Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Trumpy Impressed by Taylor
(11-20-2019, 10:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sorry.

I haven't seen even a glimpse of this yet.

Indeed. There has been no creativity.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:14 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't want to argue with you either.

However if I've gotta wait 3-4 years to decide if Zac is good or not...  we've got a problem.

I'll eat my words next season if he is above .500 !!

So IF he's 9-7, he's all of the sudden a good coach?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I may be the only one on this board but I’m not really concerned about ZT. I still think he can be a great coach.

If you want to argue, don’t bother replying to me. I’m not getting into it, I know how you all get. Not going there. I’ll just leave this post here and we can revisit in 3-4 years. Feel free to tell me you told me so then.

I'm right there with you....
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So IF he's 9-7, he's all of the sudden a good coach?

I'd say that if he can turn around a team as bad as this and make us a 9 win team in one season, he's a pretty decent coach! Obviously depends on the variables, but I'm assuming the Bengals don't go out and sign a playoff roster this offseason.

FTR, I place the likelihood of it at 0% as I think he's awful.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:27 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'd say that if he can turn around a team as bad as this and make us a 9 win team in one season, he's a pretty decent coach! Obviously depends on the variables, but I'm assuming the Bengals don't go out and sign a playoff roster this offseason.

FTR, I place the likelihood of it at 0% as I think he's awful.

He's a big part of the reason we have 0 wins.

I think, in general that the players look so bad because of coaching/scheme. I don't think we have all bad players.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 05:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Former All-Pro Trumpy appears to like Taylor.  For whatever it is worth.  

yeah we all know that... Zach taylor doesn't have the same name or age as dave shula…

But there has been nothing to be impressed about.  unless ZT is some sort of god at checkers (even then the rest of the league is playing chess)
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's a big part of the reason we have 0 wins.

I think, in general that the players look so bad because of coaching/scheme. I don't think we have all bad players.

He is, and he would be a big part of the reason we'd have 9 wins next season if that's what happened too. I'm not defending him, but this team hasn't won 9 games since 2015. If he's able to do so when we're clearly a team on the down/rebuild, then we'd have to give him credit for that. The team we have right now isn't close to a 9 win team.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: He is, and he would be a big part of the reason we'd have 9 wins next season if that's what happened too. I'm not defending him, but this team hasn't won 9 games since 2015. If he's able to do so when we're clearly a team on the down/rebuild, then we'd have to give him credit for that. The team we have right now isn't close to a 9 win team.

The team we have now...isn't close to a 1 win team.
Reply/Quote
He may not be a terrible coach but I don’t think it’s debatable that he’s done a shitty job this year. I was scratching my head early when Eifert wasn’t in the games when the team was trying to get into the End Zone, they were already short AJ. I still don’t get the whole 2 LB plan and his Offensive play calls have mostly been very bad. Where has he shined?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Some will hate me for saying this, including a good friend Wyche, but Taylor reminds me of a younger Sam Wyche.  He is bubbly, creative, and positive.  I still think, however, he needs to hire a very good OC.    

Nah, I won't hate ya for it. I agree.....and Sammy struggled to start off as well. Totally agree about the OC.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I believed we start out slow, figured there would be some bumps in the road. Remember saying in several threads back before the season we'd struggle a bit at first. However....

I also figured after we got 3 or 4 games under our belt we'd start clicking a bit and showing some promise.

But our offense is putrid ! We're 27th in yards - 309 and 30th in scoring - 14.7 Yes I know Oline sucks, no AJ, changed QB's. But it's not like Boyd, Eifert, and Mixon are chumps. Hell even Tate has shown some promise. I've seen nothing that screams offensive genius. 14 points a game from an offensive HC ?

We're 28th in time of possession - just over 28 minutes, Taylor has been impressive in no way, shape, or form, at all ! Yes all the excuses, blah, blah. But if he was truly an offensive guru you'd think we'd show some signs of life here and there ? We've barely got the flicker of a match at the end of a 100 yard tunnel.

Yes in the big picture it's still early. But color me a skeptic
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. There has been no creativity.

uhm… I'd rather they focus on the basics and master that first. Then get creative.

Look we all knew this roster needed an overhaul, it's not gonna happen overnight. So whine and moan all you want, it's not going to speed anything up.

Williams getting IR'ed, Boling retiring, that totally messed up the Left side of the line. I can't blame all of this on coaching, It's hard to win with an OL that many would be 2nd Stringers on other rosters. MB won't pony up and get good players in here so it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
I thought I saw glimpses of something during the Seattle game. I know others did not have tape on Taylor and that he hasn't really changed that much since that game but I saw the team play fast and were clicking. At least it was something.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The team we have now...isn't close to a 1 win team.

I'm not sure of your point?  Mellow

My point was to say that if ZT made us a 9-7 team next season, that would show the makings of being a good coach. As he would've turned around a dumpster fire. Obviously right now, he isn't showing anything to suggest he is a good coach, but you had asked the question as to whether a 9-7 season next year would make him a good coach. It would suggest he has something in him, absolutely. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: uhm… I'd rather they focus on the basics and master that first. Then get creative.

Look we all knew this roster needed an overhaul, it's not gonna happen overnight. So whine and moan all you want, it's not going to speed anything up.

Williams getting IR'ed, Boling retiring, that totally messed up the Left side of the line. I can't blame all of this on coaching, It's hard to win with an OL that many would be 2nd Stringers on other rosters. MB won't pony up and get good players in here so it is what it is.

Some wouldn't even be 2nd stringers....John Jerry wasn't on a roster last season.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I may be the only one on this board but I’m not really concerned about ZT. I still think he can be a great coach.

If you want to argue, don’t bother replying to me. I’m not getting into it, I know how you all get. Not going there. I’ll just leave this post here and we can revisit in 3-4 years. Feel free to tell me you told me so then.

I agree with you, too soon to tell.  Marvin Lewis presided over bad drafts ever since Zim and Gruden left.  Too many busts, under achievers and medical issues over too many years.  I thought Marvin Lewis became 5 day old fish years and years ago, when he finally left the team was a shambles.  Not all his fault, but he owns a big piece.

Now ZT has those problems plus star vets declining in skills and have now limited to little trade value.  ZT is in a total gut and rebuild phase once this season is over.  Add to his burden is a ownership group that would causes many problems instead of solving them.   Too me if he has those guys playing up to their abilities at game 16, he's got promise as a HC.
Reply/Quote
A guy like Kingsbury is soo much more creative than Taylor. And the Cardinals skill players aren't as good as ours. And their line isn't good either:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A guy like Kingsbury is soo much more creative than Taylor. And the Cardinals skill players aren't as good as ours. And their line isn't good either:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ARZ line is ranked 22nd, ours is 30th according to football outsiders. We also don't have Kyler Murray.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:35 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He may not be a terrible coach but I don’t think it’s debatable that he’s done a shitty job this year. I was scratching my head early when Eifert wasn’t in the games when the team was trying to get into the End Zone, they were already short AJ. I still don’t get the whole 2 LB plan and his Offensive play calls have mostly been very bad. Where has he shined?

I'm trying to be understanding in some of the situations. It is fair to say a coach has a lot on their plate. ZT walked into a disaster anyway. However, he hasn't helped the case. I think a lot of what he has done is preventable and entirely falls on him.

- Some of his play-calling his truly terrible (shotgun draw on 4th and 1)
- Benching Andy was a disaster. He should have either A, rode Andy out or B, traded him earlier than waiting. Either or, the decision hurt morale and didn't do our FO any favors.
- Continuing to piss off players. Boyd. Glenn. Dalton. AJ. They've all made comments up to this point, I've never seen them make. You can also throw in Mixon as well. I don't think they're buying into the system.
- The man is an offensive guru but our offense is stale, flat and doesn't score points.

I can go on and on, but everyone gets the point. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: ARZ line is ranked 22nd, ours is 30th according to football outsiders. We also don't have Kyler Murray.  Mellow

Brown and Vigil on this play. LOL

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote