018 Pirates season by starting a new fantasy baseball league? You could even draft McCutchen and not have to trade him away to avoid paying him money!

This is the smack forum, man.  You're supposed to assume that we are incapable of resisting the bandwagon and have become Astos fans by now.   LOL
Reply/Quote

I always assumed Steeler's fans don't live close to Pittsburgh and have no alliance with other Pittsburgh teams
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm in a league with some of the ole school board members? It is a ten team keeper league. We have been doing it consistently for the past decade. This year we have 1 or 2 memebersthat may drop out. It is ithout a doubt, hands down, the most challenging, & fun FANTASY League that I have ever been involved with, seriously! It's better than FFB & FBB.

Hit me up if anyone's interested. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 06:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always assumed Steeler's fans don't live close to Pittsburgh and have no alliance with other Pittsburgh teams

That's more like it!
Reply/Quote
I created the league. It is Yahoo H2H. If we get 8-10 we will roll with it; if not I will delete

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/156116/invitation?key=a20cb1e028aba31b&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=4b557e09385cfd8a
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 02:21 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm in a league with some of the ole school board members? It is a ten team keeper league. We have been doing it consistently for the past decade. This year we have 1 or 2 memebersthat may drop out. It is ithout a doubt, hands down, the most challenging, & fun FANTASY League that I have ever been involved with, seriously! It's better than FFB & FBB.

Hit me up if anyone's interested. Thanks!

Am in a very fun but serious league as well.

fantasy baseball is way better and harder than football. So many different draft strategies.   

If you guys do not get enough players let me know and may jump in.

But the league I am already in takes a lot of maintenance being it is daily line up changes with minor league taxi squads. 

Will wing it if needed but if you find enough then let others play. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any board members interested? If we get 10-12. I will create a league. Let me know if you are interested and if you prefer rotisserie or Head to Head

I'm interested. I'm in 3 leagues on CBS Sports.  I could do this one.  I would like it to be both AL and NL players.  Hopefully not one you have to adjust players every day of season.  Once a week is plenty.  Yahoo last year was an every day thing, 162 days of that, became a pain in the astroturf
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 06:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always assumed Steeler's fans don't live close to Pittsburgh and have no alliance with other Pittsburgh teams

Nah, this time of year, fans in Pittsburgh are just as passionate about their Pens as they are in the fall about the Steelers.  Especially since they're going for their 3rd consecutive Stanley Cup Championship. 

I'm sure the fans in Cincy have the same passion for THEIR hockey tea........wait...what?  Oops, sorry...nevermind.
Reply/Quote