• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob's First Mock
Retain :

George Iloka S - 4 Years 28 Million 

Adam Jones CB - 3 Years 15 Million 

Reggie Nelson S - 2 Years 9 Million 

Mohamed Sanu WR - 3 Years 9 Million 

Vinnie Rey LB - 1 year cheap

*Leon Hall CB - With Pacman coming back and 3 other solid CBs in Kirk, Shaw and Dennard on the roster I could see us going either way with Hall. I think the deciding factor on this signing will be Dennards health. Everything I have heard says he will be ready for training camp but I think any set backs will lead to Hall being brought back. 

Departing :

Marvin Jones WR - Leaves for a bigger contract, don't think it has to be the Browns but I just think he gets away from us. 

Andre Smith OT - we drafted two OT's last year for a reason, time to move on. 

Free Agency :

Travis Benjamin WR - 3 Years 12 Million - Similar type of contract as a Eddie Royal or Stevie Johnson type that should get a 3-5 million a year contract. Great year this year but price is still in this range due to it being his first really good year. We lose MJ so we need a burner that can take the top off of defenses so we grab Benjamin and not only do we get a playmaker at WR but we also finally get that Tate replacement we have wanted for years.

Draft :

1. Kevin Dodd DE Clemson - Little unexpected maybe but good 4-3 DE prospects seem to be harder to come by this draft over DT so we take the best DE available in Dodd. Dodd is the type of guy that can rotate with Dunlap and MJ year 1, guy is solid against the run and has the power and quickness to make an impact as a pass rusher. On top of all that he has the size you look for at 6'5 275. Stats : 62 Tackles - 24 TFL - 12.5 Sacks - 1 FF

[Image: cfp-national-championship-alabama-v-2016...36-186.jpg]

2. Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville - Rankins may or may not be here but with so many DT prospects rated 1-2 we will most likely have a very good prospect waiting for us in the 2nd round. In this mock that DT happens to be Rankins. Rankins could be the guy we have been looking for at DT, good against the run but still has the quickness to make a play on the QB. Between Dunlap, Atkins, Rankins, MJ, and Dodd this Dline should really take a step to a potentially elite Dline. Stats : 58 Tackles - 13 TFL - 6 Sacks

[Image: 635895759757273518-AP-Houston-Louisville-Footba.jpg]

3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma - We have our top 3 WRs in AJ, Sanu and Benjamin but we need some more depth behind this group so we draft a guy with the straight line speed, quickness, hands and body control to make an impact sooner rather than later on the team. A bit taller than 5'10 and 193 pounds he is a bit undersized but a guy that he would best compare to is Randall Cobb, both guys have solid speed to get deep, quickness to get open, solid route running and perfectly fine going over the middle to make the tough catches. Stats : 86 Receptions - 1288 Rec Yards - 11 TD

[Image: wnLLakI.jpg?1]

4. Miles Killebrew LB/S Southern Utah - 6'2 220 pound LB/S hybrid that runs a 4.4 40. This kid is being compared to Deone Bucannon by quite a few people and could play a similar role for us. From CBS "An area scout told NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah in November that he thinks Killebrew is a better football player coming out of college than Shaq Thompson (Carolina Panthers) and Deone Bucannon (Arizona Cardinals)". Small school guy so may need some time to adjust and improve technique but I think the Bengals are fine with what they have at LB, Rey M., Vinnie Rey, Burfict, Flowers coming back and just drafted Dawson early last year. Senior Bowl Clip.

[Image: xJYL6r2.jpg?1]

5. Evan Boehm C Missouri -  So I think all of us want to get rid of Bodine but I don't know how much the Bengals are ready to give up to do so this year, I think the best we can hope for is a late round guy while they do everything they can to give Bodine another opportunity to step up in his third year. Boehm in the 5th round could end up taking over the spot eventually anyway, not the best athlete but a strong powerful guy that can move his man backwards. 

[Image: Evan-Boehm-inside.jpg]

6.  Daryl Worley CB WVU -  6'2 198 pound playmaker at CB. From what I have watched on this guy he sticks to his man in coverage, is a willing attacker against the run or screens and has the ability to make big plays. I will say he needs to become a better tackler because he willing but has to get better at finishing. Also a negative he was arrest for Battery in 2014 for grabbing a woman by the throat and shoving her to the ground. Stats : 49 Tackles - 2 TFL - 6 INT - 12 PD - 2 FF

[Image: daryl-worley-ncaa-football-texas-christi...90x900.jpg]

7. Josh Forrest LB Kentucky - At 6'3 245 Forrest has the size to play ILB in the NFL, Forrest went to Kentucky as WR but soon moved to LB where he really took off his JR year. Has the athletisicm and size to play the run and the pass but needs to show more effort in my opinion as he seems to assume a play will be made by a teammate too often. Still inexperienced and raw at LB but has the tools that warrant a late round pick. Stats : 93 Tackles - 6 TFL - 3.5 Sacks - 2 INT - 5 PD  - 1 FF

[Image: z%20-%20Josh%20Forrest%20vs%20MU1.jpg?w=...13&fit=max]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This would be fine if the Bengals were to grab a solid LB in FA, I do like getting Benjamin as it gives us a fast shifty WR who is dangerous in the return game and kicks Tate to the curb. I really like your first 3 picks and the rest of the draft isn't bad either.
Reply/Quote
I like it-especially the first two picks. I think that people on here are panicking over the LBs a bit too much and becoming overconfident in the d-line. Why? Maualuga was good last season, Rey is solid, Flowers or Dawson could be the answer long term. As for the d-line: if Dunlap or Atkins miss any time the pass rush will disappear. MJ has not looked like the MJ of old and may need a heavier rotation or to be subbed out on 3rd down now.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Retain :

George Iloka S - 4 Years 28 Million 

Adam Jones CB - 3 Years 15 Million 

Reggie Nelson S - 2 Years 9 Million 

Mohamed Sanu WR - 3 Years 9 Million 

Vinnie Rey LB - 1 year cheap

*Leon Hall CB - With Pacman coming back and 3 other solid CBs in Kirk, Shaw and Dennard on the roster I could see us going either way with Hall. I think the deciding factor on this signing will be Dennards health. Everything I have heard says he will be ready for training camp but I think any set backs will lead to Hall being brought back. 

Departing :

Marvin Jones WR - Leaves for a bigger contract, don't think it has to be the Browns but I just think he gets away from us. 

Andre Smith OT - we drafted two OT's last year for a reason, time to move on. 

Free Agency :

Travis Benjamin WR - 3 Years 12 Million - Similar type of contract as a Eddie Royal or Stevie Johnson type that should get a 3-5 million a year contract. Great year this year but price is still in this range due to it being his first really good year. We lose MJ so we need a burner that can take the top off of defenses so we grab Benjamin and not only do we get a playmaker at WR but we also finally get that Tate replacement we have wanted for years.

Draft :

1. Kevin Dodd DE Clemson - Little unexpected maybe but good 4-3 DE prospects seem to be harder to come by this draft over DT so we take the best DE available in Dodd. Dodd is the type of guy that can rotate with Dunlap and MJ year 1, guy is solid against the run and has the power and quickness to make an impact as a pass rusher. On top of all that he has the size you look for at 6'5 275. Stats : 62 Tackles - 24 TFL - 12.5 Sacks - 1 FF

[Image: cfp-national-championship-alabama-v-2016...36-186.jpg]

2. Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville - Rankins may or may not be here but with so many DT prospects rated 1-2 we will most likely have a very good prospect waiting for us in the 2nd round. In this mock that DT happens to be Rankins. Rankins could be the guy we have been looking for at DT, good against the run but still has the quickness to make a play on the QB. Between Dunlap, Atkins, Rankins, MJ, and Dodd this Dline should really take a step to a potentially elite Dline. Stats : 58 Tackles - 13 TFL - 6 Sacks

[Image: 635895759757273518-AP-Houston-Louisville-Footba.jpg]

3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma - We have our top 3 WRs in AJ, Sanu and Benjamin but we need some more depth behind this group so we draft a guy with the straight line speed, quickness, hands and body control to make an impact sooner rather than later on the team. A bit taller than 5'10 and 193 pounds he is a bit undersized but a guy that he would best compare to is Randall Cobb, both guys have solid speed to get deep, quickness to get open, solid route running and perfectly fine going over the middle to make the tough catches. Stats : 86 Receptions - 1288 Rec Yards - 11 TD

[Image: wnLLakI.jpg?1]

4. Miles Killebrew LB/S Southern Utah - 6'2 220 pound LB/S hybrid that runs a 4.4 40. This kid is being compared to Deone Bucannon by quite a few people and could play a similar role for us. From CBS "An area scout told NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah in November that he thinks Killebrew is a better football player coming out of college than Shaq Thompson (Carolina Panthers) and Deone Bucannon (Arizona Cardinals)". Small school guy so may need some time to adjust and improve technique but I think the Bengals are fine with what they have at LB, Rey M., Vinnie Rey, Burfict, Flowers coming back and just drafted Dawson early last year. Senior Bowl Clip.

[Image: xJYL6r2.jpg?1]

I like Dodd but not sure if a first round pick should be used on a guy that will be rotational.

5. Evan Boehm C Missouri -  So I think all of us want to get rid of Bodine but I don't know how much the Bengals are ready to give up to do so this year, I think the best we can hope for is a late round guy while they do everything they can to give Bodine another opportunity to step up in his third year. Boehm in the 5th round could end up taking over the spot eventually anyway, not the best athlete but a strong powerful guy that can move his man backwards. 

[Image: Evan-Boehm-inside.jpg]

6.  Daryl Worley CB WVU -  6'2 198 pound playmaker at CB. From what I have watched on this guy he sticks to his man in coverage, is a willing attacker against the run or screens and has the ability to make big plays. I will say he needs to become a better tackler because he willing but has to get better at finishing. Also a negative he was arrest for Battery in 2014 for grabbing a woman by the throat and shoving her to the ground. Stats : 49 Tackles - 2 TFL - 6 INT - 12 PD - 2 FF

[Image: daryl-worley-ncaa-football-texas-christi...90x900.jpg]

7. Josh Forrest LB Kentucky - At 6'3 245 Forrest has the size to play ILB in the NFL, Forrest went to Kentucky as WR but soon moved to LB where he really took off his JR year. Has the athletisicm and size to play the run and the pass but needs to show more effort in my opinion as he seems to assume a play will be made by a teammate too often. Still inexperienced and raw at LB but has the tools that warrant a late round pick. Stats : 93 Tackles - 6 TFL - 3.5 Sacks - 2 INT - 5 PD  - 1 FF

[Image: z%20-%20Josh%20Forrest%20vs%20MU1.jpg?w=...13&fit=max]

Love Rankins but don't see him falling this far.

Love Sterling and think he'd be a great possession receiver, but, again, I don't see him falling this far.

Killebrew is way too lanky for our SAM and I don't think he's stout enough for a SS.

Love Boehm but doubt he falls this far.

Might be nice (besides Killebrew), but just seems unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:20 PM)Crowe Wrote: This would be fine if the Bengals were to grab a solid LB in FA, I do like getting Benjamin as it gives us a fast shifty WR who is dangerous in the return game and kicks Tate to the curb. I really like your first 3 picks and the rest of the draft isn't bad either.

I think the Bengals have 4-5 guys they like at LB and Killebrew in 4 gives them an athletic LB/S hybrid guy to play around with on Defense. So I do think we would be alright without a free agent LB but I would be all for bringing in another guy.

(02-05-2016, 04:29 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I like it-especially the first two picks.  I think that people on here are panicking over the LBs a bit too much and becoming overconfident in the d-line.  Why? Maualuga was good last season, Rey is solid, Flowers or Dawson could be the answer long term.  As for the d-line: if Dunlap or Atkins miss any time the pass rush will disappear.  MJ has not looked like the MJ of old and may need a heavier rotation or to be subbed out on 3rd down now.

Yea I agree with you on everything you said, I will say I would like another LB but I don't think they reach for a guy if someone like Jaylon Smith doesn't fall to us in round 1. Flowers looked solid from the little we saw, Dawson is a 4th round pick that should be more involved this year and Killebrew would give us a solid option to play around with.

Also that is kinda why I went heavy on the Dline early, Atkins and Dunlap are fantastic at rushing the QB but outside of those 2 guy we have next to nothing. With Dodd and Rankins we atleast stay competent with an injury to one of those guys.

(02-05-2016, 05:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love Rankins but don't see him falling this far.

Love Sterling and think he'd be a great possession receiver, but, again, I don't see him falling this far.

Killebrew is way too lanky for our SAM and I don't think he's stout enough for a SS.

Yea I'm with you on Rankins as in I'm unsure he falls but like I said above I think atleast one of the DT's rated 1-2 falls into our lap but you really never know who that guy might be so I just went with Rankins this mock, right now he is the 36th ranked player on CBS but it could be any of the guys rated in that area.

As for Sterling why wouldn't he be around? Receivers fall seemingly all the time, throw in the fact he is 5'10 and already ranked as an early 3rd round pick is it really that crazy for him to be around a little later in round 3? I don't think so.

Killebrew is a guy drawing comparison's to Deone Bucannon and Shaq Thompson, some people won't like it but if Killebrew is used right he would bring the speed and physicality we need at LB instead of drafting another 250 pound LB that can't cover a TE or Receiver to save his life.

With Boehm, again just going with CBS rankings and they have him solidly as a 5th round pick.

Again I used CBS rankings for the picks and the only real reach is Rankins in my opinion and I explained that pick, all the others are graded for the round I have them picked in and Sterling for example is an early 3rd rounder but with his size and the fact he is probably gonna be the 10th or so WR taken it stands to reason he could easily fall a couple more picks in the 3rd. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always liked your mocks Bob and this is no exception.

First off, i would take Rankins in the first over Dodd cause i doubt Rankins gets out of the first round and
we need a DT more than an End at this moment. But if this happens i would be even more ecstatic.

Sterling pry won't fall this far either but again i would love it if this happened.

Killebrew be the man, he takes great angles, hits hard, has a nose for the ball and can play SS, FS, LB and
even Corner in a pinch. This guy is now the dude i really want on this team.

Love the Boehm pick.

I just love this Draft and would love for it to shake out this way i just doubt it does.

I bet all of these guys early go earlier except for Dodd who is about where you put him.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 05:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love Rankins but don't see him falling this far.

Killebrew is not near as lanky as Lamur and is way stout for a SS, way feather pluckingly stout for a SS.
Reply/Quote