Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Board Fantasy Baseball League
Just wanted to let folks know that the board fantasy baseball league drafts tomorrow at 6:45, We have 7 and can take up to 5 more. Go to the fantasy sub-forum if interested.

Oh, and Marvin sux.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You got me again.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You got me again.

Lol me too

Reply/Quote
Not sure if he is the worst coach in history but he does have the worst playoff record in NFL history so there's that.
Reply/Quote
All right. We are up to 8, we have a league. Still have room for 4 more if you want in.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to let folks know that the board fantasy baseball league drafts tomorrow at 6:45, We have 7 and can take up to 5 more. Go to the fantasy sub-forum if interested.

Oh, and Marvin sux.

[Image: knt6X5T.gif]

But I wasn't fooled
[Image: ZxUlyLm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Far from the worst ever, but also far from the best  .
I'm thinking this is the year we find out if Marvin has been held back with inferior assistant coaches or if he's been what's held things back .
I'm well aware that many here and elsewhere think Marvin is a horrible HC, but we also know he's been working for one of, if not THE worst owner in the league. 
Time and results will be what really gives us the definitive answers.
Marvin has always left me feeling like the glass is always half full /half empty type of coach, but there's been a lot of speculation that we've been hung with a lousy offensive line coach for the past few decades along with other assistants who just didn't cut it.
I, along with most everyone else was ready to cut loose of Marvin ,but he's still around so we have no choice but to see how things pan out. 
The optimist in me wants to believe Marvin with the right assistants and players can take this team far. The pessimist in me feels completely the opposite that Marvin will never have what it takes. This season and perhaps next season will be the defining seasons, make or break . I would love nothing better than to find out that it's been ownership and assistants holding the team back all along because we gain nothing by finger pointing at the head coach especially if we go on to celebrate a true championship season.. We have the love/hate thing with Marvin (or at least some do) and I'd love to see Marvin go out with a championship once and for all instead of leaving with his tail tucked away .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 11:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: When is the draft? I might be interested

It's today.  Go to 2nd page on this and find Bfine32 post where he has site in orange and click on it.  

I just tried some Yahoo Mock Drafts. First 2, I was clicking on players names but not doing anything. It went into auto draft mode after 2nd non pick.  My 3rd draft I found if you click on name it goes to top of screen and THERE you hit DRAFT. 

I did OK from there, except site was sticking for me.  I like to build list of players by typing in names, and that was going slow.  Going from All Players, to Pitchers to Catchers was very slow.  I suggest you don't be pulling up things 4 spots before you draft or sooner.  It sticks and you can't draft.  

Unlike CBS, Yahoo won't let you into Draft Room early to build list. It lets you in just in time to start draft.  If you are 1st up, those 60 seconds will go fast as you try to find your player and draft him.  Once in, you can build a list or just go off their top player list all through draft.  After you draft and you don't draft for a few spots, maybe try to type in names of players you aren't seeing , and if not drafted, add them to your side list. It locked up a lot for me, so good luck. I still got my picks in unless it really locked up. Not much you can do when that happens. 

REMEMBER :  To make a draft pick, you click on player and go to top of screen where it shows your player up there and you then hit draft button. It's really too many buttons and clicks, but what are you going to do. It is what it is. ....If you just keep clicking players name, nothing will happen and computer will finish your draft.  YOU HAVE TO ALSO CLICK PLAYER AGAIN AT TOP and HIT DRAFT BUTTON.  

I suggest trying some Yahoo mock drafts just to get the hang of it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 04:29 AM)kevin Wrote: It's today.  Go to 2nd page on this and find Bfine32 post where he has site in orange and click on it.  

I just tried some Yahoo Mock Drafts. First 2, I was clicking on players names but not doing anything. It went into auto draft mode after 2nd non pick.  My 3rd draft I found if you click on name it goes to top of screen and THERE you hit DRAFT. 

I did OK from there, except site was sticking for me.  I like to build list of players by typing in names, and that was going slow.  Going from All Players, to Pitchers to Catchers was very slow.  I suggest you don't be pulling up things 4 spots before you draft or sooner.  It sticks and you can't draft.  

Unlike CBS, Yahoo won't let you into Draft Room early to build list. It lets you in just in time to start draft.  If you are 1st up, those 60 seconds will go fast as you try to find your player and draft him.  Once in, you can build a list or just go off their top player list all through draft.  After you draft and you don't draft for a few spots, maybe try to type in names of players you aren't seeing , and if not drafted, add them to your side list. It locked up a lot for me, so good luck. I still got my picks in unless it really locked up. Not much you can do when that happens. 

REMEMBER :  To make a draft pick, you click on player and go to top of screen where it shows your player up there and you then hit draft button. It's really too many buttons and clicks, but what are you going to do. It is what it is. ....If you just keep clicking players name, nothing will happen and computer will finish your draft.  YOU HAVE TO ALSO CLICK PLAYER AGAIN AT TOP and HIT DRAFT BUTTON.  

I suggest trying some Yahoo mock drafts just to get the hang of it. 

Here's the link from bfine's post:

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/156116/invitation?key=a20cb1e028aba31b&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=4b557e09385cfd8a
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
GRAMPS HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET OUR ATTENTION!!!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey we're up to 9, we need 1 more. If you've never done Fantasy Baseball before, it is very casual. Pretty much st and forget. All the action occurs on the waiver wires, much more than football. It also gives you an added reason to watch/track games you normally wouldn't.

Also, thanks to the mods for letting this ride out. I fully accept deletion of the thread after 6:45 tonight. That's the draft.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:13 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: GRAMPS HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET OUR ATTENTION!!!

Hence my short attention span .. I'm not good with misdirection.. 

It's kind of like me posting a title 'Mikey found dead in my shop from a table saw accident! ' then go on to talk about my adventures in stopping to put air in a tire..  and by the way Mikey's never been in my shop. He'd have been buried under 500 pounds of sawdust and nobody would have ever heard about it ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to let folks know that the board fantasy baseball league drafts tomorrow at 6:45, We have 7 and can take up to 5 more. Go to the fantasy sub-forum if interested.

Oh, and Marvin sux.

OK, and it's up yo 9 members with 7 hours to go.  I'm thinking maybe people trying to create a team on Yahoo see this league today and help fill her up. 

I was going to say he's not even the worst in Bengals History.  That honor is shared by Homer Rice, Dave Shula, Bruce Coslett and Dick LeBeau as head coaches.  Now Coslett and Lebeau were good for Bengals as either player or assistant coach.  Tiger Johnson actually had winning season, just no play-off, but less play-off teams back then.  For 2 coaches that added nothing to this team, it has to be Homer Rice and Dave Shula in a tie for Worst Bengals Coach Ever. 

Anyway, great way to get this back on Main Board.  Also good job setting up Bengals Fantasy Baseball Draft League. 

In draft today,  the Yahoo is tricky.  You have to click on player you want and then go to top where his picture and name pops up and you have to hit DRAFT PLAYER button up there also.  Just clicking on player on list won't draft him, that only moves him up to top of site where you then have to click again in DRAFT PLAYER.   I hope this helps somebody, because it it took me a couple mock drafts to find how to draft on this Yahoo site.  CBS was much easier. 

For those interested, MLB again has Beat The Streak.   Each day you can pick players to try to beat Joe Dimaggio's hit streak. You can pick different players each day.  Nobody has done it the last few years I've played it.  If you do it, you would win Million Dollars and it is free to try.  They do have a cash prize for whoever has the longest hit streak in 2018.  Opening Day I'm doubling down with Altuve and Ichiro back in Seattle as night Pete came back to Cincy.  I'll either start with 2 game hitting streak or a goose egg. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 01:27 PM)kevin Wrote: OK, and it's up yo 9 members with 7 hours to go.  I'm thinking maybe people trying to create a team on Yahoo see this league today and help fill her up. 

I was going to say he's not even the worst in Bengals History.  That honor is shared by Homer Rice, Dave Shula, Bruce Coslett and Dick LeBeau as head coaches.  Now Coslett and Lebeau were good for Bengals as either player or assistant coach.  Tiger Johnson actually had winning season, just no play-off, but less play-off teams back then.  For 2 coaches that added nothing to this team, it has to be Homer Rice and Dave Shula in a tie for Worst Bengals Coach Ever. 

Anyway, great way to get this back on Main Board.  Also good job setting up Bengals Fantasy Baseball Draft League. 

In draft today,  the Yahoo is tricky.  You have to click on player you want and then go to top where his picture and name pops up and you have to hit DRAFT PLAYER button up there also.  Just clicking on player on list won't draft him, that only moves him up to top of site where you then have to click again in DRAFT PLAYER.   I hope this helps somebody, because it it took me a couple mock drafts to find how to draft on this Yahoo site.  CBS was much easier. 

For those interested, MLB again has Beat The Streak.   Each day you can pick players to try to beat Joe Dimaggio's hit streak. You can pick different players each day.  Nobody has done it the last few years I've played it.  If you do it, you would win Million Dollars and it is free to try.  They do have a cash prize for whoever has the longest hit streak in 2018.  Opening Day I'm doubling down with Altuve and Ichiro back in Seattle as night Pete came back to Cincy.  I'll either start with 2 game hitting streak or a goose egg. 

If we get to 4 PM and are not full (or at 10) I will open it up to the public. 

Reply/Quote
Insert Master Baiter Pic here
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Somewhat on the topic of the title, I think Rich Kotite is the worst coach ever by far lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 10:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Somewhat on the topic of the title, I think Rich Kotite is the worst coach ever by far lol

Worse than Bruce Coslet?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 10:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Somewhat on the topic of the title, I think Rich Kotite is the worst coach ever by far lol

How can a Bengals fan pick anyone other than Dave Shula? The man broke the record for quickest to 50 losses. A record that will probably stand forever (although this is partially due to Mikey's patience, something other teams would never stand for).

The guy didn't even wear a headset and his players treated him like he was a joke. Rich Kotite was awful with the Jets, but was pretty good with the Eagles, and even has 1 more playoff win than Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How can a Bengals fan pick anyone other than Dave Shula? The man broke the record for quickest to 50 losses. A record that will probably stand forever (although this is partially due to Mikey's patience, something other teams would never stand for).

The guy didn't even wear a headset and his players treated him like he was a joke. Rich Kotite was awful with the Jets, but was pretty good with the Eagles, and even has 1 more playoff win than Marvin Lewis.
On Bengals it has to be a tie between Homer Rice and Dave Shula.  We have to ease up on Coslett and LeBeau because they were assistant coaches that got us to Super Bowl.  Homer Rice and Dave Shula in a tie for worst Bengals Head Coach ever. These 2 coaches not only never had a winning season, they never came close. They were always around 4 win type seasons. Just awful seasons. Homer Rice and Dave Shula, just awful seasons.  Under these coaches, the team got weak. At least that's what Forrest Gregg said coming in after Rice, that the problem with Bengals is they are too weak, and it was his goal to toughen them up. He did, all the way to Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote