Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Bicknell Officially new WR Coach
(01-08-2018, 06:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: "Must think" was the key word there. I know I would after the year he's had under Marvin, and then getting the Wideout Coach his mentor left Philly because he couldn't work with.

You guys know the truth tho. and yall didn't make the hire (probably would have done better). That's why you aren't mentioning any players that he's groomed or turned into stars. That 2016 San Fran Team was something else right? The Bills, they had great wideout talent that nobody remembers. Kansas City, remember when they had a dominant receiver around 2001-2009?

Sell me on him. I can be sold (it's just a wideout coach), unfortunately, looking at his body of work there's not much that can be said.

Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor in Philly,
Dwayne Bowe (rookie years) at KC
Buffalo didn't draft any for him to work with.
SF Drafted Deandre Smelter, but he's not panning out (he is a GO route WR and that's about all he knows). He's still on their Practice Squad.

Nothing bad, nothing overly good, but I also like the coaches he's worked with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's see what the scheme will be before passing judgment. None of our receivers except AJ play the position especially well technically. If all he does is improve how they play the ball in the air he will be a success.
Reply/Quote
Well whether it was intended or not (if Urban had not gone to Ravens I guess this would have not been an opening..)  at least it means Lazor has someone on his staff he has picked and presumably knows what he will be trying to install.

If you like/wanted Lazor as OC you have to trust him with selecting Bicknell.....if not then I'm sure people may be underwhelmed
Reply/Quote
Well since djax is one of my least favorite players I'll take anything he says with a grain of salt. Let's just hope these guys work out. I would have preferred fangio or del rio for dc. We coach I'm not gonna stress over. Labor picked him so let's see
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's see what the scheme will be before passing judgment. None of our receivers except AJ play the position especially well technically. If all he does is improve how they play the ball in the air he will be a success.

Erickson.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Bob Bicknell?

I thought we hired Glenn Beck?? Maybe we should call him Bob Becknell?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 07:21 PM)McC Wrote: Well, I'm handicapped by not seeing the future, which means I have to wait and see.

At this point.....it's kinda deductive reasoning....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm cool with this hire. He's familiar with Lazor. In Philly he got big seasons out of DJax, Maclin, Jordan Matthews and Riley Cooper. He was an o-line coach in KC, so I'm not sure why anyone is bringing that up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote