Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/07/22/bob-costas-says-bengals-run-a-halfway-house-for-criminals-yet-kaepernick-is-unemployed-for-kneeling-video/

Anybody see this?

Then again, what is the difference between a thug like Adam Jones and some BLM wannabe terrorist?
Kaepernick isn't unemployed because he was kneeling last season. He's unemployed because he's not good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-23-2017, 02:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Kaepernick isn't unemployed because he was kneeling last season. He's unemployed because he's not good.

Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer, Nick Foles, Landy Jones, Josh Johnson, EJ Manuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dan Orlovsky, Kellen Moore.

Geno Smith is signed to a team and Kaepernick isn't.

That argument has been proven wrong. Try again.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
(07-23-2017, 02:23 PM)Older Than You Wrote: http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/07/22/bob-costas-says-bengals-run-a-halfway-house-for-criminals-yet-kaepernick-is-unemployed-for-kneeling-video/

Anybody see this?

Then again, what is the difference between a thug like Adam Jones and some BLM wannabe terrorist?

Here's the difference:

Adam Jones is a criminal, woman beater, hot head, and overall bad person. Adam Jones is the reason why two people got shot, and one of them became paralyzed from the waist down.

Kaepernick is an activist for what he believes in, whether you believe in it or not. And he's done nothing wrong or illegal, and continues to give back to the community to this day.

(07-23-2017, 03:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer, Nick Foles, Landy Jones, Josh Johnson, EJ Manuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dan Orlovsky, Kellen Moore.

Bottom line is Kaep is not that good PLUS he is a huge distraction. Right or wrong, this is football and teams don't want distractions, especially not from a mediocre backup QB

As for Costas, he did say "at times" the Bengals seem to run a halfway house. That is true, not today but certainly was at times
(07-23-2017, 03:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer, Nick Foles, Landy Jones, Josh Johnson, EJ Manuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dan Orlovsky, Kellen Moore.

How is it proven wrong? Most of those guys you listed are backups that aren't making that much money, and some of them are actually better than Kaep.. Kaepernick is wanting 9-10 mil a year, and a chance to be a starter. People like Geno Smith are making 1M a year, and know they're going to be a backup.
(07-23-2017, 03:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Here's the difference:

Adam Jones is a criminal, woman beater, hot head, and overall bad person. Adam Jones is the reason why two people got shot, and one of them became paralyzed from the waist down.

Kaepernick is an activist for what he believes in, whether you believe in it or not. And he's done nothing wrong or illegal, and continues to give back to the community to this day.

The bottom line is he has not played well over the combined 3 years and has been asking for much more money than many teams will consider...if he played well he would still be with SF.. if Jones sucked totally over the last few years, he would not be with Bengals....

He is considered a backup QB.. if he comes down in price and a team sees a need they might sign him.. but just like some did not sign Tebow just for the baggage that came along with him, regardless how you viewed him or not.. teams/owners have the right not to sign a player do to what they might perceive as a distraction to the team.  

So lets take the other issues off the table and look at performance.. but since you did include them.. it is your opinion he did nothing wrong, to others he did do something wrong and to others he took away from the community more than he gave back... 
(07-23-2017, 03:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bottom line is Kaep is not that good PLUS he is a huge distraction. Right or wrong, this is football and teams don't want distractions, especially not from a mediocre backup QB

As for Costas, he did say "at times" the Bengals seem to run a halfway house. That is true, not today but certainly was at times

Never said he wasn't a distraction. Just telling the difference between a criminal and an activist.

(07-23-2017, 03:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is it proven wrong? Most of those guys you listed are backups that aren't making that much money, and some of them are actually better than Kaep.. Kaepernick is wanting 9-10 mil a year, and a chance to be a starter. People like Geno Smith are making 1M a year, and know they're going to be a backup.

Who's better than Kaepernick on that list? That's the real question lol. Mike Glennon? Because that's honestly laughable.

And no, Kaepernick isn't asking for that kind of money. Numerous sources, including Kaepernick himself, have said he's not asking for $10 million.

And funny, Pete Carroll himself said that Kaepernick is a starter in this league.

(07-23-2017, 03:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The bottom line is he has not played well over the combined 3 years and has been asking for much more money than many teams will consider...if he played well he would still be with SF.. if Jones sucked totally over the last few years, he would not be with Bengals....

He is considered a backup QB.. if he comes down in price and a team sees a need they might sign him.. but just like some did not sign Tebow just for the baggage that came along with him, regardless how you viewed him or not.. teams/owners have the right not to sign a player do to what they might perceive as a distraction to the team.  

So lets take the other issues off the table and look at performance.. but since you did include them.. it is your opinion he did nothing wrong, to others he did do something wrong and to others he took away from the community more than he gave back... 

How can he be asking for a ton of money if sources and he, himself dispute that? Along with him only meeting with one team?

And, again, I stated the difference between a criminal and an activist.

Kaepernick's perfomance last 3 years, starting in 35 games and playing in 37 total:

629 completions of 1051 attempts. Completion percentage of 59.9%. 7225 yards. 6.9 yards per passing attempt. 41 passing TDs. 19 INTs. TD percentage is 3.9. INT percentage is 1.8. Has a clear 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

Also, have to throw in the rushing attack, since he brings that to the table as well.
218 rushing attempts for 1,363 yards and 4 TDs. That's averaging 6.2 YPC.

Also, over the last 3 years, his QB rating has been 86.4, 78.5, and 90.7.
So 2 out of his 3 "bad" years, he's had above a 86 QB rating.

(07-23-2017, 02:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Kaepernick isn't unemployed because he was kneeling last season. He's unemployed because he's not good.

He is not signed because he refuses to play for a lot less money. If he wants to redeem himself, have his agent tell all 32 teams 1st team to sign him for a 1 year deal for the league minimum with a guaranteed salary gets him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats

He's good enough to be on someone's roster.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-23-2017, 03:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bottom line is Kaep is not that good PLUS he is a huge distraction. Right or wrong, this is football and teams don't want distractions, especially not from a mediocre backup QB

Yes at times Costas was relevant, but not anymore.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
**** Bob Costas. His super liberal agenda is beyond annoying. I remember his anti-gun rant right after Sandy Hook. Can't stand him.

This thread is a political thread and is being moved to the P&R forum.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

You can be really good and a distraction, and be employed.
You can be mediocre and not a distraction, and be employed.

You can't be mediocre AND a distraction, and be employed.

Just look at Tim Tebow and Greg Hardy. Tim Tebow was a media circus distraction and wasn't great, so he went out of the league. Greg Hardy was a huge distraction, but was great, so he got another chance.

If you're great, people will put up with whatever, but if you're not, they won't. It's that simple.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-23-2017, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You can be really good and a distraction, and be employed.

Just look at Tim Tebow and Greg Hardy. Tim Tebow was a media circus distraction and wasn't great, so he went out of the league. Greg Hardy was a huge distraction, but was great, so he got another chance.

If you're great, people will put up with whatever, but if you're not, they won't. It's that simple.

I thought Greg Hardy ( a great DE) was still unemployed?

Did I miss something?

I do get your point as look no further than Ben R. a sexual predator and distraction, but he is great so he still kept his job.

Companies have a right to their own image. I have a magnet on my car, wear a badge, etc. I cant drive to a stage and give a political speech attached that way. My company would say do it, but without their name on me. I realize his kneeling takes place when a song is played, but at that point he is in uniform.
(07-24-2017, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought Greg Hardy ( a great DE) was still unemployed?

Did I miss something?

I do get your point as look no further than Ben R. a sexual predator and distraction, but he is great so he still kept his job.

He got employed after it came out, was my point. Hence the second chance bit. Played that season with the Cowboys, where they were constantly criticized in the media.

Yeah, Ben is a pretty good example. Or Michael Vick. Or Revis, who had constant contract holdout distractions, but was the best CB at the time, so teams kept wanting him. Or Josh Gordon.

Meanwhile Manziel was a distraction and wasn't good, so no other team took him on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
SF stinks and he still managed a 90ish passer rating and few INTs. If a team is willing to sign Fitzpatrick — who essentially handed the ball to anyone who got within arm's reach last season — they should be willing to sign Kaepernick.

Unless, as some media outlets are questioning, it's got nothing to do with football.
(07-24-2017, 01:07 PM)Benton Wrote: SF stinks and he still managed a 90ish passer rating and few INTs. If a team is willing to sign Fitzpatrick — who essentially handed the ball to anyone who got within arm's reach last season — they should be willing to sign Kaepernick.

Unless, as some media outlets are questioning, it's got nothing to do with football.

Distractions have a huge impact on football.  Kaepernick would be a huge distraction.  It's not just the kneeling during the anthem, he's contributed to being a distraction in other ways, like wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs and making anti-LEO statements.  Also, not all the distractions will come from detractors, Kaepernick's defenders will be out in full force and volume as well.  Others have made this point, Kaepernick thinks he's a starter and deserves starter money.  If this were not the case then he'd be on Seattle's roster right now.  Kaepernick is too inconsistent to be a viable long term starter.  You add all these issues up and you get someone who is going to watch next season on a couch.

Sign a prove contract and prove it, otherwise shut up (Kaepernick not you).
(07-23-2017, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You can be really good and a distraction, and be employed.

Correct. And I have no problem with that type of thinking.

But, I'm still going to call out teams signing these worse players and they try to make it about his play. Based on play alone, he should be in the league and could at least compete for a starting QB position on a few teams.

Also, Tebow was never good. Sure, fun to watch and should have been given a legit chance after 1 year. That's a small sample size. Kaepernick has started 5 different seasons and has made the NFC Championship game twice, winning one of them.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I do believe Tebow and Kaepernick should both have been given chances.

Greg Hardy? Not at all. Granted, great player, but terrible human being.