Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board suggestions
(05-11-2015, 09:10 PM)Bryan Wrote: We used to have an AFC North forum on the other board. It was running smoothly, I don't know why it was taken down.

Yea, I liked it. Otherwise smack was just filled with non smack news or attempts to objectively rate players in the division in a forum whose basis is to be as subjective as possible.

I third or fourth the request for P&R.

It won't be home without it. Though, I could see an issue with it in that some may make alt accounts to flame or flood it.

Do you make a post count minimum to get in or just make it invite (you request an invite and a mod grants it knowing you're an old board member or one here who clearly isn't a troll account).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: There are some things I believe should be imported from the old site such as the tiger that I always used when posting a thread or reply.

Renaming the water cooler 'klotsch'

Adding all team emoticons and some other things that I may bring up later.

Of course this all contingent on what everyone else thinks and I have no idea what's involved in making those things happen. But I thought maybe a discussion is in order and even though we're starting fresh, some familiarity would make for a better transition. Place looks nice though and I'm excited!

One big problem I'm having at the moment is pop up adds or rerouting. Can this be fixed?

I have used Firefox and Explorer and it has been completely smooth with both.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:
I third or fourth the request for P&R.

It won't be home without it. Though, I could see an issue with it in that some may make alt accounts to flame or flood it.

Do you make a post count minimum to get in or just make it invite (you request an invite and a mod grants it knowing you're an old board member or one here who clearly isn't a troll account).

I think someone mentioned a good idea to wait for mods/admins to be on the prowl before creating the P&R board.

I also like your idea of requesting an invite. I was so close to being able to post in there on boards.bengals (I had like 2 months left), it will be nice to join on the fun this time around!
Reply/Quote
Maybe a more unique theme? I do like it but its too ... generic.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:04 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think someone mentioned a good idea to wait for mods/admins to be on the prowl before creating the P&R board.

I also like your idea of requesting an invite. I was so close to being able to post in there on boards.bengals (I had like 2 months left), it will be nice to join on the fun this time around!

We should set that up quickly (and mods) before the board closes down so we can invite those that already earned it.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:12 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: We should set that up quickly (and mods) before the board closes down so we can invite those that already earned it.

Who have been voted as the new Mods/Admins?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:08 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Maybe a more unique theme? I do like it but its too ... generic.

I actually like how there isn't a lot going on and it doesn't just look like a giant cluster **** like other random message boards that I've been on.

The colors and layout are easy on the eyes and it's easy to navigate throughout the board. I dig it.

(05-12-2015, 10:14 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Who have been voted as the new Mods/Admins?

I could be wrong, but I'm about 99% sure that it hasn't been decided yet.
Reply/Quote
For the love of God center that log at the top of the page. Please Big Grin

(05-12-2015, 12:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: For the love of God center that log at the top of the page. Please

Ooooh lookey at that!  Rock On  Wink  Cool  Rolleyes  Confused  Shocked  Ninja  Sick SarcasmMellow

Still need the Denny thumbs up. And someone give him that old JoefromFloe thumbs down
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 11:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Yes sir. PnR is a must have. But I agree. Let's get some mods in place first.

Agreed on both. An unmoderated PnR could lead to some early bumps in the road. But it's great to see this site coming along so far. Great work Holic and everyone who is pitching it.*

* which isn't me, I still think the internet is some magic thing that just happens.
Reply/Quote
I think somewhere in the header or easily seen a spot should be visible staking our claim as 'The official Message Board Members' or some variation.

I also think we should get moving on choosing the mods and admins. At least narrowing down the options.

We could make a post at the other site informing members there an initial poll is up over here to begin the selection process for mods/admins. So we can get a short list of candidates. Then ok it with those candidates then vote. But we should decide on how many. I think 2 admins and 3/4 mods is good. But whatever everyone else thinks is fine.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think somewhere in the header or easily seen a spot should be visible staking our claim as 'The official Message Board Members' or some variation.

I also think we should get moving on choosing the mods and admins. At least narrowing down the options.

I'll be starting a new thread on the the board later today about that. I'm going through it and narrowing down the list, and then people can vote on it.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think somewhere in the header or easily seen a spot should be visible staking our claim as 'The official Message Board Members' or some variation.

This is an absolute must if there is going to be a P&R forum.

I wouldn't even make a P&R forum until mods are in place and ready.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Notifications would be nice. Like when someone quotes your post you will get a notification.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:37 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Notifications would be nice. Like when someone quotes your post you will get a notification.

That should all be under edit options: "messaging and notification".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Any updates on anything?
Reply/Quote
P&R section anybody?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 07:00 PM)CinciREborn Wrote: P&R section anybody?

It's coming after mods are decided.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That should all be under edit options: "messaging and notification".

I checked it only covers threads you are subscribed to and private messages. Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:37 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Notifications would be nice. Like when someone quotes your post you will get a notification.

There's a plugin you can use for it.. I will suggest it to Holic..
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 07:02 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: It's coming after mods are decided.

Awesome! thanks!
Reply/Quote