Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board suggestions
Boards coming along nicely 'holic.

I like the descriptions below each forum. Kinda fills the place out. Hopefully you do that to all of them.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Is there an option for how quotes are handled? On my end they come out as the same size and font as the reply with just a thin line separating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between rep and thanks?
Was about to ask how to rep...then figured it out. The 1 to 5 scale is kind of funny.

Also...I keep having to go back and edit posts, retyping what I had already posted. Will probably figure that out in a minute too.
Reply/Quote
Might I ask where the debate/discussion/nominations for P&R mods are?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 11:46 PM)Lolli Wrote: Was about to ask how to rep...then figured it out.  The 1 to 5 scale is kind of funny.

Also...I keep having to go back and edit posts, retyping what I had already posted.  Will probably figure that out in a minute too.

Been having the same problem. With phone, laptop and pc, with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Only when I quote, though.
Reply/Quote
my only suggestion is to get rid of advertisements
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 03:07 AM)treee Wrote: Start it.

As soon as there is a separated "mature" section created in the forum.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The overriding concern that I have for this board is the creation of new members. It is all well and good if we get the vast majority of existing members from the other site, however if we do not find a way to gain newbies this site will simply die a slow death. The other site had an ace in the hole for this, as it was directly attached to the Bengals web site. This one is, unfortunately, obscure.

Without some direct pathway for new members to find this site, we will not get he joy of introducing a new SteelersFairandBalanced, EAPoe, ColtsFan4Ever, MorningStar, or even a poster such as myself. Think about it.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:58 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The overriding concern that I have for this board is the creation of new members. It is all well and good if we get the vast majority of existing members from the other site, however if we do not find a way to gain newbies this site will simply die a slow death. The other site had an ace in the hole for this, as it was directly attached to the Bengals web site. This one is, unfortunately, obscure.

Without some direct pathway for new members to find this site, we will not get he joy of introducing a new SteelersFairandBalanced, EAPoe, ColtsFan4Ever, MorningStar, or even a poster such as myself. Think about it.

I share this concern as well.

It's one thing to get all the members from there to here, but what about the 150 'guests' that were always lurking on the boards?

I'm not sure advertising on those social media sites would work, maybe it would.

I really hate to keep bringing this up but this is one reason why I think claiming this site as the 'official members site' or some variation of, would be a benifit. And somehow get it in a search.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:22 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I share this concern as well.

It's one thing to get all the members from there to here, but what about the 150 'guests' that were always lurking on the boards?

I'm not sure advertising on those social media sites would work, maybe it would.

I really hate to keep bringing this up but this is one reason why I think claiming this site as the 'official members site' or some variation of, would be a benifit. And somehow get it in a search.

I just replied to South in another thread expressing this same opinion. We need to get this site to be optimized for web search. If it returns near the top of the list in a google search, then we will be fine.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:04 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Might I ask where the debate/discussion/nominations for P&R mods are?

What discussion? It should be me and RhythmicGeek/CigarMatt.

We're the most levelheaded guys in there (don't disagree with me, you're wrong).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I demand a chat room, at least until this place gets big and too many people are on it
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:22 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I really hate to keep bringing this up but this is one reason why I think claiming this site as the 'official members site' or some variation of, would be a benifit. And somehow get it in a search.
Good old fashioned BS claims that can't possibly be substantiated that we can just explain away as 'puffery.' I like it. Cool
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:58 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The overriding concern that I have for this board is the creation of new members. It is all well and good if we get the vast majority of existing members from the other site, however if we do not find a way to gain newbies this site will simply die a slow death. The other site had an ace in the hole for this, as it was directly attached to the Bengals web site. This one is, unfortunately, obscure.

You have me, what more do you need?
Reply/Quote
I keep getting redirected to the App Store w/ out clicking on anything. One example is I had a thread open, went away to cook, as soon as I opened it back up.... Boom, taken to the App Store.
Reply/Quote
Would anyone else be interested in a chat box on the main page?

(05-13-2015, 04:09 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I demand a chat room, at least until this place gets big and too many people are on it

Yes!
Reply/Quote
One suggestion I would like to make is to move the site from icyboards to something like wordpress. It would still keep the same name, url, and look but the site would actually show up in google searches which would possibly bring new members and future growth.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Are we going to have a Game Day sub-forum and lock Jungle Noise like they did over there during games?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just replied to South in another thread expressing this same opinion. We need to get this site to be optimized for web search. If it returns near the top of the list in a google search, then we will be fine.

This is something that I've already thought about. It could mean that we switch hosts in order to obtain more control. I'm currently checking to see what are options are in that regard.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 11:46 PM)Lolli Wrote: Was about to ask how to rep...then figured it out.  The 1 to 5 scale is kind of funny.

Also...I keep having to go back and edit posts, retyping what I had already posted.  Will probably figure that out in a minute too.

Yea Do you just like a post good enough to give a 2 but not a 5? Is there a limit daily? Like you can do one of each per day or something?

Also for a Suggestion i'll just throw it out there but a mock draft subforum added to the draft section. Not important right now but I always hated other boards that just had a draft section and people would post mocks along with other threads that people just wanted to have discussion's about the draft and the prospects. Just seemed to get things messy without a Mock Draft section.

Still think The NFL Draft or NFL Draft would be a better name than the War Room, maybe thats just me but I looked right over it when I moved over before realizing it was the draft section but thats just a small detail.
Reply/Quote