Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob's Final Mock
Another mock now that our Free Agency is over with solid additions in Dansby and LaFell. I'll go ahead and let everyone know I didn't take a LB, I think with V.Rey, Rey M., Burfict, Dawson, Dansby and Flowers/DiManche I just don't know if they feel the need to take a LB unless someone falls that they didn't expect to be on the board.

Draft :

1. Corey Coleman WR Baylor- I wasn't sure how I felt about Corey Coleman early in the draft season but the more I see of him the more I like this pick, solid at going up and fighting for the 50/50 balls, showed off his speed at his pro day with a 4.37 and great body control. I feel like after his pro day he could jump guys like Doctson but the Baylor system as well as his size could cause him to end up falling to us at 24.

[Image: hi-res-0d3dc7c8daf9ee6bba479e544a7beec9_...h=420&q=75]

2. Austin Johnson DT Penn State - High motor guy that could be that run stuffing DT we have been looking for to replace Domato Peko. Can hold his ground against double teams, great effort, great against the run and can provide some pass rush but is more of a run stuffer. Has good size as well at 6-4 314.

[Image: 18448409-standard.jpg]

3. Cody Whitehair OL Kansas State - One word for this guy I keep seeing is versatile, this makes him a very intriguing prospect for the Bengals this year. Whitehair has experience at RT, LT, and LG but I see scouts saying he could play any position on the line and while most say OG is the prefered spot some have said that Center is a possibility as well. With Bodine struggling and Zeitler being a Free Agent next year this gives us some really solid depth all along the line as well as some insurance if Zeitler was to walk next year.

[Image: USATSI_8093312_725x450.jpg]

4. Charone Peake WR Clemson - We need more WRs so we wait until 4 and Peake is still on the board. Good size at 6'2 209 pounds, ran a 4.45 40 at the combine and a 4.37 at his pro day. Some concerns about hand size but this late his combination of size/speed you have to take a look at him. In the game of his I saw he showed the ability to do multiple things, get behind the defense, bubble screens and a good redzone target. Between LaFell, Coleman, and Peake I feel like we did a great job of replacing the guys we lost.

[Image: ncf_a_charonpeake_ms_600x400.jpg]

5. Keith Marshall RB Georgia - So we have Gio and Hill, both pretty good RBs but it seems like one of them is constantly getting banged up and I'm not comfortable with Peerman and Burkhead, with that I bring in Keith Marshal. Marshall has good size at 5'11 219 and runs a 4.31 40, has injury concerns and put up solid numbers at Georgia this year with 5.1 YPC. This is a lottery ticket type of guy, highly recruited player that struggled with injuries and getting stuck behind great players like Gurley but has a ton of talent and has a chance to be a steal this late in the draft.

[Image: gastiffarm.0.gif] [Image: keithjuke.gif] [Image: InsidiousFamousBobcat.gif]

6. Justin Simmons S Boston College - 6'2 200 pound S/CB playmaker who may be one of the better open field tackling DB's I have seen this year. Had 67 Tackles, 5 interceptions and 3 Forced Fumbles his senior year and was praised by coaches all year for his leadership. Honestly from what I have seen he is clearly better suited at Safety but it is always nice to have a guy with the experience to fill in if needed. This guy was also making big plays against big time competition getting interceptions against teams like Clemson and 2 against Notre Dame. Another very solid prospect for us at safety with good size, great potential and a leader on that Boston College Defense, spot opens up in that group with Nelson going to the Raiders.

[Image: hi-res-c7be426e378bc079c6f3dfa518785755_...h=420&q=75]

7. Donte Deayon CB Boise State - Gonna finish up the draft with another DB this time with an undersized CB that will need to add some bulk at 5'9 159 but is a guy that plays bigger than what he is listed. At his pro day he had a 37 inch vertical which would have ranked 8th at the combine as well as a 4.42 40 yard dash which would also have been 8th. Guy is a playmaker at CB with 14 Interceptions and 25 Pass Deflections in the last 3 years. On top of that he is also a pretty good punt returner.

[Image: Cayleb+Jones+Donte+Deayon+Vizio+Fiesta+B...6Ismql.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a really good draft, however I think Whitehair will be gone before the 3rd. Love the rb from Georgia, we might lose a rb or 2 next season so that would be a good pickup.
Reply/Quote
Man, i love the Coleman, Johnson and Whitehair picks. I just doubt Whitehair lasts all the way to the 3rd.

I also think we really need another pass rusher after the loss of Gilberry and this should be a priority now.

We cannot just expect Hunt or Clarke to hold down the fort behind Dunlap and MJ IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, i love the Coleman, Johnson and Whitehair picks. I just doubt Whitehair lasts all the way to the 3rd.

I also think we really need another pass rusher after the loss of Gilberry and this should be a priority now.

We cannot just expect Hunt or Clarke to hold down the fort behind Dunlap and MJ IMHO.

Could you imagine grabbing a guy like Lawson/Dodd/Calhoun, that would really boost our pass rush outside of Dunlap and Atkins.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 01:06 PM)Crowe Wrote: Could you imagine grabbing a guy like Lawson/Dodd/Calhoun, that would really boost our pass rush outside of Dunlap and Atkins.

Would love it, keep our DL rotation badazz.

Ogbah also be good for us.

Have Og's on both sides of the ball. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:59 AM)Crowe Wrote: This is a really good draft, however I think Whitehair will be gone before the 3rd. Love the rb from Georgia, we might lose a rb or 2 next season so that would be a good pickup.

(04-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, i love the Coleman, Johnson and Whitehair picks. I just doubt Whitehair lasts all the way to the 3rd.

(04-07-2016, 01:06 PM)Crowe Wrote: Could you imagine grabbing a guy like Lawson/Dodd/Calhoun, that would really boost our pass rush outside of Dunlap and Atkins.

Yea you guys are right on Whitehair, I think CBS had him listed as a 2-3 a couple days ago and now he is at 1-2. Either that or I misread which is completely possible but I also agree that a DE would be nice but not necessary. 

If we go DE early though I hope its Dodd over Ogbah for instance who I don't really love. I would say replace Whitehair with with a DE in round 3 but I really don't like any of those guys for the Bengals so I would probably just redo the entire thing  Hilarious . 

Now I might have to do a Final Final Mock a little closer to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 09:15 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea you guys are right on Whitehair, I think CBS had him listed as a 2-3 a couple days ago and now he is at 1-2. Either that or I misread which is completely possible but I also agree that a DE would be nice but not necessary. 

If we go DE early though I hope its Dodd over Ogbah for instance who I don't really love. I would say replace Whitehair with with a DE in round 3 but I really don't like any of those guys for the Bengals so I would probably just redo the entire thing  Hilarious . 

Now I might have to do a Final Final Mock a little closer to the draft.

Do another Bob, do another lol

Why don't you like Ogbah BTW?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do another Bob, do another lol

Why don't you like Ogbah BTW?

I think Ogbah can be a solid player but he is a bit stiff, really not that consistent especially with his effort as he can disappear for large stretches of games, and seems to lack pass rush moves. 

Throw on top of that he really isn't a factor against the run, so much so that you see in multiple scouting reports that some teams would elect to run right at him and you have some cause for concern. I don't hate him but I hate him early if we are looking for an impact player for this year as I think he may need some time to develop. 

Some of these same things could be said for Dodd of course like him needing more pass rush moves or may need time to develop, and while I think Dodd needs to add more pass rush moves I think alot of the not "pro ready" stuff with Dodd comes from his lack of experience but he plays smart, goes 100% all the time and has an NFL body so my concerns aren't quite as inflated with Dodd like Ogbah.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love it, keep our DL rotation badazz.

Ogbah also be good for us.

Have Og's on both sides of the ball. Ninja

That's be nasty!!! Other teams would be  Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
Keith Marshall looks like a beast. Shocked if he is there that late.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:07 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I think Ogbah can be a solid player but he is a bit stiff, really not that consistent especially with his effort as he can disappear for large stretches of games, and seems to lack pass rush moves. 

Throw on top of that he really isn't a factor against the run, so much so that you see in multiple scouting reports that some teams would elect to run right at him and you have some cause for concern. I don't hate him but I hate him early if we are looking for an impact player for this year as I think he may need some time to develop. 

Some of these same things could be said for Dodd of course like him needing more pass rush moves or may need time to develop, and while I think Dodd needs to add more pass rush moves I think alot of the not "pro ready" stuff with Dodd comes from his lack of experience but he plays smart, goes 100% all the time and has an NFL body so my concerns aren't quite as inflated with Dodd like Ogbah.

I really believe that teams ran at Ogbah to tire him out and keep him from rushing the passer.

Something smart teams do to good pass rushers. I cannot hold this against him, he is not JJ Watt or anything yet.

Still a very good pass rusher and i believe is actually underrated in his run stopping ability.

He is a power rusher no question and will need to add some more dimensions to his game but he has the strength already and good hands.
(04-09-2016, 11:10 AM)Crowe Wrote: That's be nasty!!! Other teams would be  Cry Cry

Just sounds ominous. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really believe that teams ran at Ogbah to tire him out and keep him from rushing the passer.

Something smart teams do to good pass rushers. I cannot hold this against him, he is not JJ Watt or anything yet.

Still a very good pass rusher and i believe is actually underrated in his run stopping ability.

He is a power rusher no question and will need to add some more dimensions to his game but he has the strength already and good hands.

Just sounds ominous. Wink

I get the whole running at him to tire him out but he was below average at stopping or containing the runner. Also can get caught playing high at times which may be a reason he struggles against the run but that can be corrected so not a huge issue.

Like I said I don't hate Ogbah just he has a good amount of negatives and when I watch him and Dodd one of them stands out more than the other in my eyes and that just happens to be Dodd for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 03:03 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I get the whole running at him to tire him out but he was below average at stopping or containing the runner. Also can get caught playing high at times which may be a reason he struggles against the run but that can be corrected so not a huge issue.

Like I said I don't hate Ogbah just he has a good amount of negatives and when I watch him and Dodd one of them stands out more than the other in my eyes and that just happens to be Dodd for me.

I definately like them both.

Would be happy with either pick at 24, Calhoun as well. Lawson won't be there so that is why i don't mention him.

With Gilberry gone we definately need another pass rusher to pick up the slack.

We should of seen a little bit out of Hunt or Clarke by now. These guys have gotten close to blocking some punts but that is about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I definately like them both.

Would be happy with either pick at 24, Calhoun as well. Lawson won't be there so that is why i don't mention him.

With Gilberry gone we definately need another pass rusher to pick up the slack.

We should of seen a little bit out of Hunt or Clarke by now. These guys have gotten close to blocking some punts but that is about it.

I think Hunt will be gone before the season starts and Clarke still has a chance to prove his worth. 

I agree with you on pass rush and I was on board for DE early, well before Gilberry left considering I thought he had fallen off the last 2 years anyway so if we can get a solid DE and have it still be solid value I am all for it but these mid to late round DE's this year aren't my favorite group so I take one early or maybe not at all.
Reply/Quote
I like this draft a lot, as it is a true "solid, but not sexy" selections-draft. My only real miss here is the lack of a DE that can rush the passer. Those two WRs would make me very, very happy, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 08:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I think Hunt will be gone before the season starts and Clarke still has a chance to prove his worth. 

I agree with you on pass rush and I was on board for DE early, well before Gilberry left considering I thought he had fallen off the last 2 years anyway so if we can get a solid DE and have it still be solid value I am all for it but these mid to late round DE's this year aren't my favorite group so I take one early or maybe not at all.

I am with you, outside the first 3 rounds the Ends start to really fall off.

I hope we take one early.
Reply/Quote