Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Bicknell Officially new WR Coach
Per Jim Oz
#Bengals OC Bill Lazor adds to his staff, hiring WR’s coach Bob Bicknell. The pair worked together in Philadelphia with the #Eagles
Replaces James Urban.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course. A coach slammed by many of his former players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Of course. A coach slammed by many of his former players.

Are you ever positive about anything?????????
Reply/Quote
Not blind to the obvious. What is to be positive? A DC that needed his QB to lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks since he became DC because his D couldn't stop anyone, or a Wideout coach slammed by former players like D.Jax, and has seen his wideouts decline in production once he took over?

We are supposed to be upgrading and I don't see it. Matter of fact, it can be argued we've gotten worse.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not blind to the obvious. What is to be positive? A DC that needed his QB to lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks since he became DC because his D couldn't stop anyone, or a Wideout coach slammed by former players like D.Jax, and has seen his wideouts decline in production once he took over?

We are supposed to be upgrading and I don't see it. Matter of fact, it can be argued we've gotten worse.

Yeah, but we fired Paul Alexander, sooooo yay?
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
If the O-line gets better with the firing of Paul Alexander, that should help with the Offense AND Defense (since they won't be on the field as much)
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not blind to the obvious. What is to be positive? A DC that needed his QB to lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks since he became DC because his D couldn't stop anyone, or a Wideout coach slammed by former players like D.Jax, and has seen his wideouts decline in production once he took over?

Anyone besides Djax say anything? Should be Dbag. Could care less what he says
Reply/Quote
The fact that he has worked with Lazor before, and they are both up tempo offense guys, should make this very interesting.
Reply/Quote
Honestly not that I know of, but we all know how the Chip Kelly offense being built here fizzled out. So D.Jax may have had points.

Reply/Quote

I fully endorse anyone that D JAX does not like.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well D.Jax was on to something because they all got fired, and with him and Ross as friends and a mentor, you know Ross must think being a Bengal sucks.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well D.Jax was on to something because they all got fired, and with him and Ross as friends and a mentor, you know Ross must think being a Bengal sucks.

DJax was so smart... he'd look at these stats

With the obvious John Ross-DeSean Jackson comparison, important to note success Bicknell had with Jackson in Philadelphia, had 1,332 yards with nine touchdowns in one season under him.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well D.Jax was on to something because they all got fired, and with him and Ross as friends and a mentor, you know Ross must think being a Bengal sucks.

hmmm when did ross say this I do not know.

Or do you know what everyone is thinking?
Reply/Quote
Jax was a beast long before Bicknel. It's desperate to credit him with DJax career.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hmmm when did ross say this I do not know.

Or do you know what everyone is thinking?

"Must think" was the key word there. I know I would after the year he's had under Marvin, and then getting the Wideout Coach his mentor left Philly because he couldn't work with.

You guys know the truth tho. and yall didn't make the hire (probably would have done better). That's why you aren't mentioning any players that he's groomed or turned into stars. That 2016 San Fran Team was something else right? The Bills, they had great wideout talent that nobody remembers. Kansas City, remember when they had a dominant receiver around 2007-2009?

Sell me on him. I can be sold (it's just a wideout coach), unfortunately, looking at his body of work there's not much that can be said.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jax was a beast long before Bicknel. It's desperate to credit him with DJax career.

We get it.  Austin sucks, Bicknell sucks, everyone sucks, everything sucks.  Does that about sum it up?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:47 PM)McC Wrote: We get it.  Austin sucks, Bicknell sucks, everyone sucks, everything sucks.  Does that about sum it up?

Every year I'm told by these same people we'll be fine and we've upgraded. Or that talented players aren't what we think they are. We don't need Jones, Sanu, Whit, Z, Zimmer, Hue, Gruden, Guenther etc..... And every  year those same people are wrong.

I'm not falling for it again. Now they say Austin didn't have elite talent. You need elite talent to stop the 2017 Bengals Offense with the playoff's on the line? Injuries had an effect on his Defense. Our depleted (and no good DC) D took care of Baltimore. That's coaching right.

I'm not invested in Bicknell enough to care. I don't think he has a track record that can be highlighted. But he's just a wideout coach. I'm down on the Offensive hires because I don't really care for the failed Chip Kelly offense we are implementing. But we all could run this organization better than MB and co. So nothing personal against anyone on the board. But I'm not sugar coating anything anymore. Especially when we all know where this road is headed.

Reply/Quote
So now we have a new coach that pisses star player off? Freakin' fantastic!

Everyone knows that "star" WR egos are fragile things (AJ Green being the rare exception, of course), and they often have trouble with coaches demanding a little more from them. I think I'm going to remain positive about this hire.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Every year I'm told by these same people we'll be fine and we've upgraded. Or that talented players aren't what we think they are. We don't need Jones, Sanu, Whit, Z, Zimmer, Hue, Gruden, Guenther etc..... And every  year those same people are wrong.

I'm not falling for it again. Now they say Austin didn't have elite talent. You need elite talent to stop the 2017 Bengals Offense with the playoff's on the line? Injuries had an effect on his Defense. Our depleted (and no good DC) D took care of Baltimore. That's coaching right.

I'm not invested in Bicknell enough to care. I don't think he has a track record that can be highlighted. But he's just a wideout coach. I'm down on the Offensive hires because I don't really care for the failed Chip Kelly offense we are implementing. But we all could run this organization better than MB and co. So nothing personal against anyone on the board. But I'm not sugar coating anything anymore. Especially when we all know where this road is headed.

Well, I'm handicapped by not seeing the future, which means I have to wait and see.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote