Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board suggestions
There are some things I believe should be imported from the old site such as the tiger that I always used when posting a thread or reply.

Renaming the water cooler 'klotsch'

Adding all team emoticons and some other things that I may bring up later.

Of course this all contingent on what everyone else thinks and I have no idea what's involved in making those things happen. But I thought maybe a discussion is in order and even though we're starting fresh, some familiarity would make for a better transition. Place looks nice though and I'm excited!

One big problem I'm having at the moment is pop up adds or rerouting. Can this be fixed?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
What browser are you using? I have chrome and I'm using adblockerplus and I'm not having any popup issues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:06 PM)treee Wrote: What browser are you using? I have chrome and I'm using adblockerplus and I'm not having any popup issues.

Same here, adblocker is really good on Chrome so I didn't even know that was an issue for anyone.

And a suggestion would be to give us whatever the different rep setting options are in a poll and have us vote for what one is best.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: There are some things I believe should be imported from the old site such as the tiger that I always used when posting a thread or reply.

Renaming the water cooler 'klotsch'

Adding all team emoticons and some other things that I may bring up later.

Of course this all contingent on what everyone else thinks and I have no idea what's involved in making those things happen. But I thought maybe a discussion is in order and even though we're starting fresh, some familiarity would make for a better transition. Place looks nice though and I'm excited!

One big problem I'm having at the moment is pop up adds or rerouting. Can this be fixed?

I thought about using both Jungle Noise and Klotsch, but didn't know if Bengals.com had some kind of rights to those particular names, since they are unique to that site. What does everyone think? 
Reply/Quote
Quote:I thought about using both Jungle Noise and Klotsch, but didn't know if Bengals.com had some kind of rights to those particular names, since they unique. What does everyone think? 

I'm sure it's alright. The only legal ramifications would be if they had a copyright or trademark on klotsch (comes from joefromflo) and jungle noise (too generic) which I'm sure they don't.

Also, is there any way we can set the default to show 25 replies per page like the old board? Thanks guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I thought about using both Jungle Noise and Klotsch, but didn't know if Bengals.com had some kind of rights to those particular names, since they are unique to that site. What does everyone think? 

I would if it's an easy change...worst that will happen is they'll tell you to change it or else! If that happens just change it, but I highly doubt it'll be an issue.

(05-11-2015, 08:30 PM)treee Wrote:
Also, is there any way we can set the default to show 25 replies per page like the old board? Thanks guys.

I believe that is a personal setting in the change settings area of your profile. I think I set mine to 50 or something.

Oh cool, I made two posts in a row and it combined them lol worked out well...make that 3
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I would if it's an easy change...worst that will happen is they'll tell you to change it or else! If that happens just change it, but I highly doubt it'll be an issue.

I believe that is a personal setting in the change settings area of your profile. I think I set mine to 50 or something.

Oh cool, I made to posts in a row and it combined them lol worked out well...make that 3

Yea I noticed it combines them too! This place has some neat features.
Reply/Quote
Yeah 'jungle noise' and 'klotsch' are staples for us. I think we should use them.

Here's something I suggested at the old site regarding choosing mods. We need to decide how many we'll have. This should be voted d on. How many admins? This should be voted on as well. Then we need to create a list and vote on that then vote on the finalists. 3 admins/ 3 mods? 2/3? You get the picture. But holic, I'd really consider keeping some tech savvy guy around who can make changes and upgrades. I think Cin can do that but I'm not sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:40 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Yeah 'jungle noise' and 'klotsch' are staples for us. I think we should use them.

Here's something I suggested at the old site regarding choosing mods. We need to decide how many we'll have. This should be voted d on. How many admins? This should be voted on as well. Then we need to create a list and vote on that then vote on the finalists. 3 admins/ 3 mods? 2/3? You get the picture. But holic, I'd really consider keeping some tech savvy guy around who can make changes and upgrades. I think Cin can do that but I'm not sure.

I think the number of mods should depend on how many members we have. Like maybe 1 mod for every 200 members or so.
Reply/Quote
First of all mad props to the guys getting this off the ground.

Secondly. I think the AFC North Forum is useless. Those folks usually communicate through around the NFL or Smack Talk.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I miss the feature where you could hover your mouse on a thread title, and you could read the first post. Keeps from having to open the thread to see what it was about.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all mad props to the guys getting this off the ground.

Secondly. I think the AFC North Forum is useless. Those folks usually communicate through around the NFL or Smack Talk.

We used to have an AFC North forum on the other board. It was running smoothly, I don't know why it was taken down.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all mad props to the guys getting this off the ground.

Funny you mention the North forum. I was thinking earlier about taking that down and putting up a Bengals Media Vault forun...where people could post old pics, videos, articles, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Funny you mention the North forum. I was thinking earlier about taking that down and putting up a Bengals Media Vault forun...where people could post old pics, videos, articles, etc.

I started some of the fun threads we had in the game room, as well as the Lounge. Apologies if I stepped out of bounds, but I was board and wanted to kick start some of the old threads a lot of people jumped in on. Plus now we can skyrocket our post counts again Rolleyes

Also no one else might want this but I want the Denny thumbs up emote back and the Joe thumbs down tht went away years ago when I think they banned him.

Also someone find Joe Tongue
Reply/Quote
What's the difference between rep and thanks?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between rep and thanks?

I asked the same question. Rep is no different from the other board. Thanks can be seen publicly on thread it's assigned to.

(05-11-2015, 09:19 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I started some of the fun threads we had in the game room, as well as the Lounge. Apologies if I stepped out of bounds, but I was board and wanted to kick start some of the old threads a lot of people jumped in on. Plus now we can skyrocket our post counts again  Rolleyes

Also no one else might want this but I want the Denny thumbs up emote back and the Joe thumbs down tht went away years ago when I think they banned him.

Also someone find Joe  Tongue

I didn't want to be this picky this early, but I'll add that there's no LOL emote.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is there any way to get threads to display the newest posts first?

I love opening threads and seeing the newest posts, rather than having to scroll down through all of them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is there any way to get threads to display the newest posts first?

I love opening threads and seeing the newest posts, rather than having to scroll down through all of them.

I having been wondering the same thing all day. Asked in another thread but no one seems to know. I really prefer to read that way as well. If anyone knows please reply!
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is there any way to get threads to display the newest posts first?

I haven't had this issue. I see the newest first.

Man I hope this board gets going. I think we should end the old board on our terms not on theirs and just decide to leave it at an earlier date than they are closing it.

Is there a way to get the quote function to show the text in italics?

As it stands it is a bit difficult to discern which post is which.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:19 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I haven't had this issue. I see the newest first.

Man I hope this board gets going. I think we should end the old board on our terms not on theirs and just decide to leave it at an earlier date than they are closing it.

Is there a way to get the quote function to show the text in italics?

As it stands it is a bit difficult to discern which post is which.

You can always highlight and hit italics, but I agree it would be nice if there was a default setting to make everyone stand out a little more. Don't know if there is a setting to change that but I'm sure they will look into it when they get a chance
Reply/Quote