Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob's Last Mock of 2019
Tried to keep the picks in a realistic range using CBS, Drafttek, NFL, and Walter to find the right range.

1. TJ Hockenson TE Iowa - We need a TE so why not take the best one? I don’t think we take an OT at 11 and I think Devin White is gone so for me this is BPA at a position of need. He can come in and learn behind Eifert and if by some miracle Eifert last all season we will be unstoppable in the middle of the field, if not he can learn behind Eifert for 5-6 games and come in to take over.

[Image: 227364_9d62836a9d1f45cabd32c557acb452f1~mv2.jpg]

2. Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State - I know I know, 2 rounds and no LB or Oline. Its not ideal but we get 2 great young players and with Green and Boyd’s contracts expiring they may see a need for an insurance plan. Until then he can learn behind a guy that he reminds me alot of in AJ Green. This guy is gonna win contested balls, can get deep, good body control and is a handful to bring down after the catch. Hands are inconsistent and routes are nothing special but with a year behind AJ and Boyd he is a piece that can help open up the field this year and even more so after a year of learning from AJ.

[Image: 5401-88391-original.jpeg]

3. Germaine Pratt ILB NC State - We finally get a LB and even though its 3 rounds later than most want we still get a good one. Pratt is the type of LB we need, namely one that can cover, has good size and is still learning the position so he could be a guy that is better in the NFL than he was in college.

[Image: PrattCU_GF_copy.JPG?w=600]

4. Max Scharping OT Northern Illinois - Good size guy with experience at LT, RT, and OG but probably fits better at RT in the NFL. Played well and handled defenders while at Northern Illinois. Will need to work on footwork but has potential and experience to help right away even if it takes a couple games before our coaches realize Bobby Hart isn’t the answer.

[Image: YPSSNFQPQBEIHHGVZALS4DLD6Q.jpg]

4.(Trade) Bryce Love RB Stanford - After losing Walton and Gio being on the last year of his contract we go after the guy we want after seeing him still on the board by trading a 5th(149) and 4 6th(198,210,211,213) to swap places with a team in that 116-126 range(Checks out on the trade chart to get us into the back half of round 4, we don't need all those 6ths who arent making the team anyway). Bryce is a guy that I think can come in and take over for Gio in a year and be a good change of pace to play with Mixon. Strong character guy as well which is what we need after all the bad press Walton has brought to the team.

[Image: BL.jpg]

5. Traded

6. Ben Burr-Kirven LB Washington - A bit undersized at 6’0 230 but makes up for it with instincts and drive. Has the speed and athletisicm to make it work even at his size and showed it on the field in 2018 with 176 total tackles, 5.5 TFL, 2 INT, 4 FF and 6 PD. A guy that put up those numbers in college shouldn’t be ignored because of his size. Special teams guy day 1 with potential to get some playing time on Defense.

[Image: wide-receiver-darren-carrington-of-the-o...vJcFLTtXI=]

6. Traded 

6. Traded

6. Traded 

6. Traded

7. Greg Dortch WR Wake Forest - One more WR that I feel like I take every draft just because I love the things that this guy can do. Small guy but is a competitor on the field that can make all the catches and is electric in the return game. Had 89 Receptions, 1078 Yards, 8 TDs, and 2 Punts returned for TD’s. Dude literally was the offense and special teams for Wake Forest.

[Image: 59f52e6aab076.image_.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&...sl=1&w=640]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty good haul! I do think Butler might be ranked a little high here. I like the fact you traded away a lot of the 6th rd picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 03:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty good haul! I do think Butler might be ranked a little high here. I like the fact you traded away a lot of the 6th rd picks.

Yea Butler is rated all over the place, but is my favorite WR in the draft. Not only does he have the physical tools at 6'5 227 while running a 4.48 but he also shows it on the field with some unreal plays on contested balls and run after the catch ability. I could honestly see the guy sneaking into round 1 and doubt he makes it to 3 so Id take him here.

As for the 6ths, we have to be planning to move up right? No way all those guys would make the roster, better to move up and get a higher quality guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 07:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea Butler is rated all over the place, but is my favorite WR in the draft. Not only does he have the physical tools at 6'5 227 while running a 4.48 but he also shows it on the field with some unreal plays on contested balls and run after the catch ability. I could honestly see the guy sneaking into round 1 and doubt he makes it to 3 so Id take him here.

As for the 6ths, we have to be planning to move up right? No way all those guys would make the roster, better to move up and get a higher quality guy.

Maybe.  This could be the year they decide to "cut the cord" on a few players still on their rookie contracts, that never were able to make a significant impact.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe.  This could be the year they decide to "cut the cord" on a few players still on their rookie contracts, that never were able to make a significant impact.  

Could be right but id imagine we have a better shot at finding an impact player in 4. Although with all the 6ths we have more chances at hitting on a good player I suppose.

Guess it depends on who falls and if they value them more than those 6ths.
Reply/Quote