Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Huggins out at WV
For the 2nd time in his career, Bob Huggins's DUI arrest has ended his coaching tenure. He resigned his position as head coach of West Virginia Men's basketball, after being arrested Friday night. His blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

This DUI came a month after he made homophobic remarks about Xavier's students in an interview. Those remarks merited him a 1 million dollar reduction in salary plus a 3 game suspension.

His resignation statement included the standard apology to the school, team, fans, and family. He's going to work on himself to become the person his family deserves...etc etc etc

A good place to start would be finally admitting he's an alcoholic

https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/bob-huggins-resigns-as-west-virginia-coach-after-dui-arrest/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2023, 09:50 AM)pally Wrote: For the 2nd time in his career, Bob Huggins's DUI arrest has ended his coaching tenure.  He resigned his position as head coach of West Virginia Men's basketball, after being arrested Friday night.  His blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

This DUI came a month after he made homophobic remarks about Xavier's students in an interview.  Those remarks merited him a 1 million dollar reduction in salary plus a 3 game suspension.

His resignation statement included the standard apology to the school, team, fans, and family. He's going to work on himself to become the person his family deserves...etc etc etc

A good place to start would be finally admitting he's an alcoholic

https://nypost.com/2023/06/17/bob-huggins-resigns-as-west-virginia-coach-after-dui-arrest/

Sad to see such an outstanding individual go through something like this. Ninja 

Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of the man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bob is a relic from a bygone era. It's sad to see him go down like this.

I won't ever excuse his behavior, but his actions are a lot like most men born in a certain time to working-class backgrounds in the Midwest and Appalachia. They gave a lot to their work, they drank a lot, and they were difficult to be around. To be honest, he reminds me of a slightly meaner (slightly) version of my dad. The main difference is that Huggins was a major public figure. In reality, I feel like he kept his shit together longer and better than most men like him would have.

Also, that little worm Cunningham no doubt baited him in that radio appearance.
Reply/Quote
Sucks these players and the school will lose a great basketball coach. For all of his faults Huggins is a College Hall of Fame Basketball Coach. He has been talking retirement for a few years now though. Between losing Huggins and Neal Brown running the football program into the ground WVU Sports future looks dark.

Just Seen that Deion Sanders could be losing his foot this summer...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ESPN running with a story indicating his lawyer says he never retired lol....

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37981764/former-coach-bob-huggins-says-never-resigned-wvu
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I guess he was still drunk when he resigned? And forgot?

Or maybe someone told him it would be better if he got fired so he could collect unemployment.
Reply/Quote
This is getting juicy.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37991587/bob-huggins-says-write-resignation-statement

Back when I was a bearcat fan (Kenyon Martin, Nick Van Exel days), I used to think Huggins was big shit....seems like he just can't moderate his drinking.....bummer.

He definitely made UC basketball exciting though.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote